Comments

• PorterjohPorterjoh Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I'm IN A BATHROBE, YOU JACKASS!

Room Service is awesome.
  • Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought that Frasier and Roz should end up together but I don't think that would have been authentic, I remember reading that every season the writers/producers talked about it but they couldn't find a way to really justify it for the characters. It almost seemed like they were going to go that way at the end of season 10, with the Julia arc but I think maybe they changed their minds in between seasons.

They should have found a way to make it work. It was lazy writing imo. I mean, she's smart, she's gorgeous, whats not to like?
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Daphne's Family...:eek:....but I liked it when they mentioned her weight.

The accents didn't bother me as much as the Manchester scenes, it was an English Pub out of the deep American imagination, I half expected to see Gollum lurking in the corner somewhere and Dick Van Dyke performing "Me Ol' Bamboo".

Surreal.
  • Lamin_AtorLamin_Ator Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Martin and Niles have to pretend to be a gay couple
  • MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode I can recall is when Fraser met and had a fling with a gorgeous looking celebrity but nobody believed him :)
  • Stranded1012345Stranded1012345 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichPlat wrote: »
    Best episode I can recall is when Fraser met and had a fling with a gorgeous looking celebrity but nobody believed him :)

Frasier's Imaginary Friend. it's gold.

Some of my favourites:

Three Dates and Break-up - Sherry time and time again ruining Frasier's dates.
    The Ski Lodge - All that room swapping. Hilarious.
    The Matchmaker - Probably the critics favourite. When Frasier accidentally sets himself up with a man he had intended to set up with Daphne.
    Out With Dad - Need I say more? Martin at his funniest.
    RDWRER - Loved Niles getting into the wrong RV.
    Travels with Martin - Genius episode.
    Dr. Nora - Christine Baranski is so amazing. Easily one of my favourite Frasier guest-stars. The scene at the end where her mother chases her around the station and she's screaming like a lunatic gets me everytime.
    All the Christmas episodes were great, my favourite probably being Frasier Grinch
    Bad Dog - Definitely the strongest Bulldog episode, when he takes credit for protecting Roz when in actual fact he was using her as a shield when he thought a shoot-out was about to happen LOL!
    An Affair to Forget - Niles and the man he accuses of having an affair with Maris engaging in a sword fight is one of the funniest scenes from a sitcom ever.
    There's Something About Dr. Mary - Because Dr. Mary is hysterical.
    A Lilith Thanksgiving - the running joke that Martin keeps injuring poor Frederic is genius.
    Three Valentines needs a mention for the brilliant opening where there's no dialogue but we watch Niles make a complete farce of ironing his trousers in Frasier's apartment.
    Moon Dance isn't THAT funny, it's good, but it's more of a beautiful episode and the one that got me on board with the Niles/Daphne romance, as before that I wasn't that fussed.

Goodnight, Seattle is also one of my favourite ever finales. It's just a shame Daphne's family featured in it. Although I did enjoy the joke that nobody could understand what Robbie Coltrane's character was saying.

i'm currently re-watching the series and I may be slightly biased as I've just passed season two, but I think my favourite ever episode might be The Innkeepers, where Frasier and Niles open a restaurant. Comedic brilliance all round.

Freudian Sleep was the only episode during the ENTIRE run that I thought "that was dreadful" when it finished. I skip that episode when I go through the boxset. I also wasn't the biggest fan of the episodes where characters from Cheers turned up, as funnily enough I didn't get into that series. Lilith aside obviously. And the Woody one wasn't bad.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the episodes where Frasier and Niles get caught out on their pretentiousness

there's one about them mocking the restaurant where Martin likes to eat out

there's another one about them joining some posh club

and one that involves a fight outside the coffee shop

And the 'farce; episodes.........for example

the one in the winter chalet

the one in Niles' house which might have involved the wife that we never see and stuff being put on the fire........my memory is a bit vague on that one

the one in a hotel room when Niles is having a fling with Lilith
  • claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite episodes is 'To Kill a Talking Bird' when Niles invites his new neighbours to dinner. A Parrot flies onto his head, digs its claws in and won't let go 😀
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MichPlat wrote: »

