Comments

• Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible storyline. Who's the father then?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear...
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llgx wrote: »

This what is say about the father.
    Viewers will discover that Faye is already several months pregnant, but the father is not a character currently in the show. While fans weren't aware of it at the time, Faye made a terrible mistake by sleeping with a boy while out at a party with friends last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Viewers will discover that Faye is already several months pregnant, but the father is not a character currently in the show. While fans weren't aware of it at the time, Faye made a terrible mistake by sleeping with a boy while out at a party with friends last year.

Another pointless character to be brought into the show then.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another pointless character to be brought into the show then.

Probably like Sarah's baby daddy Neil I think he was called, the teen dads hardly ever get any coverage in theses type of storylines.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

Re the spoiler - that is pretty much wjat i had assumed happened at the time. Remember when she came back from a party crying but wouldn't tell anybody what was wrong - just stayed upstairs. Soon afterwards we learnt she was being bullied on social media with Craig sticking up for her

So, she sleeps with somebody at this party and gets upset either because she just doesn't like the experience (hardly surprising at 12) or the other people there find out (perhaps the boy tells them) and they start calling her a sl++ etc. Or both.
  • Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a copy of Sarah-Louise 15 years ago - it does imply she will keep the baby as a termination is not vialbe due to time lapsed.

As Sarah-lou will be back perhaps she can advise her?
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Re the spoiler - that is pretty much wjat i had assumed happened at the time. Remember when she came back from a party crying but wouldn't tell anybody what was wrong - just stayed upstairs. Soon afterwards we learnt she was being bullied on social media with Craig sticking up for her

So, she sleeps with somebody at this party and gets upset either because she just doesn't like the experience (hardly surprising at 12) or the other people there find out (perhaps the boy tells them) and they start calling her a sl++ etc. Or both.

Looks like your right KitKat. I've read an article that says the whole thing kicks off next month when Faye discovers she is six months pregnant and the baby is due around Easter. This fits into the time of when she came home from that party, which must of been about August/ September last year. Not looking forward to Anna's shrieks:o
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member

Owen :o

Or Phelan, he came round for seconds with Anna and she was not in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know what, I wouldn't even be surprised anymore lol.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

or Gary. Here is one viewer who will give the show a miss for a few months; hopefully by then the whole Windass - Owen clan will be history. The spoilers say that Faye slept with a boy; you don't get pregnant by sleeping with a boy, you have to have sex, which is illegal at 12 years old.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More screen time for the delightful Faye. Just what we've all been crying out for...
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe that those in charge at Corrie really think anyone will be interested in this storyline.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So basically a rehash of the Sarah storyline, does Blackburn really think we are this stupid. It was bad enough Gail crying "oh Sarah Lou" for months on end. I don't know how I'll cope with Ma Windass screaming her head off again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe this repulsive storyline is actually happening.

No doubt either Owen or Gary will be arrested on suspected kiddie fiddling. *snore*
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    This is a copy of Sarah-Louise 15 years ago - it does imply she will keep the baby as a termination is not vialbe due to time lapsed.

As Sarah-lou will be back perhaps she can advise her?
    She will have scenes with Katy, Sarah Lou and Bethany, no doubt.

Frankly what a pile of rehashed sh*t. I'm sorry but the actress isn't good enough to pull off this pregnancy and what kind of message does it send out? The idea of her pushing a pram across the cobbles feels me with sadness.

The whole Windbag-Armstrong clan are a horrid bunch and much as we loathe Gail she's 10x the mum Anna is. She was a brilliant character in her pomp and the Platts were the strongest family unit.

Sarah's pregnancy worked because it wasn't about her having sex. It made the family come together, although Martin was copping off with Rebecca. Plus you had Blanche muttering away in disapproval (gymslip mum :D), Candice as a friend and Audreh there.

Audreh's reaction is gold.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I am dreading the most is Anna's reaction.

"FAAAAAYE!" *groan*
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact that the article says "whilst fans weren't aware of it at the time" when thanks to the fact the the storyline had been announced, nearly everyone on the Corrie thread guessed the instant Faye came rushing in crying and running upstairs:D.

If Corrie don't want fan to be aware of plots, maybe they should avoid telling everyone about them months in advance;-):kitty:.
  • Options
    BatanyaBatanya Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, at a time when teenage pregnancy is finally in decline, they chuck in a story like this. (Not that a 12 year old is a "teenager")

I suppose it will be like every other pregnancy storyline in Soapland, she will have the baby, (probably in Gail's front room, or the pub or the bistro etc etc), everyone will mention "sleepless nights" a few times, then Faye's life will go on as normal. The baby will put in a few appearances, it won't then be seen again for 10 years, after which it will turn up back on the cobbles as a deranged serial killer/lesbian/shifty character with a "secret"/pregnant at 12.....you get the picture?

Zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Scooter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I remember the previous actress who played Sarah-Louise was replaced by Tina O'Brien several months before her pregnancy storyline. There were 3 years difference in age between actress and character, although Tina looked young enough to be a convincing 13 year old (still does!) The actress who plays Faye just isn't up to this story line imo..I was really hoping they'd shelved the stupid idea!
  • Options
    Liv1Liv1 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Oh for gods sake >:( I really hoped they'd realised everyone hated this ridiculous idea for a storyline, can't believe they're actually going through with giving Faye and the Windasses more screentime :(
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Looks like your right KitKat. I've read an article that says the whole thing kicks off next month when Faye discovers she is six months pregnant and the baby is due around Easter. This fits into the time of when she came home from that party, which must of been about August/ September last year. Not looking forward to Anna's shrieks:o
    No, and I'm not looking forward to how she finds out. Discarded pregnancy test in t'Windass bin?
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Oh gawd, I'd hoped they weren't serious about going through with this storyline. :( Can it not just be an early April Fools?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yea, i remember her running upstairs in a mood after the friends party and Katy went to see if she was ok