Hollyoaks would you like to see the returns of the valentines and ashworths?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 441
Forum Member
these two families were some of the strongest family units seen in oaks for years, had some of the biggest story-lines and made hollyoaks for me. would you like to see the return of a bit of hollyoaks history? personally i thought it was a huge mistake to axe them and replace them with the savages.. :yawn:

? 43 votes

Yes bring them back!
9% 4 votes
Only if they had big storylines to keep them fresh?
27% 12 votes
No hollyoaks is better without them!
62% 27 votes

Comments

• KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back the Hunters!
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    id say too see josh return neville and susanne arnt really needed and the valentines are nothing without calvin i quite like the savages and wev also got the osbournes and the kanes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Carl & Seth. They could still be a part of the current telling.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer the 2003-06 families, they were definitely the best. Deans, Hunters, Burtons, Osbournes, Owens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I'd prefer the 2003-06 families, they were definitely the best. Deans, Hunters, Burtons, Osbournes, Owens.

This was when I used to watch Hollyoaks.

Loved the Hunters, they really did feel like a real family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    No hollyoaks is better without them!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like lauren from the valentines
    maybe bring them back when teresa is revealed as the murderer
    but right now HO dont need any more cast/come backs
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, the Valentines were awful. One of Kirkwood's poorer decisions. Sonny was terrible, Calvin was all abs and no personality until they randomly turned him evil, Sasha couldn't act and while Lauren could, they only ever made her miserable. Marquess had the right idea getting rid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was when I used to watch Hollyoaks.

Loved the Hunters, they really did feel like a real family.

I started watching in late 2003, those few years was when I enjoyed HO most probably.
  • habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Valentines were a good family unit? LOL.
    The Ashworths were ok, it would be nice to see Hannah again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching in late 2003, those few years was when I enjoyed HO most probably.

Yeah, I definitely agree. Hollyoaks was heading towards the end of its peak I think. When I've looked back, I must've started watching properly in about 2001 and I think I gave up in about 2005.

The Hunters were a great family, played by brilliant actors, but the burden of very heavy story lines (Ellie's disappearance, Lisa's self-harm, Les's alcohol problems) and then Dan's sudden death meant that the family were never going to manage more than a year.

I also loved Debbie Dean and was saddened that she didn't return for Steph's funeral in 2010.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habanala wrote: »
    The Valentines were a good family unit? LOL.
    The Ashworths were ok, it would be nice to see Hannah again

same
    her anarexio SL was very good and she showed herself to be a brilliant actress
    BK was such a good EP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not bothered about the Valentines but I liked the Ashworths. I loved Hannah, she's one of my favourite ever characters. Even if it was just for a couple of episodes it would be nice to see her back.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calvin wont come back as Ricky is doing well in LA for himself. Without him there isnt really a need for sasha and leo/danny and his sis

I like the Ashworths, they were a normal family and i think it was good that they were grounded like that similar to the deans
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    Calvin wont come back as Ricky is doing well in LA for himself.

Plus he's dead :p
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Plus he's dead :p

do a warren job :L bullet proof vest fake blood pouch withness protection wouldnt put it past hollyoaks:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Ashworths yes, Valentines no.
    The Ashworths still have a place in the village as Rhys is still there, Darren, the father of the twins, is still there and Hannah and Josh still have friends in the village. Plus I'm still hoping for Amy and Josh to get back together.
    The Valentines were okay in their time. But the only one that would really have a place in the village now would be Sasha, who still has links with Amy and Michaela, and I'd love to see her reaction to finding out Warren is alive.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the valentine couldnt act and are pointless without calvin and the ashworths are old bring back the hunters
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I liked them all, but I thought the Owens parents were a bit dull :o Russ/ Sam/ Nicole were quite interesting though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I liked them all, but I thought the Owens parents were a bit dull :o Russ/ Sam/ Nicole were quite interesting though :)

The mum was a teacher and the dad walked out and then came back or something did he? I remember the mum being pretty plain. I guess Sam going psycho pretty much tore them apart lol
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I would like the Ashworths but not the Valentines and only if they came back for a good reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    They killed the Ashworths when susanne came back pregnant with darrens babies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nathtay wrote: »
    They killed the Ashworths when susanne came back pregnant with darrens babies!

yeah that was one of the worst SL and now he doesnt even mention or care about them
    i would only like hannah ashworth to return
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't see the Ashworths comming back anymore, I would of said yes 2 years ago but now I don't see them comming back anytime soon....I do actually miss Hannah and Josh, I think both of them could make a return to visit Rhys but after they brought back Suzzanne in 2011, who was pregnant with Darren's twins, I think that destroyed the family...so yeah I don't think they can come back. As for the Valentines, they were okay....I wouldn't mind if Leo came back, I thought he had good chemistry with Myra:p eh but Sasha, I dunno, I liked Sasha before she was with Warren, her relationship with Amy,Josh and Mchaela I liked. Lauren was good, I liked her:) Didn't they leave with Valerie?:o they'd have to have more interesting SLs if they came back.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    The Valentines? You've got to be kidding me! It took long enough for them to leave!