Scrotal Recall

montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There was an episode last week and I noticed that there were three actresses from Misfits in it and I was going to comment on it, but I was surprised that there is no thread for it! While it's not a ground breaking comedy, it's quite watchable especially the bits with Antonia Thomas in them. :D

Do people think that it's not good enough to be worth commenting on, but not bad enough to get people worked up about it and that's why there's no thread? :D

Comments

• WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an episode last week and I noticed that there were three actresses from Misfits in it and I was going to comment on it, but I was surprised that there is no thread for it! While it's not a ground breaking comedy, it's quite watchable especially the bits with Antonia Thomas in them. :D

Do people think that it's not good enough to be worth commenting on, but not bad enough to get people worked up about it and that's why there's no thread? :D

Its not in the least bit funny but is still watchable.
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that it's watchable if not hugely funny. Johnny Flynn is very pretty although his shagger friend is a bit irritating.

Interesting that they seemed to have filmed it in Glasgow.
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite gentle comedy really. I was hoping for something like Plus One. It's nice enough and has a good cast with a peppering of names like Vicki Pepperdine or Daisy Beaumont, but it's obvious what will happen by the end, so I'm drifting away.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lasted about 5 minutes of the first episode :D
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would probably enjoy the humour in another setting, but its just half an hour of attractive peoples problems - so watching it just reminds me that im single and have a crap social life.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Gentle comedy as someone else said probably covers it, but I've lost track of the timeline and who's who (in terms of the ex's) already.
    Antonia Thomas has a certain something, but she's not Lenora Critchlow.
    Don't think much of the script really, but I'll probably stick with it, not sure why though.

Might go looking for Plus One now it's been mentioned, I remember finding that funny, even though I can't remember exactly what happened in it.
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gentle comedy as someone else said probably covers it, but I've lost track of the timeline and who's who (in terms of the ex's) already.
    Antonia Thomas has a certain something, but she's not Lenora Critchlow.
    Don't think much of the script really, but I'll probably stick with it, not sure why though.

Might go looking for Plus One now it's been mentioned, I remember finding that funny, even though I can't remember exactly what happened in it.

Daniel May's ex girlfriend (Miranda Raison) was getting married to Duncan from Blue, and had invited him plus one to the wedding, so he was trying to find the right girl to go with. IIRC, all the music in it was just different arrangements of All Rise, by Blue.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

I dare you to try 'GiveOut Girls' a rancid ripoff of 'Drifters', you will last about a minute with that, filmed over eighteen months ago and has shit on the shelf since then.

It's that bad Comedy Central were hesitating in airing it.
  • lylonic_xlylonic_x Posts: 2,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao scrotal like scrotum like u lol
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great name for a show and a good concept, but despite the best efforts of the cast it's not in the least bit funny.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dare you to try 'GiveOut Girls' a rancid ripoff of 'Drifters', you will last about a minute with that, filmed over eighteen months ago and has shit on the shelf since then.

It's that bad Comedy Central were hesitating in airing it.

I read a review of Give Out Girls which suggested it was pretty poor, so I don't think that even Diana Vickers being in it can make me want to watch it.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really enjoying Scrotal Recall, it is easy watching, I find the characters likeable and endearing. I think the title might put people off as it sounds like a juvenile laddish programme but it is really inoffensive.

Also enjoying Drifters which is a bit more risqué and sweary but the three main girls are great and I'm finding it really amusing.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Great name for a show and a good concept, but despite the best efforts of the cast it's not in the least bit funny.

I agree with both comments. I tried the first episode but it was just awful!
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it's any good or not but I just refuse to watch a show called Scrotal Recall, sometimes you just have to say no, enough is enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's any good or not but I just refuse to watch a show called Scrotal Recall, sometimes you just have to say no, enough is enough.

It's a shame as the title does it a disservice.

Those expecting it to be hilarious well I would say it is more a comedy drama than a sitcom so it is humorous but not laugh out loud.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think that it was supposed to be laugh out loud funny, but I found it very humorous.
    In addition, to quote my old sainted father, I could have drank Evie's bath water.
    When I was younger you understand.
    Forum Member
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    It's a shame as the title does it a disservice.

Those expecting it to be hilarious well I would say it is more a comedy drama than a sitcom so it is humorous but not laugh out loud.

Aye comedy/drama, had it's moments.
    Something very cold/off putting in it though and I don't have to like or care about characters to enjoy a comedy usually, that said I did feel something for Evie in the very last scene, I'll put that down the Antonia's skill.
    I probably need to find it online and watch it again, I'll probably get more out of it, but online players work like a sack of spanners for me generally.

As for the title, that could only be a problem for rather daft people IMO.
    The premise of the show was suitably covered in the trailer, if from that someone didn't think there was anything that drew them to the show, then fair enough.
  • brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was hillarious, good character development and a good cast. Comedy doesnt have to be in your face just to be funny.

The title probably put off its target audience and attracted people who just enjoy a lot of swearing and contraversial comedy.

They left the series on a bit of a cliffhanger so I hope they make a sequel.
    Forum Member
    brewer480 wrote: »
    I thought it was hillarious, good character development and a good cast. Comedy doesnt have to be in your face just to be funny.

The title probably put off its target audience and attracted people who just enjoy a lot of swearing and contraversial comedy.

They left the series on a bit of a cliffhanger so I hope they make a sequel.

Just out of interest, what sweary controversial comedies are you thinking of?
    I'd guess the 'target audience' were those of a similar age/background to those featured.

Maybe, apart from one (stupid) post on here nobody was put off by the title, it seems some FM's think others might have been put off, when they personally weren't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People scrolling the tv guide seeing the title Scrotal Recall would immediately come to a conclusion about what kind of show it is, maybe something like the Inbetweeners or American Pie I thought. There is so much on the telly that you often have to make a snap decision if it is going to be your cup of tea so I reckon they will have lost out on some viewers.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    It really grew on me, as did the characters. I found myself wanting to know what was going to happen next. I hope a second series happens 😊.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest, what sweary controversial comedies are you thinking of?
    I'd guess the 'target audience' were those of a similar age/background to those featured.

Maybe, apart from one (stupid) post on here nobody was put off by the title, it seems some FM's think others might have been put off, when they personally weren't.

Celebrity juice, south park, family guy, jimmy car live... to name a few. Comedies that are purely funny because they sit on the line of whats acceptable and too far...

The title scrotall recall gives u the impression its going to be one of those shows.

Reality was it was a lot less in your face and chilled comedy.

I like all the programs I mentiomed above but its very different comedy to what scotal recall is.

Very good comedy but a bad title and it looks like most people who whated it agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    It really grew on me, as did the characters. I found myself wanting to know what was going to happen next. I hope a second series happens 😊.

Same here I really got into it and hope for a season 2 especially leaving it on a cliffhanger.
  • kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I mentioned this programme in a posting the other day and wondered if there was a thread for it. Yes, there is. I found this series terrible. I lasted until 10 minutes in episode three and then deleted it. Unpleasant, unappealing characters held no attraction for me.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh. I'd give this one the sac