Coach Trip Series 6 (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
Administrator
I was sorry to see Andrew & Leah go.......and so quickly too!

Wayne & Emma are so far up Hilary's backside.....they can almost touch Timmy's shoes :eek:

This thread is a continuation of: Coach Trip Series 6

Comments

• starry_eyedstarry_eyed Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    And now that there's a new thread, perhaps people can stop constantly dwelling on people's weight. Concentrate on their behaviours, not their looks! It only serves to make you look ignorant to constantly be mocking how people look.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I went on CT I wouldnt be allowed to do a lot of the activities because of my weight, but I look slimmer than hilary, But then I would probably do the same and sit out a lot of things
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ugh this series of coach trip is doing my head in! i don't think i like ANY coachies, and its the absolute worst people who've formed this 'alliance'. poor brendan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Sparkles wrote: »

Hilary said it was Andrew who asked about an alliance & said he wanted to join..& you know what, that makes perfect sense. Once he'd steered the conversation in the right direction it was easy to press record, missing out his starting comments in order to give the impression it was Hilary who approached him.
    He then played the recording at a time to gain maximum disruption.
    This was a set up, fully engineered from start to finish, & more than likely pre-planned long before they joined the coach.

Sparkles, I like your posts.

I must say that your theory above relies on a lot of presumptions.

It also assumes that Hillary was telling the truth and Andrew was not. Regarding the latter, I've watched the argument (when the existence of the recording is revealed) a second time on 4OD and:

1. The body language alone makes me believe Andrew over Hillary.

2. That's without taking into account Hillary's form and admissions in previous episodes about her own devious behaviour.

3. You can also see the body language of Wayne/Emma and Tweedledum/Tweedledee - the moment an Alliance is alleged, they react and their reactions are in sharp contrast with those not in the Alliance.

4. When Andrew challenges Hillary, Emma immediately jumps in and tries to end the conversation there & then. It is only because the Irish newbies say this is the time & the place for it that it carries on. It's consistent with an ally coming to your aid.

5. As for Andrew supposedly asking to join the Alliance (and then being rejected or not joining), it does not make sense. The recording states that the Alliance is 3 strong and they need Andrew & Leah. True - it needs 4 for a majority. The recording then says that if they join they may be on for two and a half weeks rather than potentially fearing they might only be on for 2 days. That is more consistent with what Andrew said rather than Hillary.

6. In the recording, Hillary states "We need you to back the other three of us up" - consistent with Andrew's version of events. 3 is vulnerable; 4 is a majority. Hillary didn't state "We don't need you" or "We don't want you" for example.

7. Andrew & Leah's words in the voting reflected a decent character unlike Hillary & Terry's.

Re 'This was a set up, fully engineered from start to finish, & more than likely pre-planned long before they joined the coach', saying 'I am going to stir things up' is not evidence that they knew what was going on from the outset. Plenty of BB newbies have said this and then done nothing of the sort.

If Hillary had been correct and Andrew & Leah had asked to join the Alliance, the recording shows Hillary wanted them to. It would have been in their own interest to have done so. And doing so would have been inconsistent with 'we are going to stir things up'. Everything points towards Andrew & Leah telling the truth.

The most likely scenario is that Hillary asked Andrew & Leah to join the Alliance and they said no. Andrew & Leah then told Tweedledum & Tweedledee which the latter admitted on camera (at the end of the clip where the recording is revealed) , adding "like the faithful lap dogs we went straight to Hillary & Terry".

Andrew & Leah went out with dignity while also standing up for themselves. Good for them.
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There we were discussing the Cumbrian lady Hilary, posters asking for calm in describing her 'Plumpsiousness', all desperateley trying to avoid the phrase 'Fat Cow' or worse.

Rotund
    Pleasantly Plump
    Chubby
    Curvaceous
    Homely
    Matronly
    Big Boned

When irony of irony's up pops one of those annoying ads that you just can't get rid of and its for........'Weightwatchers'
    you couldn't make this stuff up :o

*Oooh gotta permanent TOTP when they opened up this new thread :cool:
  • Bev75Bev75 Posts: 1,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sparkles posts too but have to say I am 100% with Hawk001 with the above post. It sums up word for word what I thought during yesterday's showing. (Hawk just puts it much better than I ever could).
    Forum Member
    Bev75 wrote: »
    I like Sparkles posts too but have to say I am 100% with Hawk001 with the above post. It sums up word for word what I thought during yesterday's showing. (Hawk just puts it much better than I ever could).

Cheers. Now I've got to get back to work.
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hawk001 wrote: »
    Cheers. Now I've got to get back to work.

You are our super sleuth hawky.....you and Sparkles, you're like the Cagney & Lacey of DS :D
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for filling in SolarSail. :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just nipped in whilst on my lunch break at work.

I had a peek at one of the CT pages on FB and Terry isnt taking the flak about him and Hilary very well.

Seen another side to him (a bit like he showed last night).

Reminds me of Vin. He did exactly the same when he read comments/posts on there he didnt like.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »

You're welcome, I was only able to do yesterday though, sorry - although that turned out to be the 'big one'

As I said before, my thoughts were with you and your family x
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Welcome back Gemo x
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Just nipped in whilst on my lunch break at work.

I had a peek at one of the CT pages on FB and Terry isnt taking the flak about him and Hilary very well.

Seen another side to him (a bit like he showed last night).

Reminds me of Vin. He did exactly the same when he read comments/posts on there he didnt like.

It's hilarious, he's digging himself deeper with each post. :D

I love it when Karma comes into play.

