Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

Comments

• SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    i think it might be interesting to have Theresa
    Kill Texas

It ve very interesting.
    Theresa has killed before and never been caught. If she kills Texas I doubt she be smart enough to get away with murder a second time. Theresa will do anything to keep Dodger by her side.
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    It ve very interesting.
    Theresa has killed before and never been caught. If she kills Texas I doubt she be smart enough to get away with murder a second time. Theresa will do anything to keep Dodger by her side.

Jacquis leaving - maybe Thersea kills Texas & Jacqui takes the blame
    Forum Member

I wish jacqui would stay she is a great character I would hate if she went to jail a crime she never did.

If the writers have reasons for keeping Theresa , make her better then she is now. Make Theresa more likeable and not so annoying

Theresa getting jealous when Dodger talking with Texas and around other ladies. If Theresa gets back to together with Will I won't be surprised if it happens.

Theresa needs to focus on getting a job and being a better mother to her daughter. Making a good future for her daughter and herself. Not trying to get with so many men and seducing them to sleep with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish jacqui would stay she is a great character I would hate if she went to jail a crime she never did.

If the writers have reasons for keeping Theresa , make her better then she is now. Make Theresa more likeable and not so annoying

Theresa getting jealous when Dodger talking with Texas and around other ladies. If Theresa gets back to together with Will I won't be surprised if it happens.

Theresa needs to focus on getting a job and being a better mother to her daughter. Making a good future for her daughter and herself. Not trying to get with so many men and seducing them to sleep with them.

i think if they dont have her turn killer for a 2nd time - let the kid be taken of her for good,see how she reacts to it,it dont think this has been done properly in a soap before
    Forum Member
    i think if they dont have her turn killer for a 2nd time - let the kid be taken of her for good,see how she reacts to it,it dont think this has been done properly in a soap before

Theresa left her child behind to be with Joel not much of a good mother.

The writers are dragging on the truth about Jen and Tilly is taking to long to expose Jen. They are dragging this story on for to long.

If the writers expose the truth about Jen then they are dragging it on witch will turn out to be boring to watch a good story being wasted, dragged on and ending up boring.

Unbelievable Jen never gone to see Esther in hospital not once, never asked about her well being, only cares about herself her job and walking around like she doesn't know anything what happened to Esther. One good thing Jen did stopping Bart, Sinead, and Ruby from harming Esther.
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you a troll? I mean seriously? You post things lots of times over and over, it's so annoying. What's the point?
    They could at least consolidate their thoughts into one post. Other users have tried to be polite and hope they take the hint but it clearly isn't working. :sleep:
    Reo wrote: »
    If you don't like what someone is posting you can always put them on your ignore list, no-one should feel that they aren't welcome to post here, so instead of questioning someone's posting habit, put them on ignore if you don't like it.
    We shouldn't have to resort to ignore. Besides other users tend to quote the ignored poster, rendering it moot.

The level of discussion has declined in the last couple of months, there's no doubt about it. Since the daily episode threads were reintroduced and BK's nonsensical, plot-driven ideas have taken root, some great users would appear to have given up on the main thread, the soap or both. cyrilandshirley and ally, to name but two. I loved reading their posts.

Some users have stated that they are only sticking around for the Brendan exit or the Esther bullying SL, once those are concluded I fear for the thread. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theresa left her child behind to be with Joel not much of a good mother.

The writers are dragging on the truth about Jen and Tilly is taking to long to expose Jen. They are dragging this story on for to long.

If the writers expose the truth about Jen then they are dragging it on witch will turn out to be boring to watch a good story being wasted, dragged on and ending up boring.

Unbelievable Jen never gone to see Esther in hospital not once, never asked about her well being, only cares about herself her job and walking around like she doesn't know anything what happened to Esther. One good thing Jen did stopping Bart, Sinead, and Ruby from harming Esther.

i think what theyve done with Jen is realistic to most teachers (Sadly) - most teachers try there best upto a point & then just say "i tried to help but they wouldnt help themselves" - it is being dragged on but im thinking its just untill the actresses current contract is up then bye,bye jen
    Forum Member
    i think what theyve done with Jen is realistic to most teachers (Sadly) - most teachers try there best upto a point & then just say "i tried to help but they wouldnt help themselves" - it is being dragged on but im thinking its just untill the actresses current contract is up then bye,bye jen

Killjoy2013 if you like to see a good film Looper is a great one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killjoy2013 if you like to see a good film Looper is a great one.

think ive seen bits of that,thats the one were a guy gets told to kill a future version of himself isnt it,maybe HO Could try that SL :D
    Forum Member
    think ive seen bits of that,thats the one were a guy gets told to kill a future version of himself isnt it,maybe HO Could try that SL :D

Would be great if they could bring in Esthers mother.

Esthers mother should be by her daughters side and be very angry at everyone who bullied Esther, let her down, never helped her and want the bullies who driven Esther to kill herself to be punished alot more for Sinead and Ruby have done. Frankie, Jen, Esthers whole family, the bullies, Diane everyone that Esther's mother should be angry with and want them punished for all the hurtful things they did to Esther.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be great if they could bring in Esthers mother.

