Indiana Jones reboot with Chris Pratt...

Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
Forum Member
✭✭
...maybe.

Still in the rumour phase at the moment.

My thought is that I would rather not have Ford back again in the role, he is too old and judging by the mess that was the last movie, I would not mind someone else having a go, rather than more of the same from the same old people again.

It's not that I am even that bothered about it - but I know there will be many who will cry 'Why? Why bother? leave it alone, we don't need another one' etc.

But we all know by now that if these things are going to happen, nothing we can do to stop them.

The only thing that bothers me a little is Chris Pratt. Because he has had a major hit, he seems to be up for major roles in major blockbusters as a matter of course, a flavour of the month thing. He is already in the new Jurassic Park.

It reminds me of Sam Worthington who went through a similar phase - came up through tv, landed a major role in Avatar, was given Terminator Salvation, Clash/Wrath of the Titans, and now seems to be settling back into second/third billing roles, and even video game voices. Never really rated him that much anyway.

And Pratt could go the same way very easily.

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    It's not that I am even that bothered about it - but I know there will be many who will cry 'Why? Why bother? leave it alone, we don't need another one' etc.

But we all know by now that if these things are going to happen, nothing we can do to stop them.

I agree with this. There's going to be loads of giving out about this.

I'd rather they made a new franchise, even if they just copy everything from Indy. But as you said, it's gonna happen. No stopping it.

I think Pratt is a good actor and could very well pull this off, provided he's given a good script and good co stars. I think people worry too much about the over saturation of certain actors. I don't mind seeing a lot of a certain actor if he's good enough. And I think Pratt is.

(Oh and Back to the Future will get rebooted too, nothing has been announced, but it IS going to happen)
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I think it's a bit harsh comparing Chris Pratt to Sam Worthington as Chris Pratt is a much better actor.I think that Chris Pratt is the perfect person to take over from Harrison Ford as they could have Ford make a cameo appearance to pass the torch over to Chris Pratt

However as the reports say this is a long way from actually happening although Im expecting a thread of posters complaining about reboots and lack of ideas in Hollywood soon!
    Forum Member
    Planned for 2018 / 2019 isn't it ?
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    However as the reports say this is a long way from actually happening although Im expecting a thread of posters complaining about reboots and lack of ideas in Hollywood soon!

I would say that. They are very unlikely to be as good as the originals and so would suffer in comparison. I'd actually suggest that if doing a remake then maybe doing something that was unsuccessful before would be better.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a bit harsh comparing Chris Pratt to Sam Worthington as Chris Pratt is a much better actor.I think that Chris Pratt is the perfect person to take over from Harrison Ford as they could have Ford make a cameo appearance to pass the torch over to Chris Pratt

I think so far Pratt has got by on likeability and charisma, rather than acting ability.

Whether that is enough to carry a major franchise with an iconic character remains to be seen.
    Forum Member
    Well Im hoping that the Indiana Jones revival would be better than the 4th Indiana Jones film with Harrison Ford
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's handsome and he's fun.

He could be great.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i was Pratt i would leave well alone. I think someone needs to have a quiet word in his ear about this.

He's already starring in 2 franchises already - Marvel's GOTG and Jurassic Park which is also a reboot. The last thing he should be doing is starring in a third franshise and especially not Indiana Jones which is going to be another reboot. He's going to be spreading himself very thin indeed.

Big mistake imo.
    Forum Member
    I thought Jurassic World was a restart of the franchise not a reboot as Isnt it set 22 years after the first film?

Although I get your point about him overdosing on franchises!
    Forum Member
    I don't think he's doing too many franchises. He has Jurassic World this year, and then Indy and GotG2 in three or four years time. The guys gotta work.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Jurassic World was a restart of the franchise not a reboot as Isnt it set 22 years after the first film?

Although I get your point about him overdosing on franchises!

Well if it's the restart of a franchise is it not still a reboot of the whole thing about dinosaurs being on a park?
    Forum Member
    It seems I got it wrong using the word restart as the definition of reboot is a restart of a previous film franchise that discards the previous continuity

Jurassic World is just a continuation of the franchise and not a restart or reboot
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Hardy or Michael Fassbender would be better, Pratt's not serious enough.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really have run out of movie ideas then
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some characters that are just synonymous with a specific actor and should not be done by anyone else and Indiana Jones is one of them.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to reboot Jaws! Harrison Ford as Quint, Chris Pratt as Brody and Daniel Radcliffe as Hooper.

It's a sure-fire hit!

Then reboot Back to the Future. Michael J Fox can play the older Marty McFly, Daniel Radcliffe the 1980s version who goes back to 1943 and fights Hitler (played by Chris Pratt) Ford can play Churchill.

It's a sure-fire hit!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Time to reboot Jaws! Harrison Ford as Quint, Chris Pratt as Brody and Daniel Radcliffe as Hooper.

It's a sure-fire hit!

Then reboot Back to the Future. Michael J Fox can play the older Marty McFly, Daniel Radcliffe the 1980s version who goes back to 1943 and fights Hitler (played by Chris Pratt) Ford can play Churchill.

It's a sure-fire hit!

Nothing will ever make me forget Jonah Hill's terrible and bat-shit crazy idea of merging 21 Jump Street with Men in Black. Nothing.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    They really have run out of movie ideas then
    Spacedone wrote: »
    There are some characters that are just synonymous with a specific actor and should not be done by anyone else and Indiana Jones is one of them.

^^^^^^^
    This

I'm still trying to come to terms with someone else playing Mad Max :o
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spacedone wrote: »

Until the end of time?

I think when an actor gets to a certain age, they can 'pass on' the character to a younger guy. Audiences understand why it's happening too.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they'd got the casting of his son right in the last film, they could have continued the existing franchise rather than rebooting it.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive always thought Bradley cooper would make an excellent Indiana Jones
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

It's a sure-fire hit!

It's a sure-fire hit!
    Melissa McCarthy as Jaws.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Can't we just re-cast him as Indy's son?

I do remember the rumour before the cast was announced that Harrison Ford only signed up for Star Wars if he got another crack as Indy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    why can't harrison ford play Indy again? Who says he is too old? Just have Indy older as well.Disney has control of Indy now and I can't see them making the same mistakes that were in crystal skull.they would do I good job I reckon.wait till we see what they've done with star wars and I think people will be on for another Indy film with ford.if it had to be a reboot,then give it another 20 years.its too soon to do one now.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Can't people come up with original characters anymore?