Options

Cheryl on Saturday, Kylie on Sunday

soapdoctorsoapdoctor Posts: 3,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It has been confirmed by Cheryl's management on Twitter that Cheryl will be performing tomorrow, and it will be aired completely LIVE! Kylie will pre-record for Sunday's show:)

Comments

• Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapdoctor wrote: »
    It has been confirmed by Cheryl's management on Twitter that Cheryl will be performing tomorrow, and it will be aired completely LIVE! Kylie will pre-record for Sunday's show:)

Cheryl will be LIVE? Like live LIVE? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She'll probably sing some of the song live, but give a great performance, probably miming around half:)
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll probably sing some of the song live, but give a great performance, probably miming around half:)

With loads of loads of backup singers (hidden of course). :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume she will sing a live vocal over a pre recorded backing track containing some vocals. I doubt she will sing with the band as she will want to promote her new single or a track from the album.

I predict there will be one, or several, heated threads on here debating whether she sang, mimed or did a bit of both. :)

Oh, and I will be accused of saying something I didn't say. :):)

... by someone not a million miles away from this post... :o
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame the weather will mean probably only a hardly 4million will bother!
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Shame the weather will mean probably only a hardly 4million will bother!

It should get 6m.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    There will be a lot of barbecues going at 6.30pm tomorrow night. :D
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    It should get 6m.

It should, but I don't think it will
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then her management aren't telling the truth... Cheryl will be recorded 90 minutes before the show, so that the BBC can "tweak" any imperfections.
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member

From The Sun

"Cheryl will belt out her new track Call My Name in front of the studio audience at 6pm tonight before the show goes on air at 6.30pm.

That means techies will have just around 90 minutes to check — and potentially improve — sound quality before her portion of tonight’s show is aired.

Cheryl is well-known for miming."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/thevoice/4339100/Cheryl-Cole-says-she-will-sing-live-on-The-Voice-despite-BBC-bosses-planning-to-alter-her-voice-before-broadcast.html

I expect them to doctor and mash up the sound, with a convenient odd little live bit to give the allusion she is a singer. Reality is, she has little more singing ability than the average to poor karaoke singer at your local pub.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are clever putting one on each night, boost the ratings for each.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also - it's interesting if that Sun story is true. They could tweak the vocals of the contestants on the pre-recorded show because they have the chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Also - it's interesting if that Sun story is true. They could tweak the vocals of the contestants on the pre-recorded show because they have the chance.

Please read post #10... The only part that The Sun have wrong, is that her vocals are recorded 90 minutes before, and not 30. :)

I'm just glad that Will.i.am's influence hasn't affected the BBC's decision in giving Kylie the premium spot on Sunday night where they need to boost the ratings the most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    Please read post #10... The only part that The Sun have wrong, is that her vocals are recorded 90 minutes before, and not 30. :)

I'm just glad that Will.i.am's influence hasn't affected the BBC's decision in giving Kylie the premium spot on Sunday night where they need to boost the ratings the most.

I doubt it'll significantly boost the ratings tbh.

And I'm not sure what relevance your first sentence had to anything I said.
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's performance will be shown on the Results show even though she will have performed live tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    Cheryl's performance will be shown on the Results show even though she will have performed live tonight.

No it's tonight:)
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »

Conflicting information - is she on tonight or tomorrow? Because either way it's not live, whatever her PR say. It's still pre-recorded.

And if it is tonight - why can't she perform it completely live? Why pre-record? (apart from the obvious answer).

I remember for Promise This her PR gave the lame reason that apparently there's no way a judge can perform, then after a three min ad break walk out on stage with her acts to hear the result :rolleyes: It's too much for her to do :rolleyes:

I really don't think she does herself any favours. (not that she's bothered)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl's performance is tonight and it will be shown on TV tonight. Kylie is tomorrow (although she's recording tonight).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also - can I just laugh at The Sun's article? Especially the 'entourage' bit...no way does Kylie have 33 people travelling around with her and there's no way Cheryl has 45 :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    If Tweedy's on a satuday, people need to be warned.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Also - can I just laugh at The Sun's article? Especially the 'entourage' bit...no way does Kylie have 33 people travelling around with her and there's no way Cheryl has 45 :rolleyes:

How do you know?
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Conflicting information - is she on tonight or tomorrow? Because either way it's not live, whatever her PR say. It's still pre-recorded.

And if it is tonight - why can't she perform it completely live? Why pre-record? (apart from the obvious answer).

I remember for Promise This her PR gave the lame reason that apparently there's no way a judge can perform, then after a three min ad break walk out on stage with her acts to hear the result :rolleyes: It's too much for her to do :rolleyes:

I really don't think she does herself any favours. (not that she's bothered)

THIS.

Dan Wootton ‏@danwootton
    So Cheryl Cole just pre-recorded her performance at The Voice, according to @JessicaBoulton who is down there tonight. Sounds good.
  • Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait to see Kylies performance.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, typical Cheryl miming all the way through the song.....So Much for singing live. The artists who are wanting to win the show sang better than Cheryl.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    How was that LIVE??