Options

Sky breaking news !

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A fire alarm alarm has gone off at Luton airport !

SERIOUSLY SKY !

Comments

• Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satman17 wrote: »

SERIOUSLY SKY !

This could end one of two ways, with either you or Sky looking foolish....
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky news? Seriously? I see you have started a separate thread about one of their reporters, too.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SERIOUSLY SKY !

I was at Luton expecting to fly to Greece last September - when the "alarm" went off, we were told it was a fire. It was actually a full-on security alert. As it goes the 'bomb' turned out to be a pair of hair straighteners but that was after about 4 hours and me missing my flight>:(

So maybe Sky now assume that a "fire" alarm might be a bit more serious?
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    To be fair, if there was an issue that would cause Luton airport to close that would ruin the plans of lots of people and is worthy of a mention. Especially as it would have a knock on effect on other connecting airports.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    To be fair, if there was an issue that would cause Luton airport to close that would ruin the plans of lots of people and is worthy of a mention. Especially as it would have a knock on effect on other connecting airports.

When it happened to me at least it was a lovely sunny, warm day - wouldn't fancy hanging around Luton carpark today:(
    And yes, the knock on effects of planes and staff not being where they're scheduled to be will be considerable.
  • Options
    andymcvandymcv Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Did they call for Inspector Sands??

:D:D
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky News lost its relevance years ago.

The channel used to be great around 2000 - it was fresh and vibrant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Breaking news is just news that's breaking as far as rolling news channels is concerned.

"Breaking News" used to signify something mega, as in "We interrupt this programme for breaking news..."
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the news channels are poor with breaking news. It can be very annoying when, e.g., you're watching a documentary or other feature (or you've recorded it).

Something like 9/11 I'd accept as breaking news. Mr. Cameron deciding he'll take part in election debates isn't. Yet the latter is the kind of thing they often use for breaking news.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Many of the news channels are poor with breaking news. It can be very annoying when, e.g., you're watching a documentary or other feature (or you've recorded it).

Something like 9/11 I'd accept as breaking news. Mr. Cameron deciding he'll take part in election debates isn't. Yet the latter is the kind of thing they often use for breaking news.

Very true. It's funny how the broadcasters decide what is important with breaking news. Very often I find myself switching off when they start going hey wire and banging on about issues when I consider they are hardly that great in the grand scheme of things.

I'd give an example if only I could think of one off the top of my head.
  • Options
    satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a News Flash years ago remember.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Angela Rippon bared her legs from behind the newsdesk I guess you mean? :p
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

News flash could be in reserve now for the really serious news events.
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andymcv wrote: »
    Did they call for Inspector Sands??

:D:D
    i was on leeds train station once when the inspector sands announcement came on,and nobody battered an eyelid ;)
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    i was on leeds train station once when the inspector sands announcement came on,and nobody battered an eyelid ;)

Having Googled that, I have learnt my fact for the day! :D