Should Sky launch its own shopping channel?

90s fan90s fan Posts: 204
Forum Member
With ITV launching the shopping channel, I wonder if Sky would ever launch their own shopping channel called Sky Shop. It would be a cross between QVC and two defunct channels Shop! and Argos TV. I expect it would be FTA on Sky, Freeview and Freesat, I would be surprised if Sky Shop is a pay channel, the only so far is QVC which went FTA years ago.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    ...no.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Also as well no!!
    Ian.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    No . . .
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    90s fan wrote: »
    With ITV launching the shopping channel, I wonder if Sky would ever launch their own shopping channel called Sky Shop. It would be...
    Of all the things to fantasise about.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it doesn't need to ..... it sells all of it's products through it's system already!
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With ITV launching the shopping channel, I wonder if Sky would ever launch their own shopping channel called Sky Shop. It would be a cross between QVC and two defunct channels Shop! and Argos TV. I expect it would be FTA on Sky, Freeview and Freesat, I would be surprised if Sky Shop is a pay channel, the only so far is QVC which went FTA years ago.

Why would they do that? They know that people hate Shopping Channels, hence why they would never advertise the fact they have shopping channels. Plus ITV are not 'launching' their own shopping channel, they are working with JML to launch 'The Store', im sure for a bit of money until its off the ground then they can leave JML to do it themselves. You do come up with some rubbish on here.

Maybe the new shopping channel they launch will get scrapped for Sky 3 "Woodcroft Television"
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Dont they have shareholdings in QVC UK and Sky Travel Shop
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Dont they have shareholdings in QVC UK and Sky Travel Shop

They sold their stake in QVC back to QVC's parent company in 2004
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many shopping channels now, selling more or less the same old crud
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    At least on Sky they've got their own space on the EPG apart from other channels,not like Freeview where they're mixed in with entertainment ones.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No .....
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you Paul Akinbola?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Are you Paul Akinbola?

Now there's a name from the banned lists .... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What for? Sky should concentrate their efforts on improving experience for their subscribers, this wouldn't.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Now there's a name from the banned lists .... :D

Even if the OP isn't, it's still a Akinbola kind of post! :D