[Game] The Twist Factor 3: The Grand Final

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Ladies and gentlemen, it is my absolute pleasure to welcome you to the final episode of The Twist Factor 3, the long-awaited Grand Final.

Over the past few months, four mentors and their acts took each other on week in week out in a bid to win over the DS public, having to deal with a lot of twists and turns along the way. Four of them eventually succeeded, while twelve did not. Special mention goes to Janet Devlin and Restless Road, who where the two unfortunate acts to be voted off just short of the final by the public.

Tonight, it's the Grand Final. This is it folks, this is the show that will ultimately decide who will take the crown this series. Will it remain in the hands of Kevin, who has not one but two shots at defending what has been his for two series running? Maybe Paul will grab it this series after coming so close last time, or perhaps even Pingu? Well, just keep following this thread and you'll find out eventually. Speaking of finding out, there will be a whole lot of post-show extras such as the voting stat reveal, don't miss out on those either!

With that out of the way, please welcome your Twist Factor judges and the four finalists:

pjh8 and the last of the boys
Marcus Canty

daniel_farrelly who has no girls remaining

pingu58011 and the last of the groups
Girlband

unclekevo and the over 25s
Kristine Mirelle
Mary Byrne

We're 5 minutes late, I hope that's not going to get us into trouble later tonight. Anyway, judges, please confirm your presence.

Comments

• pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here. :D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be cheering on as a viewer, come on Girlband and Kristine. :D
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »

Yayyyyyyyy. :D
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have Daniel's comments, and with Kev hopefully showing up later, I think we're good to go.

The first part of tonight's final is the Blast From The Past theme. Instead of the boring celebrity duets everyone's seen a thousand times over, the finalists will be duetting with acts their mentor has worked with in the past. Expect to see some familiar faces here.

Kicking off tonight's Grand Final, it's Kristine Mirelle duetting with an act mostly known for the group she's in. It's Jade Thirlwall from Little Mix, who Kevin mentored ages ago on DS: The Mix Up, one of my very first games.

Ask Yourself by Nabiha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjrAaHYhtoY
    Kristine: I can see that you're hurting right now
    And no words can take away the blazing pain
    Jade: I know you lost the one you thought was the one
    But don't bruise yourself and take all the blame

Both: So you loved ,you lost, you're broken
    Don't you know this one was out of your hands?

Kristine: Did you fight the pouring rain?
    Jade: Just ask yourself
    Giving more than everything
    Kristine: Just ask yourself
    Did you love with arms open
    Jade: Then you did well
    Both: So go easy on yourself
    Go easy on yourself

Kristine: You took the break up
    And why it went so wrong
    Jade: On your shoulders, unbearable
    Hey you were never meant to carry it on your own
    Both: Like you were
    The only one

So you loved you lost, you're broken
    don't you know this one was out of your hands?

Jade: Did you fight the pouring rain?
    Did you love with arms open
    Kristine: Then you did well
    Both: So go easy on yourself
    Go easy on yourself

Kristine: Did you face your deepest fears
    Jade: Give it all or nothing less
    Kristine: Smile through every tear
    Both: And did you love with every breath

Jade: Did you fight the pouring rain?
    Both: Did you love with arms open
    Then you did well
    So go easy on yourself
    Go easy on yourself
    Forum Member
    First off, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's my Jade :D However, that is the only positive I have really about the performance I'm afraid. I just don't think it suited either of you at all. It was far too soulful and sounded like it would be suited for the likes of Alexandra Burke maybe. I just don't think it was good for you two at all. It pains me to say this as I do love you both but that was a big let down. I think you need to bring it back with your 2nd song, Kristine!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »

Have you abandoned Marcus? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristine and Jade

I loved that. Thank you Jade for performing. That was one if your bests to date, and I think you are a threat to the other 3 finalists. Good luck!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls I'm not really sure if I was feeling that. Kristine this was actually quite well suited to you. It was well acquitted to that jazzy rnb side you have and the style of the song was right as it allowed you to belt out those high notes but also had that edgy feel to it.However I'm a bit baffled about who you're matched up with as for me,I see no resemblance to this artist and Jade. Jade has more of a sweet pop vocal and I couldn't see or hear her in any of the song.So even though this suited you pretty well Kristine,overall the collaboration didn't work for me. Sorry girls but I expected better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the best comments to start off with for Kristine; could this be the end for one of the competition's frontrunners?

Hoping for better comments, it's Girlband duetting with another act Pingu really loved to mentor. Hailing from Denmark, it's The Mix Factor 5's third-placer Stephanie Ravn!

Disorder by Owlle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FjJUmisZI
    Stephanie: So Tired
    Steep In The Dark
    You've Shown me the way
    And I Came
    Your words are
    Whispers In The Night
    Lead Me Away
    And I Came

Stephanie: You put my broken bones
    In a safe place
    my broken bones
    sleep with you
    my broken bones
    In a safe place
    my broken bones
    sleep with you

Phoebe: Undecided
    Sleep In The Dark
    You've shown me again
    And I came

Phoebe:Your words are
    Whispers In The Night
    Lead Me The way
    And I Came

Girlband: You put my broken bones
    In a safe place
    my broken bones
    sleep with you
    my broken bones
    In a safe place
    my broken bones
    sleep with you

Stephanie: Disorder
    Disorder
    If I lose your trace
    In the night's dark maze
    If You
    You're not here

Tita; Disorder
    If I lose your trace
    In the night's dark maze
    If You
    You're not here

All: You've shown me the way
    I called your name
    You've shown me the way
    And I came
    You've shown me the way
    I called your name

