Stella (sky One)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    im trying to find the houses on google maps just having a look but i cant find als hoiuse lol
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wmsheep wrote: »

BIB is good news........ I didn't know he'd been ill.....

:cool:
  • WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Frood wrote: »
    BIB is good news........ I didn't know he'd been ill.....

:cool:

As someone who grew up in Taffs Well (hereafter referred to as Ffynnon Taf), I wish I had a quid for every time I heard that comment - it just gets funnier every time!!!

NOT!!!!!
  • kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Double bill tonight! Did Suni sleep with that girl?
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene in the coffin was hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Marvellous double episode. Real laugh out loud moments.
    Great series..roll on christmas special:)
    Forum Member
    smude wrote: »
    The scene in the coffin was hilarious.

Yeah, tho I also thought that the multi-lingual arguement in the shop was well done, and very funny too!!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    Marvellous double episode. Real laugh out loud moments.
    Great series..roll on christmas special:)

Oh great theres a xmas special :) loved tonights episodes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit indifferent to him at the start, but now :o

i was the same, at the start he was just a boy but not anymore :o
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great series.Loved it.

So glad Daddy is not dead.His character is unique.Brilliant banter when he was translating welsh and punjabi.

Hope that's not the end of Sean but fear it might be.What are you thinking of Stella?

So pleased there will be a 3rd series next year.
  • Maysie07Maysie07 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved the double finale.

For a comfortable dramedy I also find it very surprising. The way the Suni/Emma story played out was particularly sad as I really wanted them to be it and I thought that Stella/Sean would be it.

I don't really know how Stella/Rob are going to progress in the third series, he can't just keep going to and throw from Canada.

The Daddy ending was hilarious but the endings to the stories were certainly sadder this series. Very few characters seemed to get a happy ending this time!!!
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really going to miss Stella, I thought the first series was good, but this one was even better.

I was really annoyed about the Stella/Rob storyline initially but as this series progressed, I warmed to him and wanted her to end up with him.

It was never going to work with Sean.

I hope the Christmas special sees Rob flying back from Canada to live in Pontybery.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved both of last night's episodes, slightly panicked at the thought of waiting until next year for a new series though... what will I do with my Friday nights now? :o
  • Allan_MorseAllan_Morse Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    My wife started crying when Daddy 'died',brilliant episodes. I hope Big Al's ex gets what's coming to her,evil woman !
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadie21 wrote: »
    Hi,

Dose anyone know where the shop is?? amd where Big Alans house is been trying to google map all the houses i am a Stella fan and these i cant find or Paulass house lol x x x

Really enjoyed the double bill finale, nice twist with Daddy's funeral.

I know the funeral home is filmed at a shop called Pleasant Surroundings in Llanbradach (Ffrwd Terrace) near Caerphilly as i used to live in "The Brad" (as it's known) and used to watch them filming, the'y shut the road to cars and filming was usually on a Sunday afternoon.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wmsheep wrote: »
    Yeah, tho I also thought that the multi-lingual arguement in the shop was well done, and very funny too!!

Totally brilliant final episode, I laughed and boy did I cry!!!! Hate Xmas but this will be one xmas special that will take away the missery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    any 1 kno where big alans house is xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Loved it. Music at the end was so poignant too - Amy Macdonald fitted in so well. Roll on Christmas
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very enjoyable but I am tiring of it already a little.

I think Mount Pleasant is far more entertaining
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    sadie21 wrote: »
    any 1 kno where big alans house is xxx

If they knew they would of answered one of the 4 times you asked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very enjoyable but I am tiring of it already a little.

I think Mount Pleasant is far more entertaining

I dont think Stella was as good as its first series, Mount Pleasant I love that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched stella behind the scenes, thought it was great nice to see they all have so much fun recording it, lots of laughs :D think i,ll watch series 1 again
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I'm really going to miss Stella, I thought the first series was good, but this one was even better.

I was really annoyed about the Stella/Rob storyline initially but as this series progressed, I warmed to him and wanted her to end up with him.

It was never going to work with Sean.

I hope the Christmas special sees Rob flying back from Canada to live in Pontybery.

I can't see him moving permanently back to the UK and that would be too neat! I guess Ruth will want to use that link in further series, so it'll be an on again off again situation.
    curvybabes wrote: »
    just watched stella behind the scenes, thought it was great nice to see they all have so much fun recording it, lots of laughs :D think i,ll watch series 1 again

Behind the Scenes was lovely - they really seem to have a lot of fun filming. I think the series has developed brilliantly from small beginnings, and am really looking forward to the next one.
  • AZ fanAZ fan Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode of the new series is now available on demand on Sky. I won't spoil it for those who are yet to watch it other than saying that Emma is still gorgeous and Daddy is still brilliant! It will be broadcast normally on 10 January.

Edit: And well done to Ruth for her MBE :)
    Forum Member
    AZ fan wrote: »
    The first episode of the new series is now available on demand on Sky. I won't spoil it for those who are yet to watch it other than saying that Emma is still gorgeous and Daddy is still brilliant! It will be broadcast normally on 10 January.

Edit: And well done to Ruth for her MBE :)

Tidy!!!