Options

When does it start?

BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
Forum Member
✭✭
When does this series of th Apprentice start???

Comments

• Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    We don't know a date yet, but I think the consensus is that it will be around October. It's late this year, for some reason.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    It's because of the World Cup. For Series 6, the last series it was delayed, it started in early October and finished on the last week before Christmas. Therefore, my prediction is that Series 10 will begin on the 1st of October and finish on the 17th of October, although I would have no objection to it starting earlier than that :p
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    It's because of the World Cup. For Series 6, the last series it was delayed, it started in early October and finished on the last week before Christmas. Therefore, my prediction is that Series 10 will begin on the 1st of October and finish on the 17th of October, although I would have no objection to it starting earlier than that :p

With almost each day an episode :D;-)

It is still so far away, as it is still almost 4 months from now.

If the series does continue next year, it will probably return with another autumn slot. We will probably find out in a few months time, if you are given the opportunity to apply for the next series.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I presume you mean the 17th of December, unless you're expecting a two-week long series? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I presume you mean the 17th of December, unless you're expecting a two-week long series? :D

Oh yes, haha :D
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know a date yet, but I think the consensus is that it will be around October. It's late this year, for some reason.

aww that's ages !

thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised you never knew!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Presumably couldn't be shown before the WC because of Alan Sugar and his political side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Presumably couldn't be shown before the WC because of Alan Sugar and his political side.

Why would that cause an issue? I can see why it would with the general election, but not with football. I thought not wanting to clash with the World Cup was just due to scheduling arrangements.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Correct.

What does Alan Sugar's political connections have to do with football?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, I didn't really read that, I thought by WC he meant something to do with the Election in 2015.

I'm not sure what walterwhite's getting at though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, I didn't really read that, I thought by WC he meant something to do with the Election in 2015.

I'm not sure what walterwhite's getting at though...

I'm sure it is because of the World Cup that the series is being delayed, but I presume that's to do with scheduling decisions and wanting to get ratings, not to do with politics.

What I don't understand is why the first series of Junior Apprentice was broadcast right in the middle of the 2010 General Election. If Series 6 was delayed because it wasn't appropriate for Alan Sugar to be presenting a reality show right in the middle of it, it seems odd that Junior Apprentice went ahead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, this series is because of the World Cup, but next year will likely be delayed because of the election.

The thing that annoys me is that the World Cup only started a few days ago! And so they could have just aired a tenth series from March to June as normal if they'd just got their act togehter! So basically, they have no excuse...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would that cause an issue? I can see why it would with the general election, but not with football. I thought not wanting to clash with the World Cup was just due to scheduling arrangements.

I didn't say it had anything to do with football. They aren't going to show it during the WC because of scheduling and they couldn't show it before because of the elections.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, this series is because of the World Cup, but next year will likely be delayed because of the election.

The thing that annoys me is that the World Cup only started a few days ago! And so they could have just aired a tenth series from March to June as normal if they'd just got their act togehter! So basically, they have no excuse...

They'll have to delay the next series anyway, because there wouldn't be time to make another one between Series 10 and the normal start time next year. In 2010/11 they got away with that by making Series 7 whilst Series 6 was still being broadcast, but that can't happen this time because the next series hasn't been commissioned yet. So while it would have to be delayed due to the election, it would be delayed regardless.
    I didn't say it had anything to do with football. They aren't going to show it during the WC because of scheduling and they couldn't show it before because of the elections.

'Presumably couldn't be shown before the WC because of Alan Sugar and his political side.' That seems to me to suggest that for some reason Alan Sugar's politics were a conflict of interest with the World Cup being on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They'll have to delay the next series anyway, because there wouldn't be time to make another one between Series 10 and the normal start time next year. In 2010/11 they got away with that by making Series 7 whilst Series 6 was still being broadcast, but that can't happen this time because the next series hasn't been commissioned yet. So while it would have to be delayed due to the election, it would be delayed regardless.

'Presumably couldn't be shown before the WC because of Alan Sugar and his political side.' That seems to me to suggest that for some reason Alan Sugar's politics were a conflict of interest with the World Cup being on.

Oh christ, sorry if I didn't word it to your exacting standards. Hopefully my further explanation is good enough for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh christ, sorry if I didn't word it to your exacting standards. Hopefully my further explanation is good enough for you.

Obviously people don't have to be entirely grammatically correct on a forum (personally I tend to be, but that's personal choice) but the way you said it before actually came across to be saying something different to what I think you were trying to say. What do you expect me to do in that situation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously people don't have to be entirely grammatically correct on a forum (personally I tend to be, but that's personal choice) but the way you said it before actually came across to be saying something different to what I think you were trying to say. What do you expect me to do in that situation?

You were right to question it and I clarified what I meant. I don't expect you to keep whingeing on about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You were right to question it and I clarified what I meant. I don't expect you to keep whingeing on about it.

I don't think I whinged. You said 'I didn't say it had anything to do with football', which to me suggested that you didn't realise how your previous statement had come across, so I used that as an example to explain how it sounded from my perspective. Is there an issue here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think I whinged. You said 'I didn't say it had anything to do with football', which to me suggested that you didn't realise how your previous statement had come across, so I used that as an example to explain how it sounded from my perspective. Is there an issue here?

Only while you keep going on about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only while you keep going on about it.

I don't think that I have said anything that has not been in direct response to what you are saying. There isn't an issue to me, to you there clearly is one. If you have a problem with the way I go about talking to people, you are very welcome to discuss it with me.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has this series that is waiting to be aired been filmed last year? i.e. when it goes to air in October, it will already be a year old?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deivu74 wrote: »
    So has this series that is waiting to be aired been filmed last year? i.e. when it goes to air in October, it will already be a year old?

No. That was the case in Series 6 but this series was just filmed a few months back.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. That was the case in Series 6 but this series was just filmed a few months back.

I always associate The Apprentice with autumn. When it starts getting dark earlier and you see the apprentices getting out of bed in the dark and coming home in the dark, it gives it a kind of cosy feel. Hopefully they will have filmed this series before the clocks went forward so it doesn't lose that.