(The big ooooooooooo note will be done by Stephanie)

All: Disorder
    Disorder
    Disorder
    Disorder
    Disorder
    Forum Member
    *Standing Ovation*

First off, thank you so much for coming back and performing with my girls, Stephanie. It felt so good to see you perform again and pick a song for you. (You were one of my favourites that I've ever mentored). Back onto the performance, wow. That was absolutely amazing. You both just fitted so well together. It had the dark and haunting vocals of Steph but it also mixed that with the quirkiness of you 4 girls. And yeah, it was just out of this world. The moment I found this song, I just knew it would be perfect for you all. Also, I think you girls kept up with Stephanie who is a powerhouse with her vocals. Just dreamy girls and you have made me so excited for your next song. Amazing!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girlband and Stephanie

That was AMAZING!!! I loved Stephanie on that game and Girlband shined aswell. Girlband, I loved you every week and tonight is no exception. You girls have a really good chance of winning. Good luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls firstly well done on making the final! I didn't get to comment last week but I thought your second performance was exceptional. I thought this was a good performance . It was quite dark,haunting and suited both artists. My only criticism was that it felt more like a solo performance and not a collaboration. It didn't exactly feel like I was watching a girl group and felt more like it was Pheobe or Stephane singing throughout on their own but it still did suit both girls so well done on an impressive choice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a flawless set of comments for Girlband either, but a good one nonetheless.

Can mister Marcus Canty impress with his duet featuring the fantastic Drew Ryniewicz, who incidentally stood right here on this very stage herself last series?

Somewhere by Eric Bellinger ft Victoria Monet
    http://youtu.be/pATwNMYnS-E
    Note: Drew's part starts at 0:30
    Forum Member
    Even though it was pretty generic, I did actually quite like this. It suited you just perfectly Marcus and it really felt like something you would perform. However, i have a little problem. I just don't think it was quirky enough for Drew. It had her young vocals but it was pretty plain and didn't feel like the quirky Drew that we all love. I could certainly see certain aspects of her voice but it wasn't perfect if you know what I mean. It wasn't bad but I hope you can improve with your next performance Marcus!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **Standing Ovation**
    Firstly I don't think it could be more fitting to have you duet with the act who was not only in your your series of The X Factor but also the act who I mentored last series and who reached the final. That was an absolutely beautiful performance from both of ye. There was so much emotion and chemistry. I think both artists suited ye both really well. Drew last series you were the runner up and I just hope Marcus can do one more better than you and win the show.Well done guys,I'm so proud of ye both!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus and Drew
    *Standing Ovation*

I didn't think Yous two would go well together, but yous did. That was flawless. I absolutely ADORED Drew on last years show and it was great to see you back. You surprised me tonight Marcus, and that was by far my Favorite performance from you. Good luck
    Forum Member
    Daniel seems to love whatever Drew does in any game. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some minor criticism from Pingu for Marcus, but I bet the standing ovations more than make up for that!

The final duet with be brought to us by the Mary Byrne we all love in collaboration with an ex-Mix Factor act from Germany: Melissa Heiduk.

My Love Took Me Down To The River To Silence Me by Little Green Cars
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmo9zGw1IX4
    Note: Melissa and Mary will split the verses and backing singers will provide harmonies.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will catch up properly in a mo but here are my comments so far

Kristine Mirelle and Jade: *standing ovation* Girls, I think Pingu and Paul are getting tactical, this was amazing, it suited both of you down to a tee in my opinion. Jade, you have a slightly sweeter tone whereas Kristine is all about her amazing bluesy voice but I think Nabiha has a bit of a combination of both and this really suited you girls. Kristine, you so need to be here in the next part.

Girlband and Stephanie: Good performance girls, Pingu was good with you Stephanie so when I opened the link I did expect it to be slightly more like your voice than it was but Girlband are the act he is mentoring and it suited them really well, overall a solid start

Marcus and Drew: This definitely suited Marcus much better than Drew, although at the end of the day even if Drew was a second thought, the focus is very much on Marcus to be honest. The song wasn't brilliant if I'm being honest, it felt a bit dull but I did enjoy it.overall and you really have improved over the course of the series.

Mary Byrne and Melissa Heiduk: *standing ovation* This was outstanding girls, I love this song so much and feel that it suits you both so well, it has that bluesy feel of Marys vocals and the edginess of Melissa and I loved how much your slightly differing styles really blended in this performance, vote for Mary.
    Forum Member
    I wasn't being tactical at all Kev :confused: I don't think it suited either of them well at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary and Melissa

That was very good for you Mary. You two went well together and it suited you both. You haven't been my favorite all series, but Mary, That was one of your best. Well done and good luck!
    Forum Member
    *Standing Ovation*

OH MY GOD!!!! Girls that was absolutely amazing. Melisaa thank you for coming and performing with this fabulous lady. There is only one word to describe that performance.....FLAWLESS!!! I really am speechless becvause it suited you both so well. Great close to the duets and what a blast from the past. I loved you in Mix Factor Melissa. Another performance like this Mary, and you will definitely be in the top 3!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **Standing Ovation**
    Mary I haven't always been your biggest fan in this competition but I had to give that a standing ovation. It was fantastic! It was extremely powerful and empowering and suited Melissa down to a tee and you really well. Both of ye sang wonderfully and even though I think Melissa stood out more, I still thought this was a great choice and for me, the best of the collaborations!! I ruled you out before tonight started but you could be a dark horse.Well done ladies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I wasn't being tactical at all Kev :confused: I don't think it suited either of them well at all.

Ditto.