Coming Soon To A Prison Near You .....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling he'll be released in a few months and seek asylum here?

It's a "feeling". Nothing more. Just vacous speculative conjecture.
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    You said said it was 'too cushy'

are you withdrawing that? having said you have no knowledge or interest in the subject?

it seems odd to offer an opinion a subject at the same time as saying you have no knowledge or interest in it.

No, I'm not withdrawing what I say or think, I didn't say I wasn't interested I said I don't care, as in I don't give a flying one how much criminals suffer.. But I know many people that have been in prison, and work with two chaps, one done a stretch for manslaughter and both of these men say it was a doddle..
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick1966 wrote: »
    I wasn't looking for your pity, sacrcasim or ill informed opinions.

Visting prison and being an inmate in prison is a miserable experience. Just as it should be.

I didn't realise I'd offered an opinion, informed or otherwise.

I've no idea just how cushy or harsh prison life is in reality.
    So long as it's harsh/miserable enough for people to dread ever going there I'm inclined to say job done.

Prison needs to be regarded as a sentence rather than an inconvenience.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Have you ever been inside a British prison ? They are miserable beauracratic places with bored inmates and bored staff. Contact with family and visitors in overpriced and arranging visits is tedious.

That's kind of the whole point isn't it? Nobody said doing bird should be a nice experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    So long as it's harsh/miserable enough for people to dread ever going

For many, it is.

May explain why around 99.5% of the UK population are not in prison. Because I reckon most of us dread going to a prison. And I should know. I've been in around 6 of them across England.

rusty123 wrote: »
    Prison needs to be regarded as a sentence rather than an inconvenience.

It is.

Remember the old maxim "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Nobody said doing bird should be a nice experience.

Have a word with Phil Owens who decribed prison life as 'cushy'. See post #2.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Have a word with Phil Owens who decribed prison life as 'cushy'. See post #2.

Yes, I see the context of your response. Apologies.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amusingly Taylor's defence argued he should serve his sentence in Rwanda so he'd be in a warmer climate, it would be easier for his relatives to visit him and he'd like the food better.