Guests on "Have I got news for you", that are now dead.

Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
Forum Member
✭✭
I can think of Jimmy Saville, but are there any other guests that are now dead.

Comments

• vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    I can think of Jimmy Saville, but are there any other guests that are now dead.

Well going back a bit you have the older comedians such as Monkhouse and political figures such as Robin Cook who have passed. Pretty sure I can remember Patrick Moore appearing on the show as well. Those are the three I can think of but surely there is one or two more.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paula Yates I think.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes a quick check confirms Paula Yates was on in 1995.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linda Smith
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dermot Morgan (Father Ted)
  • PoppylenaPoppylena Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Dermot Morgan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Linda Smith

I watched a clip of Linda Smith on Youtube where her skit was about going to the pictures, and she was very funny. A sad loss as just from that clip is was clear she wiped the floor with the likes of Sarah Millican and other popular female comedians of today.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    The tub of lard which replaced Roy Hattersley :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmys4LH9jTE (for those who haven't seen it)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched a clip of Linda Smith on Youtube where her skit was about going to the pictures, and she was very funny. A sad loss as just from that clip is was clear she wiped the floor with the likes of Sarah Millican and other popular female comedians of today.

Agreed :)
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Sorry for being vague but there was a man on there who was in his 90's but sharp as a needle. Lord something or other.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree.

I find Sarah Millican mildly amusing but only mildly. Linda Smith was a gem.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Was it Lord Onslow or something?
    Dies Sir Patrick Moore count? He was a presenter though not strictly a 'guest'.
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Just found it. Lord Deedes.

Add to the list Bob Monkhouse and Sir Patrick Moore who was a guest in series 15.

Full list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Have_I_Got_News_for_You_episodes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Guest presenter Grim :)
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes a quick check confirms Paula Yates was on in 1995.

That was when she callled Ian Hislop "The sperm of the Devil " :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Just found it. Lord Deedes.

Add to the list Bob Monkhouse and Sir Patrick Moore who was a guest in series 15.

Full list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Have_I_Got_News_for_You_episodes

Wonder how many episodes feature 2 guests now gone, as a quick look of the list shows that December 11th 1992 had Peter Cook and Douglas Adams as guests.
    Forum Member
    Slightly off-topic but Series 11 Ep 1; Ian's guest is Paul Merton, whilst the team captain on the other size was Eddie Izzard.

Why did that happen I wonder?
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Didn't Paul take some time off from being a captain, and so perhaps he appeared as a guest, before coming back or during his absence?
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off-topic but Series 11 Ep 1; Ian's guest is Paul Merton, whilst the team captain on the other size was Eddie Izzard.

Why did that happen I wonder?

Paul officially took that series off, didnt he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    Totally agree.

I find Sarah Millican mildly amusing but only mildly. Linda Smith was a gem.

I find the Millican creature about as amusing as an anal fissure (:eek: :D) and can't understand how she's achieved the level of success she has, but each to their own. :)

I wish there were more clips or even a DVD of Linda Smith out there. I'm not usually into stand-up comedy but I really took a shine to her from what I saw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the Millican creature about as amusing as an anal fissure (:eek: :D) and can't understand how she's achieved the level of success she has, but each to their own. :)

I wish there were more clips or even a DVD of Linda Smith out there. I'm not usually into stand-up comedy but I really took a shine to her from what I saw.

I sometimes catch her programmes on Radio
    Forum Member
    Topical one in light of recent sad news...was Mel Smith ever on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is cd of a live show, Don't know if it's still available but I have it on my mp3 player. Very good.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Topical one in light of recent sad news...was Mel Smith ever on?

I think he presented an episode.