One of Frasier's best ever rants. To his disbelieving family (after Niles has brought up the precedent of Frasier's childhood imaginary friendship with Leonard Bernstein) -
    "I am Not Crazy!!
    I am dating a supermodel zoologist, who I stole away from a professional football player, and she is off to the Galapagos islands to artificially inseminate iguanas!
    Is that so hard to believe...?"
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourites is The Two Mrs Cranes where Daphne's ex boyfriend Clive shows up and both Daphne and Roz start to flirt with him despite both being 'married'.
    Niles' delight at being married to Daphne is fantastically well played. Even the appalling accent that Clive is saddled with doesn't spoil this one for me.
    One of the best bits is when Martin is introduced and he claims to have been an astronaut!
    The ensemble acting in the episode is just top notch.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good memories in the thread.........it was a fantastic show !

some of the minor characters were great........like his agent, Bebe......:D

I liked the episodes were old characters from Cheers turned up.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Best episode, well there were so many, but some that spring to mind are...

When Niles accidentally sleeps with Lillith.

When Daphne runs away (with Niles) from her own wedding to Donnie

Any episode with Eddie to the fore!

Worst episode...

Anything involving Daphne's mum.
  • pineapples_pineapples_ Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    claremonts wrote: »
    One of my favourite episodes is 'To Kill a Talking Bird' when Niles invites his new neighbours to dinner. A Parrot flies onto his head, digs its claws in and won't let go 😀

This one's my favourite too! :) I think it's probably the one I've seen the most :p
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My all time favorite show. However, I still shudder at all the episodes relating to English characters. The episode with Daphne's English ex boyfriend Clive is unwatchable due to him acting and talking like he is mentally challenged. Also of course ALL the episodes with Daphne's family are horrific. The one with her dad in what appeared to be a smokey alehouse from the 1800's was a particularly low point. It was 2002 lol.
  • lylonic_xlylonic_x Posts: 2,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ham Radio and any of the lodge episodes where everyone ends up in the wrong room etc always has me in stitches.

The worst ones for me were ALWAYS ones with Daphane's family in it. Every single one of them ruined the episodes they were in. Bloody awful, the lot of them

Once Niles and Daphane got together, it felt like it lost something for me.

People on this thread have spoken about the ending. The final two episodes were really good, brilliantly written and amazingly acted. I loved the scene where Frasier was sat in the apartment alone and suddenly realised that his dad and brother have both moved on and in relationships was beautiful. My only problem was the Charlotte relationship. I have to agree with what was said before, the fact she had a boyfriend changed the Fraiser character a bit too much for me. Would rather he just left and started a new life in San Francisco with a new career.
  • orvietoorvieto Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Oh what great memories, as said before The Valentine’s Day episode is memorable , especially the opening scene with Niles, sublime TV, David Hyde Pierce has brilliant comic timing.
  • Indie97Indie97 Posts: 9,953
    Forum Member
    edited 09/07/18 - 08:16 #117
    Lots of favourites - radio wars, a word to the wise guy, the two mrs kranes, dark victory, Frasier has Spokane, trophy girlfriend, roz and the schnoz, rooms with a view, and Frasier makes three, the life of the party, seat of power, love stinks, mixed doubles, love bites dog, daphne returns, back talk etc, the kid, frasiers imaginery friend etc etc
    Worst - the seal who came to dinner, the innkeepers and most of series 11
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 09/07/18 - 08:53 #118
    Best episodes, the 'Travels with Martin' episode. And the other travels; the Millenium one in the winnebago and the fishing trip to the lake are particular favourites.

