Superstar Show Discussion Thursday 19/07/2012

Comments

• thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Not enough life running through his veins.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Dean Andrews ‏@Deanoandrews

Jon says he can't believe he's still here #yourenotonyourownlad :)

Aw Ray, I like Jon, bless.
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I must be watching a different show to everyone else :D. I think David is the best by miles.
    Susie-R wrote: »
    I like David and I like it when they act the songs, Lee Mead always used to do that and he won, after all that's what you have to do in Musical Theatre
    yorkgirl wrote: »
    Ben really emotes. I've got this feeling that he might end up doing really well in this.
    I agree with all of these. For me, the key to a great stage performer is the ability to connect with the emotion of the song and both do that very well.

Means they'll be the next to go as my taste is always at odds with the Great British Public.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John not for me sorry
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkgirl wrote: »
    Ah bless, poor Niall. I'm feeling a little maternal now. I still think he should go though:(

Here we go, another reminder of Jon's holiday camp past:mad:

I must admit I felt sorry for him at the end, I thought he was going to cry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd pop on as been lurking on these threads for days - are the judges seriously hearing the same thing as we are? Love him or loathe him Nathan was magnificent! They certainly have their chosen ones eg David, Ben & Rory distant 3rd. Waiting for Roger now to resume the high quality!!
    Forum Member
    ALW wants shot of Jon.
  • jeffers40jeffers40 Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    ALW wants John out now
  • haribo_hockeyharibo_hockey Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Dean Andrews ‏@Deanoandrews

Jon says he can't believe he's still here #yourenotonyourownlad :)

Aw Ray, I like Jon, bless.

i may have lol'd a lil when this tweet popped up on my feed :)
  • pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh he wants Jon off the show now....think I will go and vote for him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. Andrew's comments translate as: "Right, public, vote Jon out now, he's getting in the way".
    Forum Member
    Lets all vote for Jon just to annoy the lord ;)
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very cutting from the panel there and the look guy hasn't been the worst of the night by far but ALW made it sound like he has no chance of being saved if he is in the bottom two
  • ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really struggling to see any of them as Jesus because we need some musical theatre songs and some proper performances like the BBC version.

So agree posted similar earlier/.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I'm really struggling to see any of them as Jesus because we need some musical theatre songs and some proper performances like the BBC version.

Freudian slip there ;) Think that's part of the problem, more suitable for a certain other biblical role than this one!
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did ALW say that he did or didn't see Jon in the role? I didn't quite catch it.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,699
    Forum Member
    Rogerness up next.

Go Roger, give it your best shot, and if these judges say anything detrimental I shall go down there and slosh ALW with a wet dishcloth! :p:D
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artois wrote: »
    So agree posted similar earlier/.

Definetly. They need some material they can get into and join in the performances without just singing into a mic :)
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeez (pardon the pun), could ALW be any more obvious about who he does and doesn't want?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Are they picking their own songs? They keep blaming them for the songs they are singing as though they aren't actually being told what to sing every night. I do like Jon, I really do. They keep bringing up his red coat past like he was in prison for manslaughter or something. They have decided they don't want him and it's awful to just say that to him like that - "it's been lovely having you" Is ALW serious? He just fawned all over Ben who was brutal.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pissed off with ALW now.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Well I cant vote but if I could I would vote for John . Just to spite the Lord
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    God he was harsh on poor Jon wasn't he. I like Jon the best. He's got a lovely way about him. He's not winning it though, not after what old trout face has just said
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ali_Harker wrote: »
    Freudian slip there ;) Think that's part of the problem, more suitable for a certain other biblical role than this one!

You caught me :D:p:o

Definetly agree with you. I don't think the song choices they are being given are giving much indication to how we could see them as Jesus
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Tiggywink wrote: »
    Pissed off with ALW now.

Me too , he is bloody getting on my wick now . He chooses 11 and then knocks them down ,