The Official 2015 Tour Discussion and review thread

StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
Forum Member
I haven't seen a threadlike this on here so I figured I'll start one. :)

This is where you can discuss anything about the tour and send in score reports from the show. :)

Comments

• ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to hear about the show. The only dances I know of that they're doing:

Alison and Aljaz - Cha Cha and Charleston
    Caroline and Tristan - American Smooth and Charleston
    Simon and Kristina - Argentine Tango and I think Salsa

Wish I knew which of Rachel and Vincent's dances were chosen for Rachel and Kevin. And even more, I wish I could go! Have fun everybody!!
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all the people going to the tour, have a brilliant time! I'm so excited to go, next month. :)
  • LiliaprincessLiliaprincess Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of trying to get a couple of last minute tickets but was horrified to hear Tom and Camilla are judges so I'll give it a miss. Otherwise looks a great line up.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of trying to get a couple of last minute tickets but was horrified to hear Tom and Camilla are judges so I'll give it a miss. Otherwise looks a great line up.

Aww what a shame. :(

I booked my tickets before I knew Tom and Camilla were judging but I don't mind Camilla.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with Tom and Camilla?
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    I can't wait to hear about the show. The only dances I know of that they're doing:

Alison and Aljaz - Cha Cha and Charleston
    Caroline and Tristan - American Smooth and Charleston
    Simon and Kristina - Argentine Tango and I think Salsa

Wish I knew which of Rachel and Vincent's dances were chosen for Rachel and Kevin. And even more, I wish I could go! Have fun everybody!!

I'm quite surprised Alison isn't doing her Wuthering Heights American smooth. She obviously loved it and I would have thought it would work well in an arena (minus the flying sofa) - I can't remember anything about her Charleston at all.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I loved Tom that year he won ! My one & only favourite to win till Caroline actually .... so I am thrilled to bits I get to see them both dance on tour as I didn't see the tour with Tom !
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope I'm right - I remember reading somewhere that Alison was doing her first and her last dances - but now I can't find the interview again. I think that's right.
    Forum Member
    Updated :

Alison & Aljaz : Cha cha & Charleston
    Caroline & Tristan : American Smooth & Charleston
    Rachel & Kevin :
    Scott & Joanne :
    Simon & Kristina : AT & Salsa
    Thom & Iveta : Charleston & ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott is doing the dance with the crab. I can't remember what the dance is called.
  • KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    from the first half
    Karen/Mark - Cha Cha
    Aljaz/Alison- Charleston
    Kristina/Simon - Salsa
    Jo/Scott - Foxtrot
    Kevin/Rachel - Tango - she is dancing dances she did with Vincent
    Iveta/Thom - Charleston
    Tristan/ Caroline - American Smooth

this is the dance order.
    I only have 2 scores from 1st half - Kristina and Simon 28, Tristan and Caroline 27 {3 x 9}

after the couples- there was a reprieve of the Remembrance Day Jive.
    2nd half opened with the Blackpool dance - I have a dream..
    Forum Member
    2nd dances
    karen/Mark - Foxtrot
    Aljaz/Alison - Cha Cha
    Kristina/Simon - Arg Tango ....scored 29
    Kevin/Rachel - Rumba
    Iveta/ Thom - Salsa
    Tristan/ Caroline - Charleston...scored 30
    Forum Member
    result in spoiler tag
    Simon and Kristina win
    Runners up- Caroline and Tristan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    result in spoiler tag
    Simon and Kristina win

Woohoooo! 😀 😀
    So glad that Simon and Kristina won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Pleased to se that Simon and Kristina have won this time.
    Forum Member
    Fantastic news KA...:D:D
    They sure deserve the win ..... :D:D

And thanks for the dance info ... bar Scott I think I will enjoy more or less everyone ... :D
    Really looking forward to the show ... :)
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Was there tonight but had to leave after Tom & Camilla's dance due to dodgy train scheduling... so thanks for that. :) Alison's son was in so I'm surprised she didn't have a shot.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the judges scores count - or is it all down to the audience vote?
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    Do the judges scores count - or is it all down to the audience vote?

Just audience.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just audience.

Good! Thanks.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    result in spoiler tag
    Simon and Kristina win
    Pleased for Simon and Kristina; also for Tristan but dislike Caroline. Hope Thom wins a good few but suspect S and K will reign supreme over-all. Also hope the running order is altered often as it's only fair.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JManrara/status/556173358514307073/photo/1
    Forum Member
    A few more musings that my lack of phone battery prevented: (spoilered in case people don't want to know much. It's hardly as if the show changes dramatically from night to night)
    It seems like they've tried to up the production value this year - the backing dancers are there for pretty much every number bar ones like Rachel's Rumba and Simon's AT, with some doing little dancing at all (Scott's Foxtrot had someone stood behind them dressed as Cousin Itt, whilst the Samba had the backing dancers running around with giant fish heads on. Those five years at Sylvia Young really paid off), the singers are now on stage with the dancers, often doing awkward little dance routines behind them, and the judges were a bit more technical with the absences of the other two - Camilla struggled to get her words out once or twice and Tom's become some strange mix of Len and Bruno by the looks of it, but it was enjoyable overall. Oh, and Karen tells everyone that her cat's been kidnapped.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just back from Birmingham (nightmare journey-its only when driving at night you realise just how many roadworks there are because they come to life after 10.00).

Good show-as bright and bouncy as ever. I suspect Simon will be winning quite a few -especially if they keep the running order the same. Tom and Camilla-I imagine fans are over the moon-both enthusiastically getting into the swing but some of the humour built around Len and Bruno is obviously lost. All the dancers did well in their various compartments and some nice set pieces and vocal performances.

Overall a good night out-but not the best show Iv seen personally.

EDIT-arena probably about 90-95% full iirc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Haven't posted on here for ages but have been visiting! Went to last nights show (didn't get in till 3!! Long way to travel!)
    Did miss the usual banter and humour from the judges this year without Len and Bruno. (Hope they're back next year) But did enjoy Tom and Camilla's show dance again. And great that Rachel managed to fill in for Frankie at short notice. Missed not having a 'professionals' only dance - celebs and professionals in all group dances.
    Have to agree with Chris1964 though - still a great night out but not the best I'v been to either. If this had been my first one I might have had a different opinion - can't help but compare to previous years.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Glad to see Simon and Kristina won! :D

I'm a Caroline fan but I'm glad he won! :D