Corrie Anouncements

MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I the only one that think Corrie announces a lot of their upcoming sls waaaaaay early. I mean take the Tina SL. They announced it like a year an a bit early. Took forever to get clobbered by Rob. And also this Faye preggers SL was announced way back but still hasn't started :confused:

Comments

• ReisOreillyReisOreilly Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Lol yeah when you think they did say about tina so early your right

I'm not sure if they are doing Faye being preggers any more
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all just so amateur. Announcing plots months in advance is a terrible idea, no one gives a crap by the time it actually airs. Then again, with the state of the plots anyway, no one gives a crap anyway no matter when they are announced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping they've thought better of the Faye's pregnancy story line.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ridiculous, I agree! They also reveal way too many things! There's no shocks!
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    It's all just so amateur. Announcing plots months in advance is a terrible idea, no one gives a crap by the time it actually airs. Then again, with the state of the plots anyway, no one gives a crap anyway no matter when they are announced.

So your saying lucy murder storyline in eastenders is a terrible idea :o
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately think the Faye stuff is still happening, actually thought it wouldve been announced on Christmas day, but not the breaking of her Headphones was much more interesting, i guess^_^^_^
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it matter? Once it's announced I hardly give it a second thought until it airs. It's not like they spend all those months going on about it. The majority of viewers aren't on forums and won't have known about Tina's death until just before it happened.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, they spoil it by revealing it too early, the one thing that Corrie lacks is shock and surprises once and awhile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So your saying lucy murder storyline in eastenders is a terrible idea :o

No, I made no mention of the Lucy storyline or Eastenders :confused: But anyway, that was announced in late February '14 and she died mid-April '14. Contrast that to CS announcing that Tina was leaving in April '13, that she would be murdered in October '13, and her death in June '14.

It's such a pedestrian and boring way to approach running a soap.
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I made no mention of the Lucy storyline or Eastenders :confused: But anyway, that was announced in late February '14 and she died mid-April '14. Contrast that to CS announcing that Tina was leaving in April '13, that she would be murdered in October '13, and her death in June '14.

It's such a pedestrian and boring way to approach running a soap.

Doest matter what soap it is really. Lucys storyline has been Going on for the same amount of time. They both got announced at same time too. Lucys storyline is still going on also!
  • Hollyoaks_Fan2Hollyoaks_Fan2 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    They announce them a year early and then nobody cares when they do them maybe they should surprise people like Eastenders would maybe get people watching again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doest matter what soap it is really. Lucys storyline has been Going on for the same amount of time. They both got announced at same time too. Lucys storyline is still going on also!

But no one was talking about how long the storyline goes on :confused: I was discussing the gap between when stories are first announced and when they actually happen. IMO the Tina SL, amongst most others in CS, was announced way too early to be interesting once it aired. I have no idea why EE or the Lucy SL have been dragged into this :confused:
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    MutantX wrote: »
    Am I the only one that think Corrie announces a lot of their upcoming sls waaaaaay early. I mean take the Tina SL. They announced it like a year an a bit early. Took forever to get clobbered by Rob. And also this Faye preggers SL was announced way back but still hasn't started :confused:

I would prefer not to know when an actor is leaving a soap because I immediately loose all interest in their character once I know they are going.

I just wonder why do all soaps give spoilers?.....it would be amazing to get an unexpected shock when watching an episode of a soap.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I would prefer not to know when an actor is leaving a soap because I immediately loose all interest in their character once I know they are going.

I just wonder why do all soaps give spoilers?.....it would be amazing to get an unexpected shock when watching an episode of a soap.

I'm a bit like this - I haven't really been able to take the Kylie and David storyline seriously as all the time I keep thinking "this wouldn't it be happening if it wasn't for maternity leave"!

I wonder why they feel the need to release storylines so far in advance? I suppose with 24/7 media they are so scared of a leak that they'd rather issue their own spoilers to retain some sort of control. But I do think they could give a little less detail!
  • AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Time they reduced the spoiler outing they do.
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But no one was talking about how long the storyline goes on :confused: I was discussing the gap between when stories are first announced and when they actually happen. IMO the Tina SL, amongst most others in CS, was announced way too early to be interesting once it aired. I have no idea why EE or the Lucy SL have been dragged into this :confused:

Got to agree with J-B here. This thread is about Corrie storylines, not EE storylines.:p

Regarding the gap between announcement and actual screening, I wonder if they do that to gauge public opinion and if it's not favourable, they have given themselves enough time to change it? (At least that is what I'm hoping for with Faye's pregnancy storyline.:D)
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree..we know too much beforehand. I became aware of this when I started to watch EE and ED. Each time I watch these two other soaps I get surprised/shocks. I know almost exactly what's going to happen in CS.
    Mind you I don't care any more about CS
    It's gone to the dogs
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Faye's pregnancy is a secret one. It won't be revealed on screen until she has the baby.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt Corrie announce they were bringing in a disabled character some time ago? Unless they count Callum with his inability to act.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I do remember a time when Corrie staff were sacked for releasing s/l details!! That whole Tina/Rob/ Peter thing, barring the final details we knew the whole plot before it even aired!!
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    Faye's pregnancy is a secret one. It won't be revealed on screen until she has the baby.

....trouble with this is every time she twitches her face or frowns I will think she is starting to have labour pains :p:D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately think the Faye stuff is still happening, actually thought it wouldve been announced on Christmas day, but not the breaking of her Headphones was much more interesting, i guess^_^^_^
    :):):)
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faye is one of the most annoying kids in soapland so giving her a major story can only bring joy.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Didnt Corrie announce they were bringing in a disabled character some time ago? Unless they count Callum with his inability to act.

LOL
    That's a relation of Tim called Howie.
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they do announce stuff pretty early especially when compared with Emmerdale. Iike they announced Sarah's return in October but she won't show up until spring where as Aaron's return was announced in April and he was back by August.

I know Days of Our Lives shoots 6 months in advance so they often announce cast changes and stories months ahead of schedule too, maybe Corrie has a similar production schedule, which would explain this issue.