I know the word 'fat' is disapproved of here, but this post made me choke with laughter.
    Words cannot describe how much I loathe that fat, irritating accented, whale, Hilary. Good job she didn't try paragliding - there'd have been a tsunami.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43346891003&v=wall
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Good grief!! How rude is he??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm going to have to check out this FB page.

Speaking of FB, I just stumbled across Andrew so sent him a message to say "well done" and that I hope he pops in here with Leah to say hi :)
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry is calling anyone who disagrees with him on FB as 'sh*ts' and various other insults.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry is calling anyone who disagrees with him on FB as 'sh*ts' and various other insults.

Is there a link to the page?

EDIT: Just noticed it above!
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, SS and BG. xx

Giving immunity for winning the activities seems like a good idea until you remember that Carla/Angie and Amanda/Nicki won many of their challenges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Post 14.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43346891003&v=wall#

Nav's on there too sticking up for Terry! (His real name is Chris)
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member

So eloquent and charming, don't you think? ;):D

And people worry about the odd insult on here, we're pretty refrained in comparison. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post 14.

I edited to say I got it :)
    Bev75 wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43346891003&v=wall#

Nav's on there too sticking up for Terry! (His real name is Chris)

Thanks, but seen it by the time you replied lol, thats what I get for skimming posts!
    Forum Member
    hawk001 wrote: »

I've added a few paragraphs (numbers 5-7) and amended the penultimate and final paragraphs. It is too late to edit the original post so the revised one follows:

I must say that your theory above relies on a lot of presumptions.

It also assumes that Hillary was telling the truth and Andrew was not. Regarding the latter, I've watched the argument (when the existence of the recording is revealed) a second time on 4OD and:

1. The body language alone makes me believe Andrew over Hillary.

2. That's without taking into account Hillary's form and admissions in previous episodes about her own devious behaviour.

3. You can also see the body language of Wayne/Emma and Tweedledum/Tweedledee - the moment an Alliance is alleged, they react and their reactions are in sharp contrast with those not in the Alliance.

4. When Andrew challenges Hillary, Emma immediately jumps in and tries to end the conversation there & then. It is only because the Irish newbies say this is the time & the place for it that it carries on. It's consistent with an ally coming to your aid.

5. Andrew asks Hillary if she is saying that he asked her if he could join the Alliance. There is a significant and arguably telling pause before she says ‘yes’.

6. Andrew then reveals the existence of the recording. Emma immediately interjects “Well what sort of a person are you then, recording on a bloody telephone?" She is apparently more concerned with the existence of a recording rather than what is on it. Makes you wonder why.

7. Hillary doesn’t respond (at least not on TV) with “Good. It’ll prove that I am telling the truth”. No, she is remarkably silent. (She does comment later - but not immediately - asking Andrew if he recorded his question to her).

8. As for Andrew supposedly asking to join the Alliance (and then being rejected or not joining), it does not make sense. The recording states that the Alliance is 3 strong and they need Andrew & Leah. True - it needs 4 for a majority. The recording then says that if they join they may be on for two and a half weeks rather than potentially fearing they might only be on for 2 days. That is more consistent with what Andrew said rather than Hillary.

9. In the recording, Hillary states "We need you to back the other three of us up" - consistent with Andrew's version of events. 3 is vulnerable; 4 is a majority. Hillary didn't state "We don't need you" or "We don't want you" for example.

10. Andrew & Leah's words in the voting reflected a decent character unlike Hillary & Terry's.

Re 'This was a set up, fully engineered from start to finish, & more than likely pre-planned long before they joined the coach', saying 'I am going to stir things up' is not evidence that they knew what was going on from the outset. Plenty of BB newbies have said this and then done nothing of the sort.

If Hillary had been correct and Andrew & Leah had asked to join the Alliance, the recording shows Hillary wanted them to. It would have been in their own interest to have done so. And doing so would have been inconsistent with 'we are going to stir things up'. Everything points towards Andrew & Leah telling the truth.

The most likely scenario is that Hillary asked Andrew & Leah to join the Alliance and they said no. Andrew & Leah then told Tweedledum & Tweedledee which the latter admitted on camera (at the end of the clip where the recording is revealed) , adding "like the faithful lap dogs we are, we went straight to Hillary & Terry".

Andrew & Leah went out with dignity while also standing up for themselves - both of them. Good for them. Liverpool 10, Cumbria 0.
    Forum Member
    This is what (I believe) is on the recording, as shown on TV. No doubt it was edited.

Hillary: I told you not to worry.
    Andrew: I know.
    Hillary: What did I say to you today? Whatever happens, don’t worry. Because you do, you think “On Christ, I’ve got a yellow card, obviously I’m gone tomorrow”. It doesn’t work like that with us. We’ve mastered it [emphasis on ‘mastered’]. See Wednesday you come part of our alliance. You could be on here for another two-and-a-half weeks. Because we need you [emphasis on ‘need you’] to back the other three of us up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been browsing through the voting history. This is how Val and Margaret have voted since Day 12 ..

Day 12: Barbara and Elaina
    Day 13: Mary and Darren
    Day 14: Shayne and Mike
    Day 15: Mary and Darren
    Day 16: Barbara and Elaina
    Day 17: Leah and Andrew
    Day 18: Emma and Wayne (crunch vote went to Leah and Andrew)

So, they have voted six out seven times (85.7%) for a couple outside of the pro-Hilary clique. Not as middle of the road as they portray. It is also important to remember that Val and Margaret have only been on since Day 9, so they shouldn't have any strong ties or anything like that to Hilary and Terry.
This discussion has been closed.