Amy was right, they wanted an excuse to hate her

Comments

• FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about everyone had something to say that showed her to be selfish ....the way she grabbed the food, not helping out, the contraband stuff.There are lots of lovely looking girls in the world...some of them are nice and kind and helpful, they can be intelligent and feisty too...and some are just all about the way they look...and have no sense about others
  • PerarduamollyPerarduamolly Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Agree with you about the creepy dad, eww. Maybe being Daddy's Little Princess might have something to do with the massive sense of entitlement?
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't need a big excuse to dislike some one if they are lying to you and you find out. Or being selfish and hiding contraband when its against the rules and the rest follow the rules. Just like they all did when they all handed in anything they had which could be contraband.

So Amy has no excuse and she has to take the criticism.
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. This old chestnut again. (:rolleyes)

Really. ALL of them were angry with her. Including the men. Of her beauty and her youth.

Because everyone in there was so shallow and Amy is a saint.

*sigh*

No,there's a difference between getting annoyed and continually finding fault. Yes the guys got annoyed with her but they didn't pick,pick,pick on her.
    Forum Member
    greenyone wrote: »
    Maybe they didn't like her because she is a liar

Well that didn't stop them liking Rebecca and she's a liar.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menelaus wrote: »
    What a revealing show tonight! It seems as if the "kids" -- Joey and Amy -- are wiser than their seniors. That bloody nonsense about smuggling in make-up, like it was as serious as being a murderer or something -- gave that vile gang of bullies the excuse they desperately wanted to be able to justify their hatred. Amy sussed it.

Then at the party, Joey trying to be the peacemaker. Bless him. Basically Matthew, Annabel and Laila are absolutely vile, Rebecca has been a liar and a hypocrite and Al is a self-righteous windbag

Amy's dad is lovely btw .

Amy's dad is being a Dad and defending his daughter even though you could see at times he was up against it.

Also we clearly saw Alfonso tell her "it had been the matter of discussion" about the concealer, Amy then told the others that she understood " she had been the subject of a hate campaign" and confirmed that Alfonso said that.

She told Rebecca she had handed her blue top in when she had not, she said others had used the concealer when it turns out they had not but knew of it as she had offered it up for them to use well to Rebecca anyway who did not use it.

Sorry but when you add it all up I think I know who I believe and it is not Amy, maybe she did not mean to be as she was but she was very very silly.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    No,there's a difference between getting annoyed and continually finding fault. Yes the guys got annoyed with her but they didn't pick,pick,pick on her.

Well she was bl bl bl bloody annoying.

And rather faulty.

And anyone who tried to help her was ignored or betrayed.

And of course, she didn't half love herself and was completely oblivious to everyone else's feelings.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd be interested how many times she was 'picked, picked, picked on'. How many times did we see it? Once, twice, three, four or five times? Ten times? A hundred? (the latter figure was a gross exaggeration, by the way ;-))

They were in there for three weeks - and in all that time, only a handful of grumbles about her (not TO her) were shown. There was the discussion about the beauty industry (which she actually didn't say was 'picking on' her) and some throwaway comments which have been interpreted by some as 'picking' but could equally be just throwaway comments such as the one I've just had made to me from a colleague (about not looking as good as the plant on the filing cabinet which I was spraying - I know she was joking. (I think! :D))

I think because there were a few grumbles, etc, and more because it was talked about CONSTANTLY by the media, by the presenters, by everone on here, the perception is that this 'pciking on' never stopped.

Which is totally incorrect.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    I think it's ridiculous to say they were trying to find fault with Amy. Every year they have a really good looking girl in the jungle and normally she is very well liked. Everyone loved Myleen Klass to name but one. Amy was selfish and spoilt. My theory is that the people defending her are the same people that think the object in life is to be famous.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She certainly gave them a reason.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Following on from my post above I forgot to say I can't understand why people are using her age as an excuse for her behaviour after all Stacey Solomon was only 21 or 22 when she won the show. So age is no excuse.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperate showmance with Joey to claw back some attention and hope some of his popularity might rub off on her
    Forum Member
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I think it's ridiculous to say they were trying to find fault with Amy. Every year they have a really good looking girl in the jungle and normally she is very well liked. Everyone loved Myleen Klass to name but one. Amy was selfish and spoilt. My theory is that the people defending her are the same people that think the object in life is to be famous.

