LibreOffice - removing blank lines from a cell

jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a one-page LO document which stores data in a table. I wanted to add a new row of cells at the bottom of the table, but this would have then taken me to a new page. So I cancelled the instruction.

I went to the current bottom row (of cells) and deleted three lines of unnecessary text within one of the cells. I expected to be able to position the cursor at the end of the remaining text and press 'delete'. Unfortunately, this did nothing. There's only one other column, and this has data only on the top line.

I can't find any way of deleting these blank lines, and I don't find the Help very useful.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I fully understand your question but here goes.

If you enter the cell to edit, from the end of the text pressing 'Delete' only removes text to the right of the cursor (where there is none), use 'Backspace'.

If you select the cell(s) then 'Delete' will delete the contents.

However, you have just emptied the contents of a cell and that cell is included in the sheet even if empty.

Selecting the Row handles on the left of the sheet and using Edit|Delete Cells removes them from the workspace.

If the references of the cells are beyond the end of the sheet you will see heavier lines in the sheet delineating the page range. Adjusting the page layout (margins, etc.) will reposition those lines or alternatively selecting the row handles and deleting sufficient rows (or columns) will enable your sheet to print on one page.

A third, less helpful option is to set the print range if you cannot delete the 'empty' (but used) cells.