The Official 2015 Tour Discussion and review thread

Comments

• Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased for Simon and Kristina :)

I can't remember - has there ever been a tour where everyone has had at least one win?
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin mentioned Rachel only having 6 days to learn 7 dances, so it makes sense that they have chosen the two dances she did on the 2009 Tour.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »

I can't remember - has there ever been a tour where everyone has had at least one win?

I might be wrong-but I think all dancers won at least once last year. They certainly try and encourage the audience to vote a similar way sometimes -particularly towards the end if someone hasn't won.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I might be wrong-but I think all dancers won at least once last year. They certainly try and encourage the audience to vote a similar way sometimes -particularly towards the end if someone hasn't won.

Thanks :) Now you mention it I think I do remember Deborah Meaden getting a win right at the end. It's nice for the cast if the wins are shared around a bit, but from reports it sounds like Simon and Kristina might be getting quite a few :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »

I think the runner up often wins most of the time on the tour. With Caroline dancing with a new partner and Frankie missing it is very likely Simon and Kristina will do well.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's matinee's results.
    Simon and Kristina have won, again. :).
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »

yes, last year, all the couples won at least one show
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Kevin mentioned Rachel only having 6 days to learn 7 dances, so it makes sense that they have chosen the two dances she did on the 2009 Tour.

Poor Rachel - bit of a struggle learning that lot ! Having to do that rumba and tango without Vincent just doesn't seem right - they were made for each other !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Rachel - bit of a struggle learning that lot ! Having to do that rumba and tango without Vincent just doesn't seem right - they were made for each other !

Rachel has done well to learn so much in a short time. Rachel and Vincent were not one of my favourites but I think it was because I was not a fan of Vincent. I think Rachel and Tristan were lovely together and I think she and Kevin will be good together too.She seems to like him so I am sure that partnership will work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poshtamfan wrote: »
    Rachel has done well to learn so much in a short time. Rachel and Vincent were not one of my favourites but I think it was because I was not a fan of Vincent. I think Rachel and Tristan were lovely together and I think she and Kevin will be good together too.She seems to like him so I am sure that partnership will work.

Rachel and Vincent were one of my all time favourite's on Strictly so I feel a bit unconvinced about Kevin - can't see him doing justice to Vincent's choreography due to the lack of chemistry between them for those particular dances. Kevin comes across as the geeky kid next door compared to Vincent, well I think so anyway !
  • Karen_RutherforKaren_Rutherfor Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I am going to Sheffield on 27th... front row seats and so excited.
    Anyone know if there what merchandise is on offer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel and Vincent were one of my all time favourite's on Strictly so I feel a bit unconvinced about Kevin - can't see him doing justice to Vincent's choreography due to the lack of chemistry between them for those particular dances. Kevin comes across as the geeky kid next door compared to Vincent, well I think so anyway !

Always interesting to hear another point of view. I really hope some videos of the routines appear on the net as the tour goes on so we can judge for ourselves. I do wonder who decided which dances Rachel did on the tour. With so little time to rehearse she may have been asked which dances she remembered best. Tristan would certainly have been a better partner for the rumba.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any score updates, please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Results of tonight's show.

Simon and Kristina have won for the 3rd time. :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always interesting to hear another point of view. I really hope some videos of the routines appear on the net as the tour goes on so we can judge for ourselves. I do wonder who decided which dances Rachel did on the tour. With so little time to rehearse she may have been asked which dances she remembered best. Tristan would certainly have been a better partner for the rumba.

Look at this from the 2009 tour and compare - was my favourite clip. They were so good together - even enjoying a kiss of friendship at the end. Great routine, great chemistry, and you have a winning combo - and it definitely was that tour !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUahMm_5lqQ
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy Simon and Kristina won for a third time went to see the matinee performance earlier on and loved his Argentine Tango and the audience reaction to him was amazing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    So happy Simon and Kristina won for a third time went to see the matinee performance earlier on and loved his Argentine Tango and the audience reaction to him was amazing

I'm so happy for Simon and Kristina. Their AT must be amazing to see live. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Caroline won. I'm going by Twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at this from the 2009 tour and compare - was my favourite clip. They were so good together - even enjoying a kiss of friendship at the end. Great routine, great chemistry, and you have a winning combo - and it definitely was that tour !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUahMm_5lqQ

Thank you for the clip. It also allowed me to look back at some of the other routines. Technically they were great together but something for me was missing. Their rumba was their best I think. Rachel looked as if she was really emotionally connected to the dance. However I always feel Vincent is acting the part rather than being the person in the story. Sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the clip. It also allowed me to look back at some of the other routines. Technically they were great together but something for me was missing. Their rumba was their best I think. Rachel looked as if she was really emotionally connected to the dance. However I always feel Vincent is acting the part rather than being the person in the story. Sorry.

Don't apologise, we all see things differently ! I loved the rumba - preferred the white dress one of the final to the original.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Don't apologise, we all see things differently ! I loved the rumba - preferred the white dress one of the final to the original.

BIB .... so true .... you see I didn't like the white rumba at all... seemed to have lost the oomph.... I absolutely loved the black rumba .... :)

Have to agree though ... I never took to Vincent ... for me there was something phony about him... but there were still a few endearing moments... not many... :p

Saying Simon will only win on tour cause Caroline & Kevin are not with their respective original partners would be a gross injustice to S & K IMO .... their AT was a showstopper... :)

Think the voting demographics on tour is completely different from the tv show ... for instance I can break my bank voting for my favourites week in week out on the show... but I have never voted on tour ... just never felt like it ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so glad Caroline and Tristan won. Not always easy to win when you are not with your usual partner. Well done Caroline and Tristan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad Caroline and Tristan won. Not always easy to win when you are not with your usual partner. Well done Caroline and Tristan!

Do you know who were the runners up, please?
  • dale gdale g Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Do you know who were the runners up, please?

Simon & Kristina were runner up. His argentine tango went down a storm, so much cheering and stamping for more. The audience loved it!

I went to tonights show, it was absolutely fantastic. So glad Caroline won, loved the charleston. They have added so much more to the tour this year, the backing dancers increase the celeb performances, the visuals and lighting. So good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dale g wrote: »
    Simon & Kristina were runner up. His argentine tango went down a storm, so much cheering and stamping for more. The audience loved it!

I went to tonights show, it was absolutely fantastic. So glad Caroline won, loved the charleston. They have added so much more to the tour this year, the backing dancers increase the celeb performances, the visuals and lighting. So good.

Thanks for the report. Glad that Simon and Kristina are doing well. :)

Congratulations to Caroline and Tristan.

It sounds like, a great show. I'm really looking forward to going. :)

What were the scores, please?