Esthers mother should be by her daughters side and be very angry at everyone who bullied Esther, let her down, never helped her and want the bullies who driven Esther to kill herself to be punished alot more for Sinead and Ruby have done. Frankie, Jen, Esthers whole family, the bullies, Diane everyone that Esther's mother should be angry with and want them punished for all the hurtful things they did to Esther.

Esthers moms dead isnt she
    Forum Member
    Esthers moms dead isnt she

Esthers not talked about her mother. no way to know if shes alice or dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esthers not talked about her mother. no way to know if shes alice or dead.

im guessing dead or she would of gone to her not frankies when her dad died
    Forum Member
    im guessing dead or she would of gone to her not frankies when her dad died

if Esthers mother is gone i hope Esther will be okay.

A friend of mine said it should be Tilly, Esther and Ruby that expose Jen.

For me I like to see Esther expose the truth about Jen, Esther seen Jen come by that night, if Esther learns Jen never come to see how she was doing while in a coma, still has her job and never told the truth what better way for Esther to get Jen fired and Esther shows everyone she no longer going to take anyone’s crap no longer be a victim to anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if Esthers mother is gone i hope Esther will be okay.

A friend of mine said it should be Tilly, Esther and Ruby that expose Jen.

For me I like to see Esther expose the truth about Jen, Esther seen Jen come by that night, if Esther learns Jen never come to see how she was doing while in a coma, still has her job and never told the truth what better way for Esther to get Jen fired and Esther shows everyone she no longer going to take anyone’s crap no longer be a victim to anyone.

yes,i agree with BIB,Maybe with help from JP
    Forum Member
    yes,i agree with BIB,Maybe with help from JP

Thank you Killjoy2013 for talking with me.

Killjoy2013 its been great talking with you and look forward to speaking with you again. It’s late need sleep. Heres another film I hope you enjoy Shutter Island.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Killjoy2013 for talking with me.

Killjoy2013 its been great talking with you and look forward to speaking with you again. It’s late need sleep. Heres another film I hope you enjoy Shutter Island.

same here - didnt realise it was 2:26 :eek:,night night DS :D
    Forum Member
    same here - didnt realise it was 2:26 :eek:,night night DS :D

your welcome.
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sienna still a fresh character and theres so many storys to do with her character. Sienna doesn't like Texas with Dodger but don't put anything past her mind we know what’s she’s capable of. Sienna good at manipulation and getting the truth out of people. It wouldn't be right to turn Sienna into a killer because we need to see more of Sienna, what she is like and what she can do when people tick her off.

Now Sienna is back looking forward to seeing what storys that will be a challenge for Sienna.

What's her name again? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could at least consolidate their thoughts into one post. Other users have tried to be polite and hope they take the hint but it clearly isn't working. :sleep:

We shouldn't have to resort to ignore. Besides other users tend to quote the ignored poster, rendering it moot.

The level of discussion has declined in the last couple of months, there's no doubt about it. Since the daily episode threads were reintroduced and BK's nonsensical, plot-driven ideas have taken root, some great users would appear to have given up on the main thread, the soap or both. cyrilandshirley and ally, to name but two. I loved reading their posts.

Some users have stated that they are only sticking around for the Brendan exit or the Esther bullying SL, once those are concluded I fear for the thread. :(

BIB. I fear you may be right. Though I do think it is more to do with the current content of the show, rather than there being two threads. I posted on both (but neither last night, as I had nothing to sayn and couldn't be bothered to keep repeating myself as to how dire it is atm).

Mitzeees lazy leaving SL and going in a loop during her whole last week to start with. But people stuck with it.

However we now have the most inplausible plot ever with Kevin and Walker and that Maxine should be involved at all is a just a joke. And most of this week has been centred around these three with the occassional smattering of Cheryls love life and the follow on for the bullies. I am not even going to go near the Texas/Will plot, or Jacquis dilemma. The show is becoming a farce.
    Forum Member
    emzi27 wrote: »
    What's her name again? :p

Sienna Blake (played by Anna Passey)

Texas Longford played by Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

I'm flattered. :o I'm still around, and I still post sometimes. Couple of reasons why I don't post as much as I did. One's because I'm a big fan of Brendan and Stendan (yes, no matter how terrible the things they do to each other are), and I just got a bit sick of the sneering at Stendan fans that comes repeatedly from some posters on here. So I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the last couple of weeks of it (if I'm allowed, the spoilers sound pretty miserable). But do I want to discuss it any more? Nope. :sleep:

The other reason is I'm not totally feeling the HO love at this moment, because most of the things I love are ending. I know there's not much BK could do about Emmett Scanlan, Claire Cooper and Rachel Shenton all handing in their notice at the same time, his 3 best actors playing his 3 best characters, but I've not been wildly impressed by how it's been handled. The Walker stuff is SO repetitive and daft, and crapped all over Mitzeee's exit. I still think Neil Newbon's really good, and he's managed to make some of his scenes with Kevin and the one with Seamus compelling, but oh my god, SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR EFFIN BROTHER! Could they not have him suffering PTSD after losing his job and his life, killing Mick, having sex with Brendan, the whole bizzo of how far he's been prepared to go to get Brendan? Having said that, the fight pics look decent, and the horrible Seamus seems to be back in the story, so I hope this Brendan exit is better, and what he deserves. Jacqui's stuff with Trudy leaves me cold though, and Cheryl/Nate is terrible.

