Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Carl Pistorius now getting into an argument with Donald Trump, telling him to "consider eternity"

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius

Is that a brand of toupée adhesive?
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    That's good, it allows him to become a contributing member of society on completing his prison term.

... and to reemploy loyal and strongly silent Frank on the Night as his Gardener.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone from the prosecution commented ? Didn't even see Nel leaving.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's good, it allows him to become a contributing member of society on completing his prison term.

I suppose it's good that OP has at least some people rooting for him - even if they are in the minority. ;-)
    I personally would not like to see the OPs snivelling face again, nor see him on the racetrack and I don't give a stuff whether or not he becomes a contributing member of society. Goes for his equally objectionable family too.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    They ask for privacy, but give TV interviews, make public statements and seem unable to stay off Twitter.

The irony of them >:(
    Forum Member
    I suppose it's good that OP has at least some people rooting for him - even if they are in the minority. ;-)

That's because I'm not one of the thread fishwives who see in OP the embodiment of every nasty bloke they've ever had to suffer in life. :D

Seriously, it's the right sentence for the offence.
  • maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    jack_blair wrote: »
    I think he had no choice than to say what he did. He wanted complete acquittal for what he said was an accident from the outset. So he has not been vindicated has he.

I was answering the Arrogant comment by the Poster. I do believe they are glad their lives can now repair and move on, and can one blame them.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justice has not been served, an utter insult to the victim and her family that he may only serve ten months, I have no desire to see that piece of scum ever again so I do hope the relevant authorities keep this vile creature away from competitive sport.
    Regardless of what he claims in my opinion he is a murderer who clearly set out to kill her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because I'm not one of the thread fishwives who see in OP the embodiment of every nasty bloke they've ever had to suffer in life. :D
    Well just bully for you. Congrats in the mail. :D
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Carl Pistorius now getting into an argument with Donald Trump, telling him to "consider eternity"

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius

it seems their money didn't save their lad ;-)
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Texet wrote: »
    I really don't think that's accurate. Most people had no idea of the facts of the case before it started - just the headlines. That created a lot of interest. But it was only when people heard the 4 state witnesses, plus OP's own quite dreadful testimony that the anger kicked in.

For it was only at that point that the public reaslised that not only was OP's version hugely improbable, but that OP was a thoroughly nasty piece of work. When the verdict was handed down, the anger at what he had done was heightened by what seemed to be an incorrect verdict and sentence.

Well said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well just bully for you. Congrats in the mail. :D

:D...
    Forum Member
    Justice has not been served, an utter insult to the victim and her family that he may only serve ten months, I have no desire to see that piece of scum ever again so I do hope the relevant authorities keep this vile creature away from competitive sport.

Remember Judge Masipa's remarks about how the sentence isn't going to be seen as justice by everybody but there has to be a balance etc etc etc?

That's for you, that is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His family keep bleating on to the media is not doing either the convicted or them any favours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    Do you not see a difference in culpability between someone pre-planning a deliberate murder and someone killing someone by mistake?

Indeed there is a very great difference. Pre-planned murderers are sent to prison for life. OP has been sent to prison for 10 months.

The fact is that there is no more serious crime in this world than taking the life of another person. No matter how it is done. The awful finality of death and impact it has on their family cannot be overstated.

The judge made it clear that this was not 'an accidental death'. This was a "grossly negligent" killing by OP behaving rashly and without proper thought. The public is entitled to expect a sentence that reflects that. 10 months goes nowhere near.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember Judge Masipa's remarks about how the sentence isn't going to be seen as justice by everybody but there has to be a balance etc etc etc?

That's for you, that is.

But is the 'balance' right? I believe we allowed to debate it.
    If that's OK with you...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maringar wrote: »
    Did you hear what Arnold said. If you did then where was the Arrogance. It was dignified and heartfelt. His upset obvious but why not, he loves his Nephew. Oscar was prepared to serve his sentence and pay back to society.As regards the charge of Pre Meditated Murder initially pursued by the State, when the puzzle did not fit they changed their stance to a Mosaic where everything can opportunistically fit everywhere and in so doing create as much collateral damage as they could in their pursuit of their P.M. Murder Charge, the Truth became irrelevant in order to make the charge stick which upset him greatly. He accepted the ruling of the Court and wanted Privacy.. They as a Family will continue to support and guide Oscar.!

Jeez I hope not as they don't seem to have made a good job of it up to now.
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member

Thank God I'm Male and therefore am immune to the intended?? insult. The fact it is given raises up not down our contributors, as attacking the OP is a sign of frustration and lack of quality argument in the subject itself?

Fishwifes... Yes but there were reasons and good sides too. :)

Fishwives in fishing villages such as Cullercoats and Newhaven were noted for their beauty, hardiness and industry and were celebrated by artists and royalty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishwife
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His family keep bleating on to the media is not doing either the convicted or them any favours.

Obviously not heard of ""less is more""
    Forum Member
    The fact is that there is no more serious crime in this world than taking the life of another person. No matter how it is done. The awful finality of death and impact it has on their family cannot be overstated.

You're dead wrong there, because the outcome might be the same, but the circumstances are always unique, and that is how sentences are arrived at, not the result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judge made it clear that this was not 'an accidental death'. This was a "grossly negligent" killing by OP behaving rashly and without proper thought. The public is entitled to expect a sentence that reflects that. 10 months goes nowhere near.
    I know we have to go with 'grossly negligent' but there is plenty of qualified legal opinion that disagrees with that for starters. Imo it would be a joke if it wasn't so tragic.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's for you, that is.

Judge Masipa needs to change that statement to: "how the sentence isn't going to be seen as justice by the majority bar hardcore Oscar fans, his family and sympathisers for the wrong person"
  • IamtiredmiladyIamtiredmilady Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please don't resort to insults.
    Forum Member
    Please don't resort to insults.

I was joking love. Hence the smiley ---> :D
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They ask for privacy, but give TV interviews, make public statements and seem unable to stay off Twitter.
    Considering Trump's tweet wasn't directed at Carl, he is clearly just itching for an argument, in doing so he shows absolute contempt for Reeva's family

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius/status/524533010931417088
This discussion has been closed.