Cilia should be done under the Trade Descriptions Act!

Comments

• wannabegothchavwannabegothchav Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhhh youre more than welcome!!!!!!
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    FFS there is nothing wrong with her voice.
    You are a spokesman for the RNID and I claim my £5.00. :D
    Listen to Anyone who had a Heart, When she runs out of range its like a trepanning with a Black & Decker.
    (I would have posted a Youtube link but for some reason all the comments have been disabled on most of her songs) :eek:
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    cilla's singing's so bad she makes cher lloyd sound almost ok:D
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    My uncle used to describe her voice as being like a cat p*ssing bleach

Lol post of the day :D
  • John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always reminds me of when she was in pantomime and she said to the audience when she cornered the villan "what shall I do now boys & girls" a kid down the front shouted "sing to him and make him suffer" :D
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Is it just me that prefers Dusty Springfield's version of Anyone who had a heart?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexy_86 wrote: »
    A singer???

Really?

I've heard better drunks at karaoke!

Cilla Black can't sing? :eek: You'll be telling me the sky is blue next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Cilla Black can't sing? :eek: You'll be telling me the sky is blue next.

Of course it's a known fact but witnessing the horror of her screeching like a stabbed dog on The Paul Ogrady show, triggered this thread.

Her voice is absolutely abysmal! :eek:
  • barkleybarkley Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Cilia should be done under the Trade Descriptions Act!

Who is Cilia.
  • kpmfankpmfan Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    barkley wrote: »
    Who is Cilia.

Cilia are small hair-like structures found in the human body, responsible for among other things protection from germs getting into the lungs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Cilia.

Who or what is Cilia?

.....clearly a mis-type and yet every other person on this thread knew who I was talking about. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kpmfan wrote: »
    Cilia are small hair-like structures found in the human body, responsible for among other things protection from germs getting into the lungs.

Snap!
  • barkleybarkley Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    kpmfan wrote: »

:D Jolly good.
  • kpmfankpmfan Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    :D Jolly good.

...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it's a known fact but witnessing the horror of her screeching like a stabbed dog on The Paul Ogrady show, triggered this thread.

Her voice is absolutely abysmal! :eek:

I'm surprised Cilla dared to appear on the same show as Bette Midler. I don't know whether it's just that Bette's never sounded so good, or that her performance was enhanced by it's drastic improvement over Cilla's caterwauling.

Hmm...maybe Bette should hire Cilla as opening act for the tour. ;)
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cillia's done well out of her caterwailing though hasnt she :D
    I mean, lots of folk go on about Cheryl not being able to sing and that its her looks that have helped her succeed, but in Cillas case she wasnt even pretty....just the opposite in fact. Lots of girls copied her hairstyle though. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Funny this should crop up. On xmas day I was talking to someone that worked at the LWT studios a while ago. She said that before Cilla went on she would practice in one of the offices. One by one all the doors that were on the same level as her would slam shut.:D
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla is renowned for being obnoxious, rude and fake.

I once saw her on a TV programme talking about the leading female vocalists of the sixties and Cilla compared herself to Dusty Springfield! :confused:
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me that prefers Dusty Springfield's version of Anyone who had a heart?

No it's not :)

In fact I would prefer Dusty Bin's version of anything Cilla has ever done
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    To be fair
    Cilla has (or had) two styles of singing,
    One was the foghorn (the Love of the Loved) and the other was softer (For No One) and generally accepted as a better singing voice.

Maybe the reason she is so vicious is that she has had to fight to keep her career because she knows she is not the best in the world but traded on the Epstein connection for all it was worth, Handy that he died so young
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My uncle used to describe her voice as being like a cat p*ssing bleach

That is sooooooooo funny!! :D:D:D

She is a terrible singer, although I'll agree with the poster who said she wasn't half bad when she started out. I really like You're My World, but now, put a sock in it love. I also used to really like her when she did the Blind Date thing, but since I've seen her on chat shows, I've gone right off her. She's full of her own self-importance and will hardly let anyone else get a word in. When she does, it doesn't last long before she turns the conversation back round to herself. Ugh!
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is a terrible singer, although I'll agree with the poster who said she wasn't half bad when she started out. I really like You're My World, but now, put a sock in it love. I also used to really like her when she did the Blind Date thing, but since I've seen her on chat shows, I've gone right off her. She's full of her own self-importance and will hardly let anyone else get a word in. When she does, it doesn't last long before she turns the conversation back round to herself. Ugh!

And she thinks her skinny, no shape pins are fantastic. :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :D:D
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    to be fair she has got an ok figure but i laughed out loud when she was wheeled out a couple of years ago - again for a paul o'grady show (she must have something on him), where she was dressed up in a leotard with a bunny tail.

omg i cringed for her. i think she traded a lot of sympathy off losing 'her bobby' she's as bad as gloria hunniford for going on and on about it.

just to say the cat pissing bleach has cracked me up:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No! I prefer Dusty's version by a mile. Different class.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

Cilla's favourite phrase.........

"Oh, enough about me, what did you think of my performance?"

:D:D:D

She got on because she truly believes she can sing as good as Dusty Springfield. And her belief in her ability is so strong that eventually other people believed her too.

That's a heck of a sales technique.