What happened with David, Alicia and Priya?

FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
Forum Member
I have been skipping too much of ED, the last I watched he was pining away from Alicia while making wedding plans with Priya. What happened with that, who is he with now?

Comments

• natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been skipping too much of ED, the last I watched he was pining away from Alicia while making wedding plans with Priya. What happened with that, who is he with now?

He is still with Priya & Alicia is now with Dom and the storyline has gone on the back burners for a while recently but I'm sure it'll be revisited again soon ;)
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    He is still with Priya & Alicia is now with Dom and the storyline has gone on the back burners for a while recently but I'm sure it'll be revisited again soon ;)

Ok, thanks. Why is he exactly with Priya, when he clearly has/had more feelings for Alicia?
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks. Why is he exactly with Priya, when he clearly has/had more feelings for Alicia?

Good point. Maybe it's because he thinks Alicia is with Dom.
    Forum Member
    Soo, I caught up with some of the shows, basically, Priya dumped David, because he was too caught up with Alicia, David confessed his feelings to Alicia, Priya was going to leave to London, David went and re-proposed to her, Alicia went to David to tell his she wants to be with him, to find out David had gotten re-engaged with Priya?

Is this just about what happened?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm really not sure he says he loves her but its obvious he loves Alicia more but this is a soap remember no one ever does things rationally :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soo, I caught up with some of the shows, basically, Priya dumped David, because he was too caught up with Alicia, David confessed his feelings to Alicia, Priya was going to leave to London, David went and re-proposed to her, Alicia went to David to tell his she wants to be with him, to find out David had gotten re-engaged with Priya?

Yup pretty much :)
    Forum Member
    I'm really not sure he says he loves her but its obvious he loves Alicia more but this is a soap remember no one ever does things rationally :D

Ok, thanks! Sounds like it was a waste of build up for Alicia and David, I wonder if it will be re-visited. If so, it would make David look even more like a douche.
  • JohnMc1JohnMc1 Posts: 943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep. Shitty isn't it?
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I am guessing the storyline will return again when David and Priya are set to wed.

I cannot wait to see David and Alicia together, although I do think sometimes David doesn't eserve Alicia with his lack of sensitivity.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I'm not convinced Alicia loves Dom.
    Nor am I convinced that David loves Priya.

Dom, I think is in lust with Alicia.

And I think Priya just always wants her own way and has just decided she wants David whether she loves him or not - and I don't think she does love him.

It's all ridiculous to me.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night, Alicia gave a look which I think meant that she's not convinced about her and Dom. It was after they were talking about living together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing the storyline will return again when David and Priya are set to wed.

I cannot wait to see David and Alicia together, although I do think sometimes David doesn't eserve Alicia with his lack of sensitivity.

I've wanted David & Alicia to be together for ages but now after the way David's acted I agree with you I don't feel he deserves to be with her which is a shame as they make such a cute couple :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks! Sounds like it was a waste of build up for Alicia and David, I wonder if it will be re-visited. If so, it would make David look even more like a douche.

I'm sure it will be revisited but it needs to be sooner rather than later cos even now I'm finding myself not caring about the storyline & the longer it gets dragged out Im sure the more people will feel the same :rolleyes:
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will be revisited but it needs to be sooner rather than later cos even now I'm finding myself not caring about the storyline & the longer it gets dragged out Im sure the more people will feel the same :rolleyes:

Don't forget you've got the upcoming excitement of
    Alicia and Dom moving into together - of course a natural progression after dating for 6 weeks, when you have two impressionable kids to consider:rolleyes:
    . It's a bit hard to care about this one isn't it?
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

Maybe he remembers when Priya used to be nice before they turned her into a bitch when Alicia returned, who wasn't exactly the most sympathetic character before she left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget you've got the upcoming excitement of
    Alicia and Dom moving into together - of course a natural progression after dating for 6 weeks, when you have two impressionable kids to consider:rolleyes:
    . It's a bit hard to care about this one isn't it?

How could I forget about that exciting storyline ;) it's ridiculous isn't it when soaps do storylines like this like you say those 2 would never decide to move in so soon in real life would they :eek:
    Forum Member
    I've wanted David & Alicia to be together for ages but now after the way David's acted I agree with you I don't feel he deserves to be with her which is a shame as they make such a cute couple :(

I don't think he deserves either woman. He had the perfect moment to decide what he wants, Priya left him, and was on her way to London. He went and proposed to her, told her to stay with him.
    So for him to now to decide he wants Alicia, it is just cruel.

I know Priya isn't that liked here, but I actually do like her. She is the one wronged in the whole situation, and doesn't deserve this.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I don't think he deserves either woman. He had the perfect moment to decide what he wants, Priya left him, and was on her way to London. He went and proposed to her, told her to stay with him.
    So for him to now to decide he wants Alicia, it is just cruel.

I know Priya isn't that liked here, but I actually do like her. She is the one wronged in the whole situation, and doesn't deserve this.

I like Priya. She can be demanding at times, but she is a decent character in my opinion. I just do not think her an David are suited as well as Alicia and David would be.

However, after the lack of tact towards both women shown from David, then maybe both women do deserve better than David and he should stay single.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Last night, Alicia gave a look which I think meant that she's not convinced about her and Dom. It was after they were talking about living together.
    I certainly don't think that Dom is right for Alicia.
    Certainly not!

Come on, let's have a happy couple(family) in Emmerdale for once with Alicia, David and Jake.
    It has to be, please!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David belongs with Nikhil. He should just move to Canada and bring up Molly with Nikhil.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While Rhona's story and any Cameron related stuff has been dominating for a while, this is one of those ones that has taken a backseat. I expect after the October episodes it'll properly rear its head again, along with the Jai is Archie's dad business and these will be two of the bigger storylines (or at least episodes) between October and Christmas...at a guess!

Trouble is this one has kind of jumped the shark a bit, the peak has gone and it's hard to care much, though once it takes centre stage again I'm sure we will, ish.

It's actually amazing how Rhona/Cameron have taken up all screen time for a few months now, with most stories somehow stemming from those two - e.g Laurel Scissorhands and the travels of Alex The Corpse. Not a bad thing by the way, just shows how much potential you can get out of one story arc!
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me, David is only guilty of being spineless and not going for what he wants.

He waited for Priya to dump him before going after Alicia, who, after finding out he hadn't left Priya, rejected him.

Then he ran and asked Priya to marry him.

To be fair he could've just stayed single but then that wouldn't be as fun.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will all be mentioned again on David and Priya's wedding day!