Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Ok, still missed the point then.

Okay I guess that I have, I cannot really do much more explaining, so I guess this is one of those matches that definitely spills opinions!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    This is it this is what they are doing?

Jeff fighting drones with a guitar a Matt hologram popping out of one like a mental Princess Leia.

Then Matt going batshit with a Flymo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was the most stupid thing I have watched in my entire life.

It was like a parody of a bad B Movie made with a 50p budget.

Surprised you didn't hear someone in the background saying "Cut---Take Two"

Makes the Hogan seeing Warrior in the mirror look like a work of genius hell it was worse than Arquette winning the WCW Championship.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Makes the Hogan seeing Warrior in the mirror look like a work of genius hell it was worse than Arquette winning the WCW Championship.

Ahhh glad to see that I am not alone, you also must not get it, we must be in a club all by ourselves.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was meant to be intentionally bad, it was hilarious.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit in bold.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was great... so cheesy...

but this is what made WCW.. it was the sort of loony gimmick that is needed to stop the show just being the same walk to ring, in the same place with the same people in the crowd due to batch recording...

it made the show better because so many sections were "off site" - and it was bright & loud... it was something "different" and the big ticket gimmick section (eg all the cars wcw & wwe have smashed up in car park moments... which when tna did it stunk because the car park was clearly full of junk yard sourced wrecks!)

thumbs up... and more things like it are needed...

hey tna, there are shopping malls all over america closing down... use some of their empty malls as a back drop sometime...
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Jeremy Borash said it was actually cheap to shoot and all the stuff you seen in the video was actually on their properties already, there was no need to get any props and he said there is no shortage of ideas from Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy, it's certainly not the end.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Final Deletion segment. It was utterly preposterous, but it was meant to be, and it knew how bonkers it was. I've been enjoying Matt's weird speech patterns, and his odd way of saying "dalete". It's all very cartoony, but good fun.

I was slightly annoyed by all the jumpy editing, which frankly wasn't needed, and a bit more could have been made of the ending, which was shot from too far back I thought, making it initially a little unclear what had actually happened.

But overall a welcome change of pace.
    I assume that Jeff is off for a while now having surgery, but what do they now do with Matt? Will he be 'cured' of his broken state and make a more normal comeback?
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FD was quality, hats off to TNA

rest is still fast fwd fodder. i probably wont be tuning in again anytime soon
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something here in regards to this outdoor Hardy v Hardy match??

Having just watched it, I thought it was dreadful, the wrestling, what little there was, was slow and it was as if both were doing this for the first time, rather then the ten thousandth time!

The match was filmed in near darkness, with pitiful lighting, so you couldn't really see what was happening, and then the rest of the match was just a farce, and not a good one either.

As for the ending, why on earth was there no move, just rolling down some dirt.

Deary me, so much hype for so little, if any return.

It was hilarious :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After that I didn't even watch TNA last night it's really put me off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After that I didn't even watch TNA last night it's really put me off.

says the guy who paid for every wwe ppv on SBO LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

They were a work of art compaired to that.

Even The Finger Poke Of Doom was a masterpiece by comparison.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

That's some amount of money. Hundreds of pounds when you add it all up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    That's some amount of money. Hundreds of pounds when you add it all up.

to watch terrible tv lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tna ono ppv on challenge tonight...

i will record it for tomorrow but i expect it will be one of those stand alone messes that confuses "the current storyline when they recorded it" to "no storyline as it is standalone" and neither fit with what has been happening on impact recently...

they really need to have guest wrestlers that mean something if they are going to do these in order to work

i like having them, but they have to make some kind of sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TNA Impact Wrestling Draws Near-Record High Viewership in its First Thursday Night Airing

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/731843-tna-impact-wrestling-draws-near-record-high-viewership-in-its-first-thursday-night-airing
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broken Matt Hardy is a draw!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    talking matt hardy....
    jeff was a team captain in the ONO ppv shown saturday... during the long winded draft segment the crowd called for him to pick matt... which shows it was filmed before the matt v jeff impact segment... so not only was jeff "not hurt" in the ppv the crowd were oblivious to the impact storyline that has been on the last 2 months...

rule one of professional wrestling as bishoff would say is the suspension of belief... and having a beaten hardy on tv for weeks then appear full of beans with the crowd chanting for him to be joined by what had been his nemesis just does not "build the suspension of belief" needed to carry the show.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    TNA Impact Wrestling Draws Near-Record High Viewership in its First Thursday Night Airing

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/731843-tna-impact-wrestling-draws-near-record-high-viewership-in-its-first-thursday-night-airing

Obviously Thursday night is the night to be, I take it their very existence isn't being threatened this year then heh, the haters will be so sad:cool:

Watching Impact last night July isn't even out yet and we are already getting 30 mentions an episode of Bound For Glory, its like the olden days heh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Obviously Thursday night is the night to be, I take it their very existence isn't being threatened this year then heh, the haters will be so sad:cool:

Watching Impact last night July isn't even out yet and we are already getting 30 mentions an episode of Bound For Glory, its like the olden days heh

:D

Moose! ... Moose! ... Moose!

I wish she'd stop it with the Obsolete :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewers down from last week.
    According to ShowBuzzDaily.com, this week’s edition of TNA Impact Wrestling episode, featuring the finals of the BFG Playoffs, averaged 317,000 viewers. This week’s number is down from last week’s 350,000 viewership average.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/736963-how-was-viewership-for-this-weeks-tna-impact-wrestling-viewership-featuring-the-bfg-playoffs#mkagBLmITwiYSHDQ.99
  • Options
    JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

It's what ALWAYS happens with TNA. ALWAYS. They do a peak and 2 weeks later it's back where they were before. It's sad because the show is not that bad lately, but it's too late for them. Even in the UK their ratings are nowhere near what they were before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was a solid show....

it's really just let down with the "same" location with "same feel" every week because of the batch recording from the one soundstage.

however they have addressed that by adding more outside location story builder videos over the last few weeks... it just needs more of them to stop it looking "the same" too much of the time... (especially when you have the knockouts being basically the same match so often!) .