Dancing On Ice All Stars - Sunday 23rd Feb, 6.15pm ITV & ITVHD

1222324252628»

Comments

• welsh_studwelsh_stud Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a skate off when down to final four :(

Agreed. Think it should be purely the public vote in the final 4.
  • sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think it would be a travesty if Ray doesn't win. He's quite simply in a different league from the others, and unless he makes some spectacular mistakes, or one of the others ups their game so much that they skate better than him in the next couple of shows, then it's a safe bet. Boring, I hear some of you say? Not at all. His skating has been a pleasure to watch from day one, last series he was in included.
    I know this may not be a popular opinion but in other shows I have seen skaters being "overmarked" week after week for fairly good/mediocre performances, seemingly picked out as "golden boys/girls" early on in the competition and being saved to the detrement of other skaters who imo have shown just as much skill and finesse over the ice - Who am I to say of course - but that's how I see it. For me Hayley has been a prime example of that.

If Ray doesn't win, I shan't watch another series....Oh hang about!!!!
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    The only great skills Hayley has is her jazz hands and her lifts! Her skating is the worst out of the bunch in my opinion!

They all can do things that others can't - but a lot of it is just repetitive and getting boring - it's like they can't be bothered to teach them anything more now it's 2 weeks til the end

Hayley doesn't do big lifts - Jorgie, Clare, Bonnie, Zaraah, Beth and Suzanne all do bigger ones. Suzanne's better routines have 2 or 3 more difficult moves in them. They have also all added more new lifts over the years. What Hayley does is a smaller repertoire of moves - in similar high tempo dance numbers, that allow her to act. That looks good, because its a recognisable dance routine with strong music. .However, its nothing that most of Jorgie, Clare, Bonnie, Zaraah, Beth and Suzanne couldn't do - with bigger lifts and tricks.

Its not that they can't improve either. Ironically, they seem to be upping the choregraphy just when there's few people left who can impress most with it. The early glut of mediocre routines has improved. Beth did have new lifts and tricks this week - but got no reward from the judges. . Kyran brought out his big three moves - but went. . Suzanne would have done a DOI female first in her routine this week. Sam is excelling after finally getting some good routines - and not doing the show so part time. Hayley isn't adding as much. Ray may be adding, but as he can't do more spectacular tricks or lifts, and always could jump and spin, his improvements are not that obvious.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley doesn't do big lifts.

Hayley doesn't do anything - Dan does it all for her :D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley doesn't do anything - matt does it all for her :D

Dan:D

I wonder how well she would have done if Dan had partnered Beth this year and Hayley been given someone else.

Beth would be getting the 'Dan' for for a start ;-)
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

They all look the same to me lol I better edit it before It doesn't let me lol
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    They cared last year - did you not see the faces they had on them when Beth was announced as the winner? Robin even tweeted his disgust at her winning. They're obviously still very bitter about it and are trying to stop her from (undeservedly, in their eyes) winning again.

What did he say on Twitter about it?
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Jason is not even subtle who is favs are.

He's definitely not. For example, Hayley didn't do well in her solo skate, but she wasn't ill. Beth was and he was a lot harsher to Beth than he was to Hayley.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 1...press ground floor
    Stage 2....get out at ground floor
    Stage 3....brush off the dust that settled as she was so bl@@dy slow

perhasp she'd go faster if Dave Murdoch swept in front

Speed is definitely not her forte! She's never manage Sam's River Dance routine! :D:D:D
    No one has done an axel jump, Beth did a 'preparation axel jump' last week and Kyran can apparently do one (why he didn't do one in the show I don't know, he may have been saving it for the final but there was no guarantee he would be in the final). My feeling is, he can do it, but not consistently enough to depend on landing it.

He did a loop jump (either a loop or toe loop) in combination with a half loop. he has also done a flip jump in a previous week.

Ray did a split jump and a twirly type jump. Not sure of the name but he did a full rotation in the air and landed 2 footed. Would like to see him try a full rotation jump like a loop or a salchow - he should be able to land it ok...

Thanks for clearing this up. :)
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,676
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

I wonder how well she would have done if Dan had partnered Beth this year and Hayley been given someone else.

Which celebs did keep their original partners other than Ray and Hayley? I know that David Seaman and Sam didn't because it makes a better story to have them with their romantic partners.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Which celebs did keep their original partners other than Ray and Hayley? I know that David Seaman and Sam didn't because it makes a better story to have them with their romantic partners.

Didn't Suzanne have the same partner?
    Forum Member

I think you may be right. I asked because I genuinely can't remember (I can't even remember who Beth beat in the final last year), not because I thought that Ray and Hayley were the only ones whose partnerships were in tact.
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes she did
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray has his original partner Maria and Gareth and Gary then had to get a new partner.

Suzanne had her original partner Matt so Bonnie and Jorgie had to get new parters.

Hayley has been partnered with Dan so Beth had to get a new parter.

Todd, Joe, Kyran and Zaraah all had new partners as Susie Fred and Mel are no longer in the show and Vicky was paired with Sam which makes sense as apart from being a couple I guess it would have been akward to pair him with Brianne given the previous relationship stuff and same with David Seaman his previous partner is again no longer involved in the show and from the couple perspective made sense.

Personally would have liked to have seen Beth and Dan compete as reigning champs together and have had the others more mixed up and I think it would have been a more interesting show.
    Forum Member
    Thanks, Tiggergirl.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    I think you may be right. I asked because I genuinely can't remember (I can't even remember who Beth beat in the final last year), not because I thought that Ray and Hayley were the only ones whose partnerships were in tact.

I think the judges may remember - they weren't pleased with Beth winning!
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    welsh_stud wrote: »
    No. She needed only to come 3rd to avoid the SO.

Depends on the order in the vote Kyran and Sam come in I think . Sam only gets 5 points overall if he is last in the vote. If he had beaten Kyran and got 6 overall, Beth would need to be second in the vote to match his 6 - and avoid the skate off. Beth needs to have been either third, or second, depending on how that played out.

Next week the judges order determines whether Beth has to come first to avoid the skate off. If the judges put Hayley two places above her (assuming Hayley isn't beating Ray in the vote) and Sam between Beth and Hayley, only first place in the vote saves Beth. Its also completely up to the judges who they put through any skate off - as the choice between Sam, Hayley and Beth is entirely subjective - depending on how you weigh the routines, skills, or skating ability.