Who is your least favourite UK artist?

2»

Comments

• GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Jessie J because she's been annoying the crap out of me lately.
    JLS definitely come a close second.
  • Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    The Saturdays are probably the most insanely redundant and empty. Every time I see them I worry I'll be sucked into the void.

Adele is ridiculously overhyped...the current MOR female du jour, the latest in a string of bland female acts who we're all supposed to ooh and aah over despite them adding zero to their genre, making their name on someone else's song and quickly falling into repetition (see Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Duffy and co.)

Jessie J is just a joke. (Alliteration for the win)

So who did you vote for?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie J, i'm bored of her :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your vote is crap because i hate them all
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont have nothing bad said about Mr Nail. :p

Ditto. Sure he sounded like a foghorn, but Ain't No Doubt; Crocodile Shoes; Cowboy Dreams & Big River are good records.

Unlike a Geordie whom I voted for in this poll, most famous for a song reworked by Vic Reeves' Pub Singer as "We've got to fight, fight, fight, fight, fight in this club..."
    :D
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't vote. There wasn't an option for "All of the above"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all of them. they all suck
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ditto. Sure he sounded like a foghorn, but Ain't No Doubt; Crocodile Shoes; Cowboy Dreams & Big River are good records.

Unlike a Geordie whom I voted for in this poll, most famous for a song reworked by Vic Reeves' Pub Singer as "We've got to fight, fight, fight, fight, fight in this club..."
    :D

As a geordie, Big River still sends shivers down my spine when I hear it.

I liked most of Jimmy Nails songs
  • MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listen to way more chart music now I drive, thanks to that amazing 21st century invention called a radio.

JLS and Olly Murs are both an absolute turn-off. I think they're useless. In terms of non-UK, ditto Black Eyed Peas and Usher.

Ugh.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of them are terrible, but I had to vote for JLS for being the most insipid, bland and temporary of the lot.

The Wanted and N-Dubz should both be on that list as well, atrocious acts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    All of them are terrible, but I had to vote for JLS for being the most insipid, bland and temporary of the lot.

The Wanted and N-Dubz should both be on that list as well, atrocious acts.

I think if they expanded that list to 30 current chart stars I would still want to vote for them all:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    All of the above
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Gosh, between The Saturdays, Cheryl Cole and JLS...

The rest I can bare with, but those three are shit beyond belief!:eek:
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Coldplay.

I like at least one track from those listed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Cheryl Cole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    JLS, but Chipmunk neeeeds to be an option.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i voted jls. i am really disappointed with their recent singles. simular to westlife. they hooked everyone with the first three singles and put out dross for what seems like forever!

cheryl cole is going the same way. loved her singles from `3 words`, not so fussed on the last two. she rushed the second album out and it shows.

as for adele, i think she is great. i`m not so sure she is the `flash in the pan` someone else posted. she as had a good year, however `19` was hardly a flop. so she has out lasted duffy at least.
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for Olly Murs, terrible singer.

I also dislike JLS, Cheryl Cole and Ellie Goulding
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Adele is ridiculously overhyped...the current MOR female du jour, the latest in a string of bland female acts who we're all supposed to ooh and aah over despite them adding zero to their genre, making their name on someone else's song and quickly falling into repetition (see Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Duffy and co.)

Jessie J is just a joke. (Alliteration for the win)

70% of Jessie J's album is like that as well.The rest is just gimmicky.You could add Clare Maguire as well.
    Are under 30 year olds so lame these days that they are listening to this stuff.Then there's stuff like Paulo Nutini & Mumford & Sons + the rest of the West London Folk scene etc.Don't blame older people for listening to it - it's nice to listen to something during our afternoon nap isn't it :p
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for Biffer - Ellie Goulding a close second, she's dismally insipid.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Alesha Dixon.

How embarrassing, I thought this was a vote for my favourite act. :o
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I've voted JLS but didn't see Cheryl Cole in the running. Cheryl is the least talented (Some of JLS can actually sing, it's the material I can't stand)
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like all of them. How about berks like Robbie Williams?
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J

although it was hard to pick between her, Adele (will they ever stop playing that bl**dy song!! :mad:) and Cheryl Cole