Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Just seen the River Island ad where the man and woman strip off after the bloke leers at her.
    WHY? :confused:

I wondered that too - yet its no longer summer! :o
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you mean

I'M BARRY SCOTT!!! :p

Perhaps they should replace "Barry Scott" with Jim Howick from Horrible Histories?

"HI! I'M SHOUTY MAN!"

My current votes:

1. Smiley Smiley Carol "No other work" Smilie flogging dishwasher tablets.

2. Carphone Warehouse extoling the virtues of being a tight git with a sub-Jake Thackeray vocal. Especially the pillock nicking the pint off the tray.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not an ad as such but a promo for the BBC's iWonder service.

I like Frank Skinner but can't help but shudder with embarrassment for him when he's sprawled on a sofa and says something along the line 'actually, can we leave it there, I'd like to look at more of this'

Sounds so false.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An ad for GAP, well all gap ads, where 4 people are in the car and ones asleep on the back seat i think but the other one is completely soaked and proceeds to strip throwing her jeans at the two in the front seat.

Why is she drenched? And the way she goes about taking her clothes off its like she's one of those really annoying people you know who does whatever they want and acts like they don't care but you know inside they are screaming with delight at the attention they think they are getting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My personal vote is for the annoying Cash Generator advert, with its CG IT going on in the background all the way through... Stop advertising such an awful company that prays on people with no money
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Homepride ad with Fred the flour grader, especially creepy when the husband discovers Fred in the bathroom where his wife is taking a bath!
  • Options
    YorkshireFanYorkshireFan Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    The new Iceland ad with Peter Andre is terrible...an all time low in the frozen food aisles:o>:(
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The new Iceland ad with Peter Andre is terrible...an all time low in the frozen food aisles:o>:(

Anything with Peter Andre on it is an instant negative with me! How this talentless **** managed to worm his way into so many shows and adverts is beyond me.
  • Options
    milkybarnickmilkybarnick Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've taken a dislike to the Virgin Trains advert where all the passengers get off the train a bit slowly and a bit smugly.
  • Options
    trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Brilliant camera work though. I don't think he's capable of even rudimentary acting, so they really must capture the moment he discovers that a bag of frozen peas is 89p.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've taken a dislike to the Virgin Trains advert where all the passengers get off the train a bit slowly and a bit smugly.

Yes it's terrible, and long winded as well.

Iceland adverts......they must have decided that Peter Andre was better than the Iceland lovey dovey couple they had on a while back.
    I'm fed up with him on TV. When he came out of the jungle, he had an aftershave out called Insania, after a couple of months it appeared in our local large discount store (TJs) for 50p a large bottle :D
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    The Hive advert is back!!!
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    The fly be ad where the dad jumps on a plane to chase after his child with a forgotten rabbit.
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I dont get the flybe one, they have just pulled off, all he has to do is jump back in his car and follow the coach until the stop for a break?

My thoughts exactly! Or just zoom after it and beep your horn at it. His daughter will see him as she's sat at the back, and she'll call out to the driver. At most, the coach would get as far as a backed-up junction, Dad gets out and runs up to the door.

But the other thing I think is that the other girls are saying at the end, "You still have a toy rabbit? BWAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAA!!!"

And she's swearing under her breath.
    Not an ad as such but a promo for the BBC's iWonder service.

I like Frank Skinner but can't help but shudder with embarrassment for him when he's sprawled on a sofa and says something along the line 'actually, can we leave it there, I'd like to look at more of this'

Sounds so false.

Especially when you see it a million times :(
    That blasted advert for a holiday with a teddy bear and the words of a song being spoken instead of sung. I've seen it three times this evening, already hitting the mute button as that annoying voice starts.

Any advert with a cover version.
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    The Hive advert is back!!!

Oh god, I heard this too. The song is even stupider but this time, completely mismatched and awkward sounding. Stupid, stupid advert for a stupid company.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Barclays Lifeskills advert with the woman patronising us to know where to look during an interview, is so annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That annoying coffee advert where the girlfriend is so oblivious to her other half faking going to the shop...am sorry but for one she'd have heard the spoon drop and also surely the coffee would have cooled by the the she got it from the shop?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Barclays Lifeskills advert with the woman patronising us to know where to look during an interview, is so annoying.

Freaked me out the first time I seen that...was like why she going mad at me? Lol
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Just seen a godawful advert with a rapping elderly woman for McIntosh Macaroni Cheese. Think it's only on in Scotland , so hopefully most of you are spared.
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it Mr Tom? (whatever that is), where the woman says the park keeper has insulted her, the old chap says he'll look after her monkey, then a man dressed as a monkey comes running up. Is it supposed to be funny?
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the Brighthouse advert on Channel 5. "Get a PS4 for £10 a week."
    Out of curiosity I looked to see how much that was in total. £1,300!! :o

Also, £1,508 for an Xbox One :o

APR is 94.7%! How are these CON ARTISTS allowed to operate?!
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    "Is it true people can tell when you are menstruating?"

Surely the Bodyform advert is the worst one yet!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just saw the Brighthouse advert on Channel 5. "Get a PS4 for £10 a week."
    Out of curiosity I looked to see how much that was in total. £1,300!! :o

Also, £1,508 for an Xbox One :o

APR is 94.7%! How are these CON ARTISTS allowed to operate?!
    Why do stupid people use them?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    32 Red gambling potatoes is back.

More ad companies seem to be recycling ads.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catboy71 wrote: »
    Just seen a godawful advert with a rapping elderly woman for McIntosh Macaroni Cheese. Think it's only on in Scotland , so hopefully most of you are spared.

I caught that ad on STV+1 I wondered wtf it was - thought it was another irn-bru ad ..... why do some scottish ads have to look embarrassing! :o
  • Options
    jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Oh lordy, that reminds me of a bank advert (RBS I think, can't remember exactly) where the horribly common voiceover girl advised you could get help "if your card is lost or shtolen.".

I hate that, as in shtreet instead of street, free instead of three, arxst instead of ask >:(
This discussion has been closed.