Pioneer Plasma (427XD) won't let me have 2 signals !

Hi All

I have a Pioneer 427XD - quite old I know but have been using it for digital freeview.

I now have my sky picture routed around my house using the Co-axial cable but in my pioneer menu, it seems that I can only tune into DTV (and sacrifice Analogue) or Analogue and then lose Freeview.

Any ideas how I can have both !!

Comments

• Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When watching Sky (via the analogue tuner) you aren't watching Freeview. When watching Freeview (via the digital tuner) you aren't watching Sky.

Isn't this the same as when watching BBC1, you aren't watching BBC2? How can you watch two different sources at the same time?
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,506
    Forum Member
    You simply need to switch between analogue and digital, depending which you want to watch at that time - there's no need to retune, there should be an option on your handset (either two buttons Analogue and Digital, one button Analogue/Digital, on some poorer sets you have to select ATV or DTV from the AV menu via the AV button, or even step down (from 001) to reach the analogue channels).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    You simply need to switch between analogue and digital, depending which you want to watch at that time - there's no need to retune, there should be an option on your handset (either two buttons Analogue and Digital, one button Analogue/Digital, on some poorer sets you have to select ATV or DTV from the AV menu via the AV button, or even step down (from 001) to reach the analogue channels).

Many thanks for your help.

There was a button to switch between the two - and now I've seen that there are 2 aerial inputs - 1 for Digital, and 1 for Analogue - so will be getting my hands on a splitter now.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pna1 wrote: »

There was a button to switch between the two - and now I've seen that there are 2 aerial inputs - 1 for Digital, and 1 for Analogue - so will be getting my hands on a splitter now.
    If there are two separate aerial inputs one for digital and one for analogue then
    you don't need a splitter as the only analogue signal is from the Sky box.
    Leave your existing aerial connection in the Digital input socket and plug the Sky co-ax in the Analogue socket
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    If there are two separate aerial inputs one for digital and one for analogue then
    you don't need a splitter as the only analogue signal is from the Sky box.
    Leave your existing aerial connection in the Digital input socket and plug the Sky co-ax in the Analogue socket

A sky distribution system combines analogue and digital onto the same cable from rf2 out. The OP will lost likely have one cable (normally labelled return) carrying both, most likely via a magic eye so he will need a splitter after any Magic Eye.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pna1 wrote: »

Looking at a manual online you don't need a splitter. It has an aerial out socket alongside the digital in socket.

So all you should need is a short coax lead between the aerial out and the analogue in sockets. Plug the feed from the Sky box into the digital in socket.

http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/PDP_427XD_ARE1428_manual/

Page 13 for the back panel diagram.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    All - thanks for all the advice

chrisjr - this is exactly what I needed to do - picture is back and good quality and all set up fine.

Thanks again !
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,506
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Looking at a manual online you don't need a splitter. It has an aerial out socket alongside the digital in socket.

Yes, it's rare (in the UK) not to have the loop through.

More common in Spain not to, where digital and analogue often came from totally different directions and separate aerials were required.