Options

Corrie at the moment is f-in dreadful!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    the Queen Vic wasn't demolished :rolleyes:

If my expeience is anything to go by the police investigation and the insurance loss adjusters would have closed the place for longer than it would have taken to rebuild the Houses of Parliament:D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been really boring this week IMO- the best characters in it are carla, peter, Leanne along with ken and deirdre but the focus has been on Tracey, becky and boring sunita, dev and bloody kylie

However I read today in soaplife that
    frank takes revenge on maria
    so that sounds good
  • Options
    HellandBackHellandBack Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    There are so many poor storylines on both at the min - the whole Graham/Xin (sorry if spelt wrong( thing is so unbelievable and whilst she is very pretty, she is a dreadful actress and the script is very poor.

EE too is not so good.

Must both be building up to exciting Easter plots (hopefully!) .....
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    There are so many poor storylines on both at the min - the whole Graham/Xin (sorry if spelt wrong( thing is so unbelievable and whilst she is very pretty, she is a dreadful actress and the script is very poor.

EE too is not so good.

Must both be building up to exciting Easter plots (hopefully!) .....

Whole Xin thing felt shoehorned when she first appeared, didn't feel like the character was developing into a fully rounded character, just something to drive a storyline.

Not sure if it's the actors, storyline or direction.
    Ches has done good work before, but this Katy business feels flat too.
    The reaction from Fizz or John if/when he returns is probably going to be the making of the storyline.
  • Options
    ross8503ross8503 Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    The storyline with Graham and Xin is really bad. It is so badly acted and written it brings down the whole show. I hope that they bring it to swift conclusion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ross8503 wrote: »
    The storyline with Graham and Xin is really bad. It is so badly acted and written it brings down the whole show. I hope that they bring it to swift conclusion.

Agreed and also anything to do with Tracey Luv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ross8503 wrote: »

You never know it could get better Cheryl was very flat and like a vacuum for ages until they gave her something to do with the Chris thieving business.

That's gone off the boil too, now I've been reminded of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot about the stupid Chesney & Katy SL
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that it's terrible, but it's going through a bit of a lull.

It's not dramatic, but it's still quite funny (apart from Xin)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    The Street has been rebuild pretty fast. In reality it would still be unliveable.

I thought that too but then I realised it's been a few months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    I forgot about the stupid Chesney & Katy SL

If only the writers would forget about that SL and try and develop them into a couple first it would be a help.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only the writers would forget about that SL and try and develop them into a couple first it would be a help.

Totally agree. I would have much rather if she had an ulterior motive like trying to avoid working/college or wanting a fast track to a counsel house. A bit of a schemer just like her dad...
  • Options
    CharmngJohnBoyCharmngJohnBoy Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Arhhh yawnnnn i am so loosing interest in this at the moment, the stories are poor and its so boring to watch, im even struggling to watch it on my second monitor whilst im doing other things, its just doijng my head in :yawn::yawn:

just to correct you didnt you mean to say ee at the moment is f-in dreadful! thought you might be gettin your north and south mixed up!:cool:
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need the stape back
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need the stape back

*teh Stape

As detailed here

by the way, he's back next week I think :D
  • Options
    PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Street has been rebuild pretty fast. In reality it would still be unliveable.

And all by Owen
  • Options
    elephantmanelephantman Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    just to correct you didnt you mean to say ee at the moment is f-in dreadful! thought you might be gettin your north and south mixed up!:cool:

no he meant Corrie - don't be so patronising
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,434
    Forum Member
    There was a time Corrie had the right to be miffed that EE was sweeping the boards - not anymore. Corrie really is dull at the moment. Not just dull, but characterisation you have absolutely no empathy for (Sophie, Sally, Kevin - I loved these characters but they've become tiresome and no matter what trauma is thrown at them, I've barely cared since the tram hit), or the dull or ridiculous plot (Tina and Graeme destroyed each other long ago, but throw in Xin and we have a nightmare).

I cannot wait for Todd's return. 27 minutes of Todd each night please. Hurrah.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad they've re-built the street in record time. Imagine how dull it would be to have a whole year of 'insurance claim storylines' and 're-building storylines'. So for once I'm more than happy at the super-fast timescale.

I agree that it's going through a lull at present but it was only a couple of weeks ago that we had the Peter/Leanne wedding debacle which was fabulous....and if John Stape is back next week then that's good enough for me. I love the JS story :D
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puddleduck wrote: »
    And all by Owen

and his construction company that everyone on here seems to forget about
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep...so boring atm.
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    I am not liking the current Xin storyline, as I hate storylines where characters are just brought in to give others something to do. If you can't find Tina a storyline, axe her?

I am really enjoying Brooke Vincent at the moment, actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

because god forbid anyone dares critiscise Corrie :rolleyes:
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t's pretty poor at the moment, the Xin SL is actually bad. I have no interest in Sophie ATM, or Dev & Sunita, Becky or Steve ( although Steve is normally one of my favourite characters)

For me, the only things worth watching are the salon & the Kabin. The salon gives us a great pairing of Aud & Claud and also ( never thought I would say it), David - who seems to get some good lines ATM. The Kabin gives us Rita & Norris, who are a good duo as well. But it isn't the storylines in the salon & Kabin that are interesting, it is the pairings & their banter.
  • Options
    BeeBoopBeeBoop Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you have stopped watching it last week when they brought Kylie back into it, becky was bad enough (used to love her but so sick of her now) and now we have to put up with kylie the david/kylie storyline and tina/graham is awful as well she used to work with her at the pound shop we've never seen or heard of her but shes happy to let an ex co worker borrow her b/f to marry him and move into their flat and help pay her rent? yeah right :rolleyes: wont be watching anymore