Options

Babies With Facebook Accounts

2»

Comments

• Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I closed down my FB account 4 years ago so of course I am biased..

There is something incredibly narcissistic about giving a pet or baby it's own FB account.

I love my nephews and my cat and think they are cuter than any other kids / cats BUT I don't feel the need to profess that to the world?
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not alone, my cousin made a Facebook profile for her dog :D:p

I have one canine and one feline friend on my facebook. And before anybody jumps to conclusions, I have actually met both of them in RL and they are not strangers. I'm not THAT sad /snooty smilie
  • Options
    Dusk1983Dusk1983 Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petit-pois wrote: »
    Personally, the only photo of my child I've ever put on Facebook was my 12 week scan photo.

See, everyone does this and I do not get it. Scan photos have to be the least distinctive things in the world. It could be anyone or anything.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't like kids on face-book, even though my grand kids are. child perverts are not far away..
  • Options
    temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::D:D
    paulbrock wrote: »
    actually after my initial reaction, I suppose it might make sense if you wanted to tag photos of your baby/pet and make it easy for (trusted) people to see more of them.

Statuses such as "I got a new rattle today...yay!"

and "John is feeding me the cheap cat food....meanie"

are a bit
    :eek:
    /|\

I rarely update his status but when I do its usually something along the lines of "is feeling rough after taking too much catnip over the weekend.. Time for a detox"
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A toddler needs a social profile as much as I do!
    I think some parents have too much spare time and overestimate how interesting their children's lives really are.