Other things about the show "after Brendan" (oo, get ready for a long post):
    I hate the Savages, though the Mum might have potential.
    I loathe John Paul, I cannot believe how smug he is now! Putting him with Doug is the kiss of death for both characters to me. The only thing that could redeem JP for me now is if he started letting Patrick spank him after assembly.
    Not interested in Clare's return, or Gillian Taylforth and her hunky sons, in fact the very idea makes me slightly die inside, like when the Savages first arrived.
    The Esther suicide was amazing, but the aftermath honks. When is Jen getting fired? Where is Tilly? Why has George forgiven Ruby and Jen? Why isn't Diane angry with Sinead?

Things I still kind of like:
    Tony. Hilarious with Ste the other day. I'd really want him to be a friend to Ste after Brendan goes.
    Barney, always completely underused, and now his friendship group has been decimated, so not sure what his future will be. Tony/Ste/Barney scenes would be pure gold, because they're all brilliant at comedy.
    The Osbornes are always good value, but I thought the Darren/Kanes thing was pretty stupid plotting.
    Phoebe is amazing, as is Esther. George and Tilly are OK. They could be a decent 6th form group, if they sort out the suicide aftermath.
    Martha's great.

Anyway, I hope HO gets its groove back for a new audience, but not sure I'll be watching. But that's enough from me! Retreating back into semi-silence. It's nice over here in the quiet. :cool:
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member

Yes, It's a little sad because I enjoyed the lively and varied discussion that used to go on in here too. And, of course, there were things happening in the show that people engaged with (or merely got infuriated with) which prompted some interesting conversations.

I guess I'm one of the former semi-regular posters who doesn't feel like contributing so often any more. Largely because my favourite character (Brendan) stopped being as interesting to me after the Laters episodes, and I don't find anything in his domestic dramas with Ste that I can connect with. As for the Kevin / Walker / Maxine stuff, that's just so boring and such a let-down that Brendan (like Mitzeee) is having the run-up to his exit so badly handled with such weak material.

I think the daily thread has contributed to the decline of this one, and people are free to post wherever they choose, of course. But it doesn't appeal to me as it seems to be mainly single-word or very short posts that say nothing much, and if anyone adds a more structured comment nobody responds to it. And there's no opportunity for continuity of discussion, as the thread then falls off the page and is replaced by a new, equally vacuous thread.

And, without wishing to be mean to anyone , having to scroll past endless repetitive posts and news 'spoilers' that everyone who reads DS will have already seen, doesn't make the thread an interesting place to visit anymore.

Other things about the show "after Brendan" (oo, get ready for a long post):
    I hate the Savages, though the Mum might have potential.
    I loathe John Paul, I cannot believe how smug he is now! Putting him with Doug is the kiss of death for both characters to me. The only thing that could redeem JP for me now is if he started letting Patrick spank him after assembly.
    Not interested in Clare's return, or Gillian Taylforth and her hunky sons, in fact the very idea makes me slightly die inside, like when the Savages first arrived.
    The Esther suicide was amazing, but the aftermath honks. When is Jen getting fired? Where is Tilly? Why has George forgiven Ruby and Jen? Why isn't Diane angry with Sinead?

Agree with all BIB's. Terrible follow-up to the excellent bullying SL, a predictably cliched pairing between JP/Doug (soon to be turned into yet another love triangle with Ste, no doubt), the re-introduction of another 2D panto villain, and more topless hunks with the acting ability of planks of wood ... where is the meaty drama, what's there to hang aroung for? Nothing, imo. :sleep:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member

I would probably throw the closest thing to me at the tv if that actually happens. Jacqui deserves something much better.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BK isn't filling me with confidence at the moment, it just feels like he's asking viewers to forget the last four years and continue like it's 2009. I don't like how much of a waste JP's story has been so far, James Sutton is better than a predictable love plot with Doug :yawn: They're still trudging over the past with Walker/Kevin, infact the only good thing about this plot is Nikki Sanderson showing that she's a pretty good addition to HO about four months later, I've found her acting pretty great this week. Everytime Will comes on screen, I get bored, none of the Savage family work and Patrick and Sienna are better without Dodger hamming it up. On the other hand, I quite like Cheryl and Nate as a couple, I think Darren and Nancy's scene over the article was the best scene in HO this year, Jessica Fox's acting was incredible. I do really like The Osbornes and the Kanes. I'm looking forward to Ruby's stuff this week, Anna Shaffer is a strong actress and it might give a bit more aftermath to the bullying storyline. Overall, I think there have been good things and bad things about the show this week.
This discussion has been closed.