Couple idents

SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
Forum Member
Anyone else want to see them add a bit more chutzpah to the couple idents at the start of each show? You know, the little segments where the celeb and pro do a sort of dance move and then pose but from a standing start.

I'd like to see those zhuzzhed up a bit next year and have them move a bit more - I know they're filmed prior to training but they could learn a little bit more movement across the floor surely - perhaps something that fits in with the celeb background as well? It was a bit cheesy I know, but I liked Tim and Natalie's for this reason because they included the high kick which is Tim's signature move at the end of Bargain Hunt.

Comments

• MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Anyone else want to see them add a bit more chutzpah to the couple idents at the start of each show? You know, the little segments where the celeb and pro do a sort of dance move and then pose but from a standing start.

I'd like to see those zhuzzhed up a bit next year and have them move a bit more - I know they're filmed prior to training but they could learn a little bit more movement across the floor surely - perhaps something that fits in with the celeb background as well? It was a bit cheesy I know, but I liked Tim and Natalie's for this reason because they included the high kick which is Tim's signature move at the end of Bargain Hunt.

Yes, some were incredibly forgettable. All I can remember is Tim & Natalie, Alison & Aljaž, and Scott & Joanne. The latter only because his mouth synched with the Ohh of the music.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Yes, some were incredibly forgettable. All I can remember is Tim & Natalie, Alison & Aljaž, and Scott & Joanne. The latter only because his mouth synched with the Ohh of the music.

I remember Iveta creeping up over Thom's shoulder because Monkseal mentioned it a few times :D
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,023
    Forum Member
    Perhaps not the same thing but the attempt by the presenters is really poor. Brucie was a dancer but Tess has always seemed like a complete novice. Can't remember if her and Claudia did it every week but whenever I saw it I was very unimpressed.

I know they're not there to dance but if we must be subjected ......... pick up a tip or two ;-)
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, the three Monaogg mentions were a bit witty at least, all too often they are just a bit naff...liven ' em up a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main problem is the time constraint.

Having to fit fifteen cameos into the opening credits only allows a couple of seconds for each.

We should mention Alison here - joking about her size by making it appear momentarily that she didn't have a partner, because we couldn't see Aljaz standing behind her :)

Oops - just spotted she'd already been mentioned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main problem is the time constraint.

Having to fit fifteen cameos into the opening credits only allows a couple of seconds for each.

We should mention Alison here - joking about her size by making it appear momentarily that she didn't have a partner, because we couldn't see Aljaz standing behind her :)

Oops - just spotted she'd already been mentioned.

I think they can do at least a short run of steps and do a finishing pose in the time it currently takes to cop a feel , pose and smirk ;)
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're fine how they are - let's not make changes for changes sake, we have to contend with enough as it is.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're fine how they are - let's not make changes for changes sake, we have to contend with enough as it is.

Agree there is limited time in the credits, if it ant broke don't change it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you mean dances and music and props, now that is pointless change. Well some of it is. Which makes changing the opening sequence to add interest seem quite sensible to me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Agree there is limited time in the credits, if it ant broke don't change it.

What has time to do with it, really? Time a cheesy grin and contrived pose and a proper dance move, bet they come out similar.