Come Dine With Me

Comments

• suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello may I ask you CDWMers a question? My TV guide for this week and next says More4 is showing a new series of CDWM Abroad from South Africa at 650pm each day. I've seen Ireland and Australian versions which were good so was looking forward to it but it's not on my EPG for either week. Any idea why or when it's on? Thanks
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Hello may I ask you CDWMers a question? My TV guide for this week and next says More4 is showing a new series of CDWM Abroad from South Africa at 650pm each day. I've seen Ireland and Australian versions which were good so was looking forward to it but it's not on my EPG for either week. Any idea why or when it's on? Thanks

It was on last month for a couple of weeks. My Virgin EPG isn't showing it As on for the next couple of weeks at least, but if it comes up again, it's worth a watch I think - it's more like the early days of the UK version. Dave Lamb does the commentary.
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I caught a couple of episodes a week or two ago, and someone served some kind of insect grubs. Not the kind of meals you'd find served in UK's CDWM.
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The posh lady with the radioactive cat hasn't half got a bawdy laugh...
  • Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that numpty Stuart Baggs from The Apprentice is on.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please tell me I'm not alone in being aghast at the state of who is giving beauty advice and criticism pf that other lady's appearance :o The irony is unbelievable!

Back to the food, I honestly feel tonight's menu should have been the winner. Such a pity he didn't beat the old Londoner, although hers wasn't bad either. (Sorry, I am useless with names)
    Forum Member
    Seems like they are on their best behaviour because they thought everyone on the island would be watching and talking about it -

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/what-s-on/manx-entertainment-news/baggs-is-back-for-come-dine-with-me-1-6927538

I'm surprised however that filming took so long - it doesn't finished until 3.30 to 4 in morning. How can anyone still have the energy to go to the dinner next day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 chips! And all that watery sauce! that main course is such a let down and it should have been lovely ^_^
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Baggs said the sauce smelt like a badger's ass?! Err how would he know!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Baggs said the sauce smelt like a badger's ass?! Err how would he know!!

Maybe because he is one :D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it may have been a dig at Ruth Badger
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The orange lady's dress was epically horrid! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy is absolutely gawjus! :cool:
    Forum Member
    Peggy is absolutely gawjus! :cool:

Her husband is a genius being able to tempt her to come to a god-forsaken corner of England.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    Seems like they are on their best behaviour because they thought everyone on the island would be watching and talking about it -

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/what-s-on/manx-entertainment-news/baggs-is-back-for-come-dine-with-me-1-6927538

I'm surprised however that filming took so long - it doesn't finished until 3.30 to 4 in morning. How can anyone still have the energy to go to the dinner next day?

The reason I suspect it goes on until stupid o'clock is that when they are giving the scores in the back of the taxis, there are rarely any other cars on the road!
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    I don't really enjoy it when contestants are insular. There are other places outside your home town/county.
    Peggy is stunning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lovely Peggy's turn to host this evening.

Can't wait to see if she can cook as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    I don't really enjoy it when contestants are insular. There are other places outside your home town/county.
    Peggy is stunning.
    Me neither.

I'm from Lancashire myself, but I cringe a little every time Valerie reminds us yet again that she's "a Lancashire lass". Get over yourself, woman! :p
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Well deserved winner - and I was ready to ram Valerie's teeth down her throat for constantly harping on about Lancashire (and not knowing that Goosnargh is a village in the county she is so proud of - and apparently pretty local to her!)
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Peggy is stunning.
    Yes, the constant 'Lancashire' this, 'Lancashire' that grated after a while. They must realise that people in Lancashire have different personalities and different attitudes, just like people everywhere else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Rachel really deduct a point from the host for using the 'g-word', or was that a joke?!
    Forum Member
    Did Rachel really deduct a point from the host for using the 'g-word', or was that a joke?!

She gave a point lower than everyone else, so perhaps she (Ginger! Ginger! Ginger!) did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    She gave a point lower than everyone else, so perhaps she (Ginger! Ginger! Ginger!) did.
    Wow, such a control freak!
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit behind but 'Baggs the Brand' doesn't seem like nearly as much of a complete arse as he was on The Apprentice.

But by god he looks old :o

Poor sod :kitty:
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, such a control freak!

Her and the other ginger one were a nasty pair tonight...>:(.