Worst episodes, the two-parters, all of them; I especially hate the early one (Frasier's Adventures in Paradise) where all his previous conquests turn up. Boring. And the last episode two-parter just had to be a Frasier will they won't they.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love most of the episodes but one that springs to mind is the one where Niles is in hospital and Martin (his father) reminisce about Frasier and Niles when they were younger. Think the whole episode just revolves around the three characters. Very touching episode. Loved the character of Martin Crane. RIP
  • Indie97Indie97 Posts: 9,953
    Forum Member
    julie2009 wrote: »
    Love most of the episodes but one that springs to mind is the one where Niles is in hospital and Martin (his father) reminisce about Frasier and Niles when they were younger. Think the whole episode just revolves around the three characters. Very touching episode. Loved the character of Martin Crane. RIP

Would that be rooms with a view? If so I thought Jane leeves gave her best ever performance in that episode. That was truly the episode when daphne grew from being the kooky bit of totty niles had an eye for to Mrs niles crane :heart:
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so many... the favourites would be in the dozens... The least favourites for me are any with the Moon family. Found them rather tedious.

Stand out favourites - Ham Radio, Travels with Martin, The one where Martin thinks Niles is trying to deliberately injure him to keep Daphne on in the job, the one where Martin desperately tries to pass Niles off as his boyfriend to put off a man who thinks Martin is gay. Niles's face as he is forced to walk out of the kitchen hand in hand with Martin is worth the entire episode. Hilarious. ANY episode with Bebe..... magnificent character..... Is there any chance you were not behind this Bebe..... oh darling..... there is always... a chance... ! LOL.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,765
    Forum Member
    The Matchmaker. That cackle of Martin's from the kitchen as Niles brings him up to speed on what's going on and Tom being left under the impression that all the Crane boys are gay crack me up every time.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Something About Dr Mary, just for the moment where Frasier pretends to be her, complete with hip-wiggling and finger wagging, it is painfully funny.
    'You have no idea how hard it is to be a black woman in a white man's world! I don't think so!'
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    edited 11/07/18 - 11:42 #124
    lylonic_x wrote: »
    Ham Radio and any of the lodge episodes where everyone ends up in the wrong room etc always has me in stitches.

The worst ones for me were ALWAYS ones with Daphane's family in it. Every single one of them ruined the episodes they were in. Bloody awful, the lot of them

People on this thread have spoken about the ending. The final two episodes were really good, brilliantly written and amazingly acted. I loved the scene where Frasier was sat in the apartment alone and suddenly realised that his dad and brother have both moved on and in relationships was beautiful. My only problem was the Charlotte relationship. I have to agree with what was said before, the fact she had a boyfriend changed the Fraiser character a bit too much for me. Would rather he just left and started a new life in San Francisco with a new career.

Personally, the only problem I had with the finale was Roz becoming the new station manager. It smacked of wanting to give everybody a final story, but it felt completely out of place for Roz. When had she ever shown ambition to be management? She was usually completely against them.
  • Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Best episode has to be the one where Frasier has a passionate fling with a famous super-model but messes it up and he can't convince his family that it actually happened :)

Imaginary Friend ?
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    edited 11/07/18 - 12:08 #126
    lylonic_x wrote: »

Personally, the only problem I had with the finale was Roz becoming the new station manager. It smacked of wanting to give everybody a final story, but it felt completely out of place for Roz. When had she ever shown ambition to be management? She was usually completely against them.

Oh I don't know, I think she had ambition and since she wasn't one of them she'd be against them, but I'm sure she wouldn't turn down the chance to be management and switch sides. Maybe she'd think if you can't beat them, join them 😃 She had to grow up sometime and provide more for her daughter seeing as she was the only one still not to have a partner. I think that would've been too much of cliche happy ending, if she'd suddenly been paired up with a partner like the others. We did see that she could be ruthless and ambitious in the Bebe episode when she said to Frasier she wouldn't have Bebe as her agent then when his back was turned she told Bebe she wanted her as her agent, ignoring her loyalty to Frasier. She wanted more money and better deals.