I'm not sure what other series of IAC has got to do with this one. The other series didn't have Lucy , Rebecca or mo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Laugh all you like. Rebecca has Olympic Gold medals. That is such an achievement. So she doesn't want her reputation to be tarnished by someone who has been shown to be a pathological lying lowlife, with absolutely no morals whatsoever.
    Blimey. :o
    kate03 wrote: »
    Exactly. The only person who EVER mentioned the word HATE is AMY.
    Yes, I'm sure that's true. The campmates seemed to be irritable but polite (apart from Mo's unexpected explosion.)
    theid wrote: »
    I wonder what Amy's pageant world will make of all this. The words "bridges" and "burnt" spring to mind.
    I shouldn't think so. The beauty world seems to have its own code of ethics altogether: as long as you don't discredit the actual pageant, they don't give a monkeys.
    The fact is that Lucy did make a few bitchy comments to Amy eg 'who do you get emails from?' which had nothing to do with her being lazy in camp.
    That was a bit odd. I think it was short-hand (and this is not a defence of Lucy) for "you really are talking a load of shit at the moment."
    It also seems that although Amy did not own up to the items she had, I get the impression she didn't think it was a big deal or a 'bad thing' to do.
    Oh yes, I'm sure that's true. And the same with telling the ITV2 show that 'other people' had 'used' the concealer; she felt beleagured, almost persecuted, over a very little thing; another campmate had actually had the concealer in her hand, and would presumably back her up if necessary; it seemed such a little step to turn it into what she actually said. I don't think she knew what had hit her when Becky came out flaming amazement like Ariel.
    I think Amys lazyness could have been dealt with in one conversation, which didn't have to be nasty - just one assertive person speaking out about working together as a team and allocating tasks fairly..

Yes, but it wasn't that kind of camp, and it wasn't that kind of laziness imo. A rota would have worked perfectly well, but actually I'm not sure that has EVER been the way on IAC. People just kind of grab a task that appeals, and the rest of the tasks get done by the most conscientious. And I suspect that there was a big element of avoidance in Amy's laziness: she didn't bond with the others, was bored and a bit isolated, and it was just infinitely less hassle to lie about than to start grabbing saucepans off people who seemed both skilled and critical.
    Overall its a mountain made out of a molehill, partly because of the fact they were out in the jungle and a lot more sensitive and irritable. And partly because the producers edited it unfairly to make it seem a lot worse than it was. I think Amy and Lucy are both all right, both with a few negatives to their character: Amy being a bit vain and lazy, Lucy being a bit catty with her comments at times. Neither is an angel, neither is the devil, they have failings, but don't we all?

Yes, but because it was such a drama-free series, it has had quite poignantly far-reaching results. At least two of the campmates - Lucy and Rebecca - have been bombarded with really disgusting abuse on twitter. Joey, who would otherwise have come out beloved by all of them, has probably now separated himself from everyone, at least for the time being. Amy feels ill-treated and resentful, and is unlikely to be post-series friends with any of them, though as one of the ones with no actual job, she might have benefited from having as many 'contacts' as possible.

I always thought it was a man's series, and I would say that the three who have walked out undamaged by any of it, and with pleasingly enhanced profiles, are Kian, David and Steve.
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this a joke thread? the elders didnt hate her for goodness sake, they just dont have very much respect for a liar and a cheat. I suppose id be classed as elder now, Amy is very very beautiful on the outside yes, however as you grow older you find yourself more drawn to those that are beautiful on the inside its hard to explain some people get it.... some dont.
    Sadly many woman are accused of jealousy just because they arent as beautiful as others (i think you'll find the majority of those women arent judging on looks ;-) )

You can have a beautiful face & body, but I personally dont find dim women attractive in the slightest infact i cringe. give me a plainer looking person who has a good heart, shows common sense and an inner strength and a degree of interlect they will win hands down everytime to becoming a friend, and thats exactly what im teaching my kids, you start from the inside and it radiates out of you ;-)

quit with the jealousy cards
    quit with the bullying cards

its all crap and its over.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callys mum
    David said he spoke to Amy 4/5 times about how she was in the camp and she ignored him

Didn't Al also try and reason with her in and then out of the jungle?

