Love this time of year!!!

13»

Comments

• tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    you know what they say aboute september babies? drunken christmas mistakes :D...

Probably was in my case :p! I genuinely feel sorry that Mum put up with my Dad for so long...

On a lighter note, I've nothing against Autumn and Winter. As I've said before, it's easier to warm up at this time of the year than it is to cool down during the Summer. I cope better with warm weather now than I used to.

I like going for so-called 'power walks' and the routes I take are always quiet this time of the year, so that's another good thing. The gym and pool I use are also noticeably quiet this time of the year. You're more likely to go in the evening and have the place to yourself. I can't fault that!

There's also a part of me that likes wearing a jumper, an outdoor coat, scarf and a pair of gloves. I don't think I'm alone in that.
    Forum Member
    There are quite a few large wasps around still too!...

You're right about that! I was out walking yesterday lunchtime and out of nowhere this huge bee started buzzing around my head. I saw a wasp on Monday too. Horrid things.
  • hammondshammonds Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    So do I, but unfortunately, nobody else in my family does! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I love this time of year too :)
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cozy indoors and brisk crisp weather outside. nice womblike feeling. how pleasant. unless u happen to be struuggling with energy bills, or homeless ..........

the point of christmas carol Good King Wenceslas i think ......
    Forum Member
    hammonds wrote: »
    So do I, but unfortunately, nobody else in my family does! :(

I can empathise with you on that. Mine all seem to go into 'Bah Humbug' mode and moan about everything from being too cold to hating Christmas. I've given up pointing out that things might not be so bad to a certain relative if she actually wore a coat if she's that cold.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    unless u happen to be struuggling with energy bills, or homeless

Can we keep this the lighthearted thread it was intended to be? Cheers. :)

Glad to see so many people coming out in support of autumn/winter. In real life people tend to think you're a right weirdo when you say you don't like summer.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Autumn/Winter here! Love the build up to Christmas and like the early dark nights too. I think most other people have already mentioned what I would say, but I love it.
  • electronelectron Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes love this time of year, to look forward to increased Energy Bills and the overhype of Christmas.
    Oh lets not forget you can get all you're Christmas presents cheaper in January.
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate the winter time, i think it's mainly because i have had a lot of bad experiences around this time of the year in the past.

The summer time for me is the best time of the year, i just feel so much happier and fresh, in the winter i can be kinda miserable and a little depressed at times, it doesn't feel nice.

I guess the winter blues is not a myth :p
  • pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby94 wrote: »
    Yes!!!! Me too!!!!

I think I've got the opposite of S.A.D. - my mood lifts the minute September hits.

Lol, in exactly the same. All my friends think I'm mad for liking autumn and winter, but I love it. Its so cosy.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this as I have just had my first mince pie of the Christmas season - and absolutely delicious it was too. There is something magic about your first taste of Christmas each year. I am feeling so festive it's unreal - I'm not usually so fussed about it but for some reason I'm so into the holidays now. Maybe it's the fact that it's low key now as everyone in my family gets a little older and we don't pressure ourselves too much? It feels like a gentle, relaxed time at the moment and I love it. :)
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Room for another?
    I love this time of year, everyone thinks I am crazy as I save my holiday days for winter. I love the coziness of the nights. Looking forward to Christmas. The tv shows great stuff. I could go on.
    Always have liked Autumn winter from August till about April I am always stupidly happy. Hate summer though
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Huge fan here too the rain keeps the noisy kids in my street indoors :D peace and not a bouncing football all day long to be heard :D

Love being snug as a bug on these cold nights :D far better than summer where it's too bright at night and you want to sleep in the freezer to get cool :D

Thanks for the idea :D I love summer but I'll have to try sleeping in the freezer next summer :D