Options

Does the Pro influence your voting?

2»

Comments

• Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It IS odd how much some of the pros can influence my voting preference. I mean, I really liked Harry Judd as a character and dancer, but couldn't get past my utterly irrational dislike of Aliona. Having said that, I'm not terribly keen on Brendan but voted for Victoria Pendledrama last year, just willing her to do one good dance before being eliminated. I like Sophie, but Brendan is annoying me even more this year (if he calls her his girl just one more time, I'll be chucking something at the telly). I'm not a fan of Anton either, and I don't think I've ever voted for a celeb he's partnered.

On the other hand, Artem can do no wrong since his debut and the amazing impact he made with Kara, so I always want him to do well (I drew the line at supporting Fern Britton, though), and I love Natalie Lowe too. I'm neutral about the rest of them and, in their case, it would be solely the celebrity who would influence my vote.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep think the pro does influence my vote I'm sad to say as my irrational dislike of Artem means I could never support anyone he dances with and I never support anyone with Tony but my dislike of him is not irrational:D
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I regularly voted for Mark to help keep Iveta in. Besides, having been a ballroom dancer all my life, long before this show started, I have never been comfortable with the idea of voting for an individual. So many times the celebrity gets blamed for something which is the responsibility of the professional. In the real ballroom dancing world it is couples who are judged.
  • Options
    jivinjayjivinjay Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I do like Kevin but find Susanna a bit overpowering.

Bring back Ian and I vote for him no matter who he was partnered with!!!
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    bendymixer wrote: »
    yep think the pro does influence my vote I'm sad to say as my irrational dislike of Artem means I could never support anyone he dances with and I never support anyone with Tony but my dislike of him is not irrational:D

See, I think it's the other way round! :p
    Never mind, we both like Kevin :)
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally vote for the couple. Having said that I wouldn't vote for Anton no matter who he was partnered with and I'm not very keen on Kristina either. I've probably voted for Brendan, James and Natalie most over the years but only if I liked the partnership. In the case of Natalie I think I always have.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I felt the same about these two. During the series I just couldn't feel anything for them or their dances. Oddly enough, long after, and perhaps because emotional attachment to the couples is no longer a factor, one or two of their dances are among my faves of all time :confused:.

Yeah it's nice when you can go back an appreciate them later. Still think Austin was robbed though :-D
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely! I very rarely watch Sophie and Brendan dance because I absolutely cringe when I see Brendan. It's quite unfortunate really :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I think the pros know that they play a big part which is why they are always putting on the ""how well we get on together act". I remember Brendan and Lulu making a big deal of it while on the show and then afterwards Brendan said ( diplomatically) that it had been hard work.