Prince Harry at the World Darts tonight

EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/549339/Prince-Harry-darts-royal-watches-World-Championship

Fair play to him for embracing the working man's game and he seems to be a genuine fan of the sport too : it's not the first time he's been seen at the World Championships,

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a royalist at all but I do have to love Harry.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Prince Harry's out and out refusal to conform to what is expected of him.

He probably drives his father and brother bonkers.

Keep it up Harry and blow a few more cobwebs away. :D
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince of Chavs.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Prince of Chavs.

What a great comment.

Do you have to be a chav to go to the Darts?
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to him, he was always the better Royal. The man doesn't give a f--k.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great comment.

Do you have to be a chav to go to the Darts?

Not necessarily for chavs but it has always been seen a sport for working class men and still is today. Fair play to Harry that he would go along to watch it as a genuine fan and not give two hoots about Royal protocol.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair unlike his brother Harry doesn't have any of the pressure of being in line for the throne,so has a lot more leeway with what he can do.
    It's not much different than when Charles had to be the sensible one while Andrew revelled in his Randy Andy nickname
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Not necessarily for chavs but it has always been seen a sport for working class men and still is today. Fair play to Harry that he would go along to watch it as a genuine fan and not give two hoots about Royal protocol.

I've no argument that it's traditionally a game for the working classes, although having been there is a good mix of people now. I object to someone describing Darts fans as chavs though.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally hate the whole royal thing and everything they stand for but you can't help liking Harry.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry seems the only down to earth royal he just goes about life and doesnt let his prince status affect him
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/549339/Prince-Harry-darts-royal-watches-World-Championship

Fair play to him for embracing the working man's game and he seems to be a genuine fan of the sport too : it's not the first time he's been seen at the World Championships,

Nothing new, he has been to the darts before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Nothing new, he has been to the darts before

Yes I know, but the fact he keeps going back shows he is a genuine fan of the game.
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I know, but the fact he keeps going back shows he is a genuine fan of the game.

Or just a facade to show that he's down wit da people.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    D_Peugeot wrote: »

Easier ways to do that, If you don't like darts then there is no way you would sit through it just to make it appear you are cool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think so. If he wanted to do that, he could start showing up at Premiership football matches....I get the impression he's going along to the darts as a fan and to savour the atmosphere.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He will never not be a royal.. it's just who he is. But I do think it's genuine when he does things like this. People who have spent time with him all seem to say the same thing about him being a down to earth normal type of bloke. If I could have a pint with any royal I'd pick Kate.. then him.
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. If he wanted to do that, he could start showing up at Premiership football matches....I get the impression he's going along to the darts as a fan and to savour the atmosphere.

I follow darts and have never seen him at any event other than the PDC World Championships Finals.

They have to be seen mixing with the proles so they continue to support their regime. ;-)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he got confused and thought he was going to sweet talk the ockey into riding one of the queen's horses.

Is the PDC the one where they win the speedboat and the mugs?
    Forum Member
    I follow darts and have never seen him at any event other than the PDC World Championships Finals.

They have to be seen mixing with the proles so they continue to support their regime. ;-)

And? Lots of people only go to the big events. The only ones i've ever been to are the Worlds and the Grand Slam.
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has become of the royals, the only arrows a man of the establishment should enjoy is ones that be fired into the chunky underbelly of a wild boar. What next for this royal embarrassment? A paternity test on the kyle of jeremy show.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has become of the royals, the only arrows a man of the establishment should enjoy is ones that be fired into the chunky underbelly of a wild boar. What next for this royal embarrassment? A paternity test on the kyle of jeremy show.

You have just made me slurp my coffee. >:(

:D:D
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well I heard that when Wills was at St Andrews he only associated with public school friends, although there are "normal" students who attend St Andrews. I think both Harry and Wills enjoy the horse hunting set and just would not know what to talk about to a normal guy. They attend the Hunting Balls all the time and all their friends are in the same social circle, rich, rich and rich!!! Perhaps roughing it for one night is their idea of fun.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He probably drives his father and brother bonkers.

I think Charles is much maligned and misunderstood and he is also very close to his sons. I don't think it's the frosty-cool relationship some onlookers assume. There's a wealth of Charles and sons banter out there.

Harry's grown up in an era of freedom Charles just didn't have. His marriage to Diana was practically an arrangement.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Well I heard that when Wills was at St Andrews he only associated with public school friends, although there are "normal" students who attend St Andrews. I think both Harry and Wills enjoy the horse hunting set and just would not know what to talk about to a normal guy. They attend the Hunting Balls all the time and all their friends are in the same social circle, rich, rich and rich!!! Perhaps roughing it for one night is their idea of fun.

Wills married an ordinary girl, admittedly one with a social upstart of a mother;-)