Options

A potential resource of celebs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
It's bound to happen some time, when the producers begin to run out of celebs, all the people who have been on Dancing On Ice. John Barrowman was on the first season of DOI, so perhaps having him on the SCD Christmas Special might indicate celebs will begin to cross over from DOI to SCD and vice versa. Would love to see how well Claire Buckfield can dance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Well Goldie`s done the lot.....from BB to SCD and everything in between.....I doubt there will ever be a shortage of celebs.....everyone need to pay the rent and if the most established of celebs(eg Felicity Kendal) need a bit of extra pocket money.....Then there must undoubtedly be a football stadium full of ex Holby/Corrie and Eastenders stars in need of a few extra quid.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    to be honest though i dont know about the celebs, i would do strictly come dancing for free. i would even pay to do it !. but getting the money is an added bonus...

i just think it would be an amazing experience, and if i ever do become famous one day i would for sure do it :D (oh listen to me haha)
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    It's bound to happen some time, when the producers begin to run out of celebs, all the people who have been on Dancing On Ice. John Barrowman was on the first season of DOI, so perhaps having him on the SCD Christmas Special might indicate celebs will begin to cross over from DOI to SCD and vice versa. Would love to see how well Claire Buckfield can dance.

Some people also probably did the wrong show - the tall girls on DOI who were too tall to be lifted into the more difficult lifts, and the people who could move and act but not skate, being two obvious cases.

There's also a lot of people who have done IAC who could do well on SCD.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemma Bissix also did a version of both, albeit a less high profile version than Barrowman.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    It's bound to happen some time, when the producers begin to run out of celebs,
    Except that celebs are being created all of the time. Soap stars, singers, actors, presenters, sports stars, socialites, .... they come and they go.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people also probably did the wrong show

Perhaps there is an opportunity for a Children in Need special with Strictly Come Dancing winners against Dancing On Ice winners? Only way that there could be cooperation between the two series.

Complication is that Children in Need comes in the middle of the Strictly Come Dancing series but there should be enough professionals eliminated by then.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Strictly would ever get to a point where it has to take celebrities at the level of this years Dancing On Ice. I know last year's (2009) was a poor bunch, but overall Strictly always seems to get a slightly higher standard of celebrity than the other reality shows.