Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keep reading it as "slags you hate".

Glad I'm not the only one :o
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, I use so many words that have been posted in this thread. You must all really hate me.
  • Options
    RoybandoRoybando Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Lol, I use so many words that have been posted in this thread. You must all really hate me.

If the cap fits.....
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is indeed a badge of stupidity but surely it has been replaced by the even worse: 'I was like....' as a preface to reporting what you said or what you felt.:mad:

I heard a woman at work yesterday relating a story and she said " and I was at it " what do you mean?" and he was at it " you know exactly what I mean" "
    At it ?! :confused:
  • Options
    BridgeGalBridgeGal Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    oh my days - I told my husband off for saying this the other day it is so annoying, it also made him sound like a daft teenage girl (he's 32)

totes amaze

stupid words like "reem", "vajazzle" etc

hashtag anything - get lost

cheeky vino/beer/kebab - its an inanimate object it can't be cheeky in anyway!!!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    "pimp your/my ..."

As used by Jamie Oliver (a walking bag of slangs himself) when making a pizza from scratch.
    He added many toppings whilst saying "you can pimp your pizza ...."
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    You live in County Durham and you hate the slang we use here? That's a bit strange.

Saying the above though, I never use mam, but always mother.
  • Options
    123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    People who use the word (Actually) make my skin crawl it seems to have a natural way of making people's smugness increase by tenfold.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Pop (soft/fizzy drinks)

I thought that's what everybody called it everybody I have ever know has and I have moved to a different part of the country

Saying soft drink to me makes it sound to posh also saying Soda unless your American piss off
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roybando wrote: »
    If the cap fits.....

Isn't it, if the glove fits..? Or am I thinking of something totally different??
  • Options
    RoybandoRoybando Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Isn't it, if the glove fits..? Or am I thinking of something totally different??

I believe you are...............
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who use the word (Actually) make my skin crawl it seems to have a natural way of making people's smugness increase by tenfold.

This is the same as the word 'absolutely' hate it.
  • Options
    HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I use 'Oh my spunky days', which I love and sounds a lot better than 'oh my days'!!

One thing I absolutely hate with a passion bordering on psychotic is the use of 'bare' for 'very'.

My niece uses it all the time. I have told her that, if I hear it again, I will slap her silly. :mad::mad: