Has anyone successfully managed to block a number?

wenchwench Posts: 8,928
Forum Member
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has managed to successfully block a single mobile number from calling your mobile?

I ask because I've been receiving nuisance calls and texts from a particular number, and T-mobile tell me that there is nothing that they can do.

I've contacted the police and got a crime number but they assure me that the mobile companies CAN block individual numbers, but when I call T_mobile they claim they dont have the technology.
However T-Monile have said that if I want to pursue this then I need to employ a solicitor to ask them to release trace information!! WHY??

Anyway I thought this kid would get bored at some point, seeing as I also turned off my phone for a week, but they have started again today.

I have found out the number is an O2 number, but again O2 aren't willing to do anything, even though the prankster has texted to say it was a stolen phone. However if it was a stolen phone then no one has reported it stolen yet!

Anyone else got any more ideas about how to stop these nuisance calls without paying hundreds of quid for a solicitor?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you could get your number changed, Tmobile would do this free of charge with it being malicious calls only on a contract. It its payg, you can pick sim cards up cheap on their website.
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Well you could get your number changed, Tmobile would do this free of charge with it being malicious calls only on a contract. It its payg, you can pick sim cards up cheap on their website.

Unfortunately that is the last route I want to go down as I have had my existing number for over 12 years and its used for business purposes too.

I would hate to have to change my number just because some ****ty kid is bored with his life!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O2 are able to bar an individual number at the request of the police so I would assume T-mobile can too. The police will usually have a contact for the liasions teams within each mobile company.
    Forum Member
    Garyo2 wrote:
    O2 are able to bar an individual number at the request of the police so I would assume T-mobile can too. The police will usually have a contact for the liasions teams within each mobile company.

Well I guess T-mobile are shyte as they will only do something if instructed by a solictor but not the police, I've already asked and they said because of privacy laws I need a solicitor to make a formal request.
    The Police have been as helpful as they can but T-Mobile are simply refusing to help one bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wench wrote:
    Well I guess T-mobile are shyte as they will only do something if instructed by a solictor but not the police, I've already asked and they said because of privacy laws I need a solicitor to make a formal request.
    The Police have been as helpful as they can but T-Mobile are simply refusing to help one bit.

Police can use their DPA waiver. No idea where they are getting solicitor from lol. Though TBH with you the police don't take this kind of thing seriously so probably wont help you much either.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Get Caller Id and don't answer the nuisance call. My phone tells me who is phoning and if I don't want to speak to a person,I don't.
    Forum Member
    Get Caller Id and don't answer the nuisance call. My phone tells me who is phoning and if I don't want to speak to a person,I don't.

I have caller ID, but this number comes up withheld ( i got the actual number from his texts) and he calls about 50 times day and night, so ignoring it is not an option either.
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some phones allow you to create a "banned" list. If this number calls or texts the phone simply rejects it, you can have it reject callers with no number showing too. The phone i had which has these functions was the Samsung D600 (i think)

The other thing you might like to do is to create a ringtone for with-held numbers - a silent one. At least if he phones it will be quiet for you! Most Nokias have this function (and so does my PEBL)