The London Pass

redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just booked myself a four night stay down London for back end of July. Came across a think know as 'The London pass' what gives you free entry into numerous things that you would normal pay for. Also if you pay a bit extra you get unlimited travel of buses, underground, trains in and around london.

Price if £103 for three days which includes the travel

http://www.londonpass.com/?aid=17&gclid=CLTw_7a_mrcCFZIPtAodgjgA-g

Anyone ever got one or used one. Something I might get tbh. The travel bit of it really appeals to me

Comments

• DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 7-day travelcard will cost you around 30 quid for central London, so it depends if you think you'd really spend more than £70 on the attractions available.

Looks like a good deal if you're doing a full-on sightseeing trip to those particular places.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't bother with the travel option on the London Pass. It adds the cost of a travelcard for zones 1-6 to the basic cost of the Pass whereas you'll probably only be travelling within zones 1-2 in central London where most of the main attractions are. It's cheaper to pay for travel separately - just buy a daily travelcard for zones 1-2 which costs just under £8 and covers all travel on the tube in those zones as well as bus travel in all zones. Or use Pay As You Go on a Oyster card.

In deciding whether the London Pass (without the travel option) is worth it for you, you need to consider what attractions you are interested in visiting and work out if it will save you enough money to be worthwhile. Many museums and galleries are free in London anyway so the Pass won't help there.