Lucy thought they had cleared the air only to find backstabber Amy ran to the press the second she was out of the jungle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they hated her because they were jealous of her. You asked.

Maybe they were merely exasperated with the lazy moo for lying around all day protecting the way she looked eg. keeping her hands and nails nice while they did all the work.
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Maybe they were merely exasperated with the lazy moo for lying around all day protecting the way she looked eg. keeping her hands and nails nice while they did all the work.

;-) yes my 10 yr old daughter was actually :o at Helen Flannighan last year and the lack of brains in her head, she said "Oh Mum shes plain embarrasing" since then shes learnt to iron a few easy items, and other household chores and im like woohooo :D

Admitting to not been able to blow your own nose is not endearing :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Now I'm no a Lucy fan, and whilst she may have come out of this all rather badly, I think you're being a little harsh on her here. Some might say it is rather demeaning to imply that this is all certain women have to offer the world.

The lads mags days may be behind her now- and even if Emmerdale doesn't work out, and she does them yet again, fair play to her as an adult legally earning a buck in this tough economic climate we live in.

Let's give Lucy a break.:)

You are confused. If you'd looked properly, you'd see the post I replied to was discussing Amy.

If Emmerdale doesn't work out? Lucy has been a vastly popular, regular cast member in Emmerdale for some time.

On the other hand, Amy's entire career is based around parading in a swimsuit and getting her kit off. The Lads' mags beckon. They'll stuff a few fivers down her bra and panties so at least she can afford her precious zit concealer.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Amy's dad is being a Dad and defending his daughter even though you could see at times he was up against it.

I don't usually condone violence but if I'd been in Amy's dad's shoes I'd have given Matthew a proper scare as soon I bumped into him . He's a dispicable chap and even at last night's party he couldn't stop picking on her .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey. :o

OK. I exaggerated a teensy bit but I've done this a few times to counter balance the preposterous claims made to defend Amy.;-)
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Menelaus wrote: »
    What a revealing show tonight! It seems as if the "kids" -- Joey and Amy -- are wiser than their seniors. That bloody nonsense about smuggling in make-up, like it was as serious as being a murderer or something -- gave that vile gang of bullies the excuse they desperately wanted to be able to justify their hatred. Amy sussed it.

Then at the party, Joey trying to be the peacemaker. Bless him. Basically Matthew, Annabel and Laila are absolutely vile, Rebecca has been a liar and a hypocrite and Al is a self-righteous windbag

Amy's dad is lovely btw .

I don't remember anyone "hating" her when she first came in? People decide whether they like you or nor by how you behave.

Her laziness was the first thing that got on their nerves, then her lying about contraband. And none of them "hate" her she just got on their nerves for being lazy and spoilt.

Every single person in that camp moaned about Amy so don't blame Matthew, Annabel, Layla, Rebecca and Alfonso. ALL of them came to the same conclusion.

And so would you if you had to spend 3 weeks with someone who didn't pull their weight. Doesn't matter whether they looked like Miss World or the back of a bus.

Human nature says you judge people on how they behave. If she'd changed her ways after a few days people on this show would have absolutely LOVED Amy. If she'd pulled her weight round camp and mucked in (as did Ashley Roberts always with a smile) then she'd probably have won. She chose to sunbathe.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »

Or maybe the people putting her down don't like the idea of a beautiful woman being famous for just being beautiful.(rather like Mo and Lucy)
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    Or maybe the people putting her down don't like the idea of a beautiful woman being famous for just being beautiful.(rather like Mo and Lucy)

Well, they seem to have coped with the other women they know who are more beautiful and more famous than Amy.
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

but beauty is in the eye's of the beholder ..personaly i don't think Amy is beautiful ..attractive yes ..beautiful no