Options

Your Tips For 2014?

Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who do you think will be hitting the big time? All of the Prediction lists on other websites all seem to neglect the pop genre, going for Alternative artists - like Banks, Sam Smith etc.
And I'm not saying that isn't a bad thing, but does it truly reflect 2014? Noeone put One Direction, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, or Jason Derulo in their lists, before they ht the big time. So who are you tipping to delve rom the shadows to the spotlight? It'd be cool to do our own Sound of 2014 for DS.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Eyre
    The Vamps
    LIZ
    Andreya Triana
    Lulu James
    Chloe Howl
    Foxes
    Angel Haze
    Neon Hitch
    Fuse ODG
    Becky G
    Iggy Azalea
    Tori Kelly
    Elyar Fox
    Misha B
    Syron
    Lea Michele
    Tanika
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Tori Kelly & Alex and Sierra.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Henderson
    Chasing Grace
    Angel Haze
    Lea Michelle
    Fith Harmony (although I'm not sure if their record label have any major interest in them after a pretty dull 2013)
    Third D3gree
  • Options
    dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like MNEK's stuff. His mixtape was like a throwback to late 80's / early 90's rnb pop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling that George Ezra could do really well. I can see him appealing to a lot of people with the right type of songs.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Sam Smith
    Foxes
    MNEK

those are the artists from the many listed in mags, papers on websites that i think have genuine artistry and will gain success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Smith has won the Brits critics choice award so he'll probably be everywhere. The other two artists shortlisted were Ella Eyre and Chloe Howl so they'll probably be promoted quite heavily too.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    oh I really like Banks too. Forgot about her. Nina Nesbit has grown on me too.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think this song is going to take off at some point, it's been around for ages but it has huge potential to be a hit, in the same way that Storm Queen's 'Look Right Through' only took off months after it first appeared.

Friend Within - The Renegade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4qIcLj_hiE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this year cold be huge for Foxes, if the success of 'Youth' is anything to go buy. Lea Michele, and The Vamps, also went into the top ten on the abum charts when their next sinle/album were made available. The blogs seem to love Ella Eyre, and Chloe Howl (but unfortunatly they also loved Charli XCX but she didn't regain commercial success :( )Misha B is set to return by her twitter so...