Options

Why is it always the women that get voted out? (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    SwoonSwoon Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Meanwhile in BBUS four women remain and one guy.

Just saying. :)
    I've never watched BBUS. Does the public vote there, or the housemates?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    No its just BB's choices of women are always cast to appeal to male viewers however women dont relate to the stereotypical dolly birds more often then note, and women are the main body of viewers thus they arent as favoured and go sooner! :D

Bingo!
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    Double post, deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know why this happens every year same old same old...What has this women done that is so wrong that this rent a crowd are booing her?....Get to mention the young guy's names & it's cheer's all around!...Who are these idiot's?:eek:

Yeah. Bobbys cheers were deafening, werent they?
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last three winners of Big Brother have been female, and I bet Amy and Kerry would have survived comfortably if they had been up for the vote tonight.

I think Tara got booted out because she didn't come across terribly well and because UK viewers are not all that familiar with her - so there wasn't much of an existing fanbase to act as a cushion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    The last three winners of Big Brother have been female, and I bet Amy and Kerry would have survived comfortably if they had been up for the vote tonight.

I think Tara got booted out because she didn't come across terribly well and because UK viewers are not all that familiar with her.

I've been saying this for the past few hours but it falls on deaf ears I'm afraid :(

Apparently the last 3 winners dont count, because overall, there have been more male winners :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vicky. wrote: »
    I've been saying this for the past few hours but it falls on deaf ears I'm afraid :(

Apparently the last 3 winners dont count, because overall, there have been more male winners :rolleyes:

Think you missed the point somewhat but still
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are Sally, Pamela and even Tara Dolly birds? And yet Amy who could very much be perceived as a Dolly bird is very popular with females apparently. Now Bobby and Lucien are imo male versions of Dolly birds so why do they stay whatever they do? Flirt with all and sundry, put sweat in someone's drink.

Compeletly pee'd off with the sexism in BB and Vote to Save seems to have given the sexists all the power.

Oh by the way my comment was general BB not neccessarily this one, but anyways.....

Pamela, EX baywatch clearly for a older audience. She is very attractive. So Shes a bit off both, looks casting and someone for older viewers.

TR seriously, clearly a casting for looks. Although her 'name' would have added some credibility for BB.

Sally now she was cast for her controversial personality. Much more interesting but naturally 'Sweetheart' Kerry was saved:rolleyes: and wallpaper Bobby!

Amy IS without a doubt a Dolly bird, there for males and for media coverage to shift Papers with Bikini shots etc. She isnt exactly exciting, deep etc she is a bland character shes the female bobby. Eyecandy nothing more. The reason she relates to younger viewers is because alot have watched trash Reality TV like Towie, it would be the same with Lauren Conrad, Id watch if she appeared as a fan of the show.

Can I ask why you think its sexist when we have wallpaper, eyecandy casting like Dale, Bobby etc. Im as fed up with those bland hm's and the female version.:confused:

I agree though that its irritating when the male equivalent dont get voted out, they use to be the last few years the age of viewers have lowered and I think younger viewers (sorry some) dont care about storyline/role/ or personality. But at the same time you have men that vote to save the women simply for shallow reasonings. But because male viewers are fewer their impact in votes is much weaker.

Voting to save will not see an end to such hm's sadly. :(

I think if anyone is sexist here its BB, because their casting of female hm's is usually very shallow, I want deeper hm's, if they want looks fine but have good looking interesting hm's.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bingo!

Thanks Im glad someone can see the pattern at play.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swoon wrote: »
    And yet male house bitches like Darryn, Bobby and Lucien won't go. I wonder why.

Unfair advantage would be my guess, more female viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's women who vote predominantly, with Facebook, twitter etc it's usually younger women. The like of Sally, Tara and Pamela have no fanbase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anielled wrote: »
    Think you missed the point somewhat but still
    Nope, was responding to that post...not the OP. Sorry :)
  • Options
    geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

I think Tara got booted out because she didn't come across terribly well and because UK viewers are not all that familiar with her - so there wasn't much of an existing fanbase to act as a cushion.

Most people who are complaining are saying that at least one woman stays to the end and yes a woman does win sometimes but you cannot deny the onslaught on female hms early doors and that is most years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimmyangel wrote: »
    It's women who vote, with Facebook, twitter etc it's usually younger women. The like of Sally, Tara and Pamela have no fanbase.

I think if Sally had been more like her VT rather than the house whinge she would have stayed, but sadly not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people who are complaining are saying that at least one woman stays to the end and yes a woman does win sometimes but you cannot deny the onslaught on female hms early doors and that is most years.

