Options

Sophie And Sam

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 663
Forum Member
✭✭
I think the problem is that Sam finds it really hard to read her lips her accent is very strong and the sound doesn't match her lip movements, she hasn't got any idea how deaf he is and should maybe try harder. Sophie and the twins don't make sure Sam is looking at them when they speak to him and if they are all talking he must miss a lot.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great 85 people have read this post and not one bothered to reply thanks, is that because I am not in a click or because its rubbish lol
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sam understands Sophie, he just wishes he didn't :cool:
  • Options
    jaydashjaydash Posts: 1,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because not that many people here buy into the 'Oh poor Sam, the trouble he has coping' type thinking o/p. So, quite frankly they don't care if he can hear Sophie or not.

He wears twin digital hearing aids. He can hear when he wants to. He can bitch when he wants to. And he's never talked about his deafness in an educational way, despite saying when he went into the House that he was 'doing it for the deaf kids' or whatever. All he's done is actually moan about it on the live feed, aka gone for the sympathy vote.

It's all been done on here before, but if Sam finds it too hard and expects sympathy, he shouldn't have gone in for Big Brother. I'm not sure that really answers your question Soppy, but to be honest, people care a lot less about Sophie than they do about Sam.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that he probably finds Sophie hard to understand. Even in the safe house she kept turning her back on him so he couldn't read her lips. But Sophie has been quite nasty to his face on a number of occasions. ie. You don't know your F'ing alphabet. So I think that Sam realises that she doesn't like him much. Also I think somebody has told Sam about all the things Sophie has been bitching about him the last few weeks.
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaydash wrote: »
    Probably because not that many people here buy into the 'Oh poor Sam, the trouble he has coping' type thinking o/p. So, quite frankly they don't care if he can hear Sophie or not.

He wears twin digital hearing aids. He can hear when he wants to. He can bitch when he wants to. And he's never talked about his deafness in an educational way, despite saying when he went into the House that he was 'doing it for the deaf kids' or whatever. All he's done is actually moan about it on the live feed, aka gone for the sympathy vote.

It's all been done on here before, but if Sam finds it too hard and expects sympathy, he shouldn't have gone in for Big Brother. I'm not sure that really answers your question Soppy, but to be honest, people care a lot less about Sophie than they do about Sam.

You really don't know enough about Sam to say what he hears. So petty to say such a thing. He does not moan about his deafness. He has brought it up on a couple of occasions, that is not moaning! You have made it clear that you don't like him but stop making up things about his disability.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppymum wrote: »
    ... is that because I am not in a click...

Clique, isn't it.
  • Options
    jaydashjaydash Posts: 1,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I suggest that YOU don't know how he feels about it, because he hasn't taken the time to explain. What I do know is that he has whinged about his peers him a chance, arguably as a ploy to get airtime because it was during chats to Gina just after she'd received top spot in the popularity line-up.

You/ Sega Gamer et al don't need to defend against every little thing said about Sam; it's embarrassing and also a little patronising. Sam is a grown man who put himself up for public scrutiny - he is therefore as fair game as anyone else is to be criticised.

BTW, I don't dislike Sam, I just don't find anything especially good to like about him, and certainly don't want someone to win on the back of the sympathy vote or just because they were the least offensive. I may have accepted that in the early days of BB, but I think the prize should go to someone who deserves it, who's earned it.

Or, we might as well not bother having a Big Brother and just give the money straight to charity?
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem is that Sam finds it really hard to read her lips her accent is very strong and the sound doesn't match her lip movements, she hasn't got any idea how deaf he is and should maybe try harder. Sophie and the twins don't make sure Sam is looking at them when they speak to him and if they are all talking he must miss a lot.

He aint deaf, hes got hearing aids.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He just doesn't like her. I don't as a viewer so imagine being in the haaas wiv er.:p
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »

He's 70/80% deaf.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't play ignortant, and what's with the roll eyes. Very unnecessary imo. He has 70% hearing loss in one ear and 8% another.He wears hearing AIDS,the clue is in the name
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't play ignortant, and what's with the roll eyes. Very unnecessary imo. He has 70% hearing loss in one ear and 8% another.He wears hearing AIDS,the clue is in the name

He can hear with his aids in, so dont you play ignorant :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    I think Sam understands Sophie, he just wishes he didn't :cool:

The same feeling many get watching her on the Highlights Show. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can hear with his aids in, so dont you play ignorant :rolleyes:

OMG,words almost fail me,,but here goes..HE IS DEAF. You can spin it what way you like, dislike him all you want but it doesn't change the facts. His hearing apparatus "aid" him to partially hear & he combines this with lip reading to comunicate with others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG,words almost fail me,,but here goes..HE IS DEAF. You can spin it what way you like, dislike him all you want but it doesn't change the facts. His hearing apparatus "aid" him to partially hear & he combines this with lip reading to comunicate with others.

I know someone who is deaf, have aids in and can hear ok.....chilllllllll
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Practise what you preach..I cannot comment on your friend..what I can comment on is Sam and he is deaf which you said he isn't. Ok that clear enough..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Practise what you preach..I cannot comment on your friend..what I can comment on is Sam and he is deaf which you said he isn't. Ok that clear enough..

No, please explain how he knows when BB call him to the diary room.And dont say the others tell him.

Please dont start attacking forum members, keep to the housemates :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think Sophie is just plain 'narrsty' in many ways but yooz dont av 2 agree innit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clique, isn't it.

Yes it is your so right :) are you proud of yourself now you have corrected me :o? anyway in my defence I was typing under the influence;) lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member

I'd like to agree with you on this but i can't.
    The reason why i can't is down to Sam himself after Callum got evicted and the rest were all in the garden talking about it, including Sophie. There were at least 6 people all talking over each other and not once did Sam stop anyone or show any kind of problem hearing any of them at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selena wrote: »
    He's 70/80% deaf.

That's so true he has 70% in one ear and 80% in the other and that's WITH aids, without he said he has none at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to agree with you on this but i can't.
    The reason why i can't is down to Sam himself after Callum got evicted and the rest were all in the garden talking about it, including Sophie. There were at least 6 people all talking over each other and not once did Sam stop anyone or show any kind of problem hearing any of them at all.

Good point but I think he is just so unsure of what he hears is right or not right he just doesn't get involved, god why am I fighting his corner I am no so keen on him as a person anyway lol
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great 85 people have read this post and not one bothered to reply thanks, is that because I am not in a click or because its rubbish lol

:) lol, I know how you feel Soppymum .

Why does everyone in the BB house feel they have to like everyone . Surely we all know or realise that in any group there are some people you like and others less so . Sam and Sophie don't click and their heart to heart on last nights LF only confirmed this because at the end it did nothing to bring them closer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member

Wow, you are totally clueless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, please explain how he knows when BB call him to the diary room.And dont say the others tell him.

Please dont start attacking forum members, keep to the housemates :rolleyes:

I have never and will never stoop so low as to attack a forum member, so do not now, or ever throw that accusation at me.:mad: Ridiculous!!!

I have pointed out to you that you are persisting in ignorantly stating as fact..that Sam is not deaf. I have therefore in my responses to you told you that you are wrong. This is not an opinion, but Factual, whether you choose to believe it or not. And again...Sam is DEAF.