Again, the types BB cast are genrally more appealing to males then female viewers, thus the percentage come evictions is more favoured towards male hm's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to also point out the reality tv and wag culture amongst young girls.
  • Options
    geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Oh by the way my comment was general BB not neccessarily this one, but anyways.....

Pamela, EX baywatch clearly for a older audience. She is very attractive. So Shes a bit off both, looks casting and someone for older viewers.

TR seriously, clearly a casting for looks. Although her 'name' would have added some credibility for BB.

Sally now she was cast for her controversial personality. Much more interesting but naturally 'Sweetheart' Kerry was saved:rolleyes: and wallpaper Bobby!

Amy IS without a doubt a Dolly bird, there for males and for media coverage to shift Papers with Bikini shots etc. She isnt exactly exciting, deep etc she is a bland character shes the female bobby. Eyecandy nothing more. The reason she relates to younger viewers is because alot have watched trash Reality TV like Towie, it would be the same with Lauren Conrad, Id watch if she appeared as a fan of the show.

Can I ask why you think its sexist when we have wallpaper, eyecandy casting like Dale, Bobby etc. Im as fed up with those bland hm's and the female version.:confused:

I agree though that its irritating when the male equivalent dont get voted out, they use to be the last few years the age of viewers have lowered and I think younger viewers (sorry some) dont care about storyline/role/ or personality. But at the same time you have men that vote to save the women simply for shallow reasonings. But because male viewers are fewer their impact in votes is much weaker.

Voting to save will not see an end to such hm's sadly. :(

I think if anyone is sexist here its BB, because their casting of female hm's is usually very shallow, I want deeper hm's, if they want looks fine but have good looking interesting hm's.:)

The second bib answers the first bib I'd say and regarding the third bib, thats just what I said more or less.

With refernce to the last bib, BB et al are sexist as far as I'm concerned, no problrm with admitting that.
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    It seems like the producers cast girls on looks and nothing else. Looks alone aren't enough to keep someone in the house. I know people reckon blokes are kept in on looks alone, but I really don't think this is the case. Take Bobby for example. People are saying he is boring and should be gone. But its not as if hes sat around doing nothing is it, he picked up a lot of jedwards votes by standing up for them, joins in the fun and was part of one of the most controversial moments of this CBB, sweatgate.

Even Lucien. BB viewers seem to eat up all this fake romance thing, and he has a showmance going on right now. I believe this is why he was saved, not because of his looks.

Put quite simply, the male wall flowers seem more likely to actually DO things in the house aswell as looking pretty9and if they dont, they ARE voted out. Kris is a fine example of this, out as soon as he was up, despite being good looking). The female wall flowers dont seem to get involved and would rather spend their days preening themselves or lying out in a bikini.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    garbage456 wrote: »
    cant they have a surprise eviction and vote out 2 men and bring in 2 women celebs

It's interesting that the 3 people the audience know least about have been voted off, probably Bobby will be the first out in the final followed by Lucien .... Kerry, Emma, Paddy and Darryn have all been in other reality shows therefore people know more about them then they do about the 3 who have been evicted Jedward are being edited as idiots as that's the way they earn their money, they must have separate conversations with other HM's but we aren't seeing that............More evidence that people stick with who they already know, as 45 minutes out of 24 hours isn't enough time to get to know someone properly and make a fair judgement on them.
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The majority of voters are female.

The beginning, middle and end of the explanation, as quoted above.

Call it stereotypical, but it's true.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Its not Women who get voted out but Inteligent+attractive Women that do. Dolly birds and one fat one did manage to stay on and win.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    Its not Women who get voted out but Inteligent+attractive Women that do. Dolly birds and one fat one did manage to stay on and win.:D

Rachel was quite intelligent and attractive. In my opinion of course.

What happened that day? Did all these horrible jealous women just forget to vote?
  • Options
    SwoonSwoon Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What happened that day? Did all these horrible jealous women just forget to vote?
    She was horribly booed on the way out. The alternative was the blind guy who didn't deserve to win just for his blindness.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member

I was actually going to add her as the anomaly.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sally, Pamela and Tara were not cast just for their looks though, good looking though they all were. Sally was obviously cast as token posho, Pamela as poignantly faded Hollywood nutjob and Tara as beautiful but scary wildcat. Only Amy is really there for the bikini shots. Lucien and Bobby are much more obviously pretty boys and nothing else on their casting call.

Oh I know. The celeb version is a little different to the normal version.

Sally would not have gone first IMO if bobby hadnt been a prick that week. There was 1% in it, and he was just really lucky.

Pamela, lovely woman, but didnt really do anything.

Tara, I'm a bit baffled by, I must admit. Her reception was awful too. She did not deserve that. Im pretty sure the vote between all 4 of them will have been pretty close though.