Options

This show is awful!

Comments

• Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel the Battle rounds were far too long in duration. A bit of an endurance test to listen to 2+ hours of screaming and caterwauling.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have screeched through some of my favourite songs. They also haven't picked the best people imo. And I wish they were more honest with the contestants. Some have been awful in the sing off and they keep saying "ooh that was amazing" no it bloody wasn't that was painful!!!
  • Options
    DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    To be fair the battle rounds this year are way better than the first two series. I was fully expecting to turn off at this point. Possibly due to more empathetic coaches? Jessie was always hyper critical in a non empathetic way while Danny was always trying to second guess Will's choice rather than his own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I have been here awhile, don't talk to me like i'm stupid.

- I just wish people were more positive. Sorry about that...

I'm struggling to see what the person wrote that you found so offensive. (S)He just said their point. What's wrong with that?
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've to agree with OP on this. In my opinion, poor quality of contestants is the major problem and production / judges are fine. I watch voice shows across the planet in various languages, but everywhere it is better than ours, again in my opinion.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the OP thinks that the show is awful then why bother to watch it. If i know that i dont like a certain show i just flick to another channel.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dalwhat wrote: »
    To be fair the battle rounds this year are way better than the first two series. I was fully expecting to turn off at this point. Possibly due to more empathetic coaches? Jessie was always hyper critical in a non empathetic way while Danny was always trying to second guess Will's choice rather than his own.

I totally agree - they've turned the volume down a bit so it's not so much of a screaming contest. (The one who stands out for me is the bald woman who screamed her lungs out as though she was in the World Heavyweight Boxing championship or something :o)
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first part where they are just listening for a voice that they like could work if it weren't for the ridiculous teams. Good singers weren't picked because they didn't fit with the mentor's style. That was bad enough but the whole concept of the battle rounds is just stupid.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    The first part where they are just listening for a voice that they like could work if it weren't for the ridiculous teams. Good singers weren't picked because they didn't fit with the mentor's style. That was bad enough but the whole concept of the battle rounds is just stupid.

How is it?
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    How is it?

Pitting two people against each other and choosing between them is a silly way to go about whittling down the acts. You could have two poor singers and two good singers in different battle rounds. They should just have them all sing a song and choose the best ones IMO.

Another reason for this being daft is that the song chosen might suit one singer better than another.
  • Options
    mashitupmashitup Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    ^^Absolutely!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    X Factor is trash as well and hasn't been decent since Jedward's year.

Judging by your comment it can only be concluded that you are a five to ten years old
    :D
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Pitting two people against each other and choosing between them is a silly way to go about whittling down the acts. You could have two poor singers and two good singers in different battle rounds. They should just have them all sing a song and choose the best ones IMO.

Another reason for this being daft is that the song chosen might suit one singer better than another.

It makes it unique, remember the coaches aren't picking anyone who has a nice voice as everyone does on the show similar to what X Factor does they pick 12 each who they think CAN WIN the show and after that the battles come and help the coaches see who has the best voice by having two at least vaguely similar to each other face off just like a boxing match to determine the better fighter or singer in this instance, that is better and more interesting than bootcamp IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    It makes it unique, remember the coaches aren't picking anyone who has a nice voice as everyone does on the show similar to what X Factor does they pick 12 each who they think CAN WIN the show and after that the battles come and help the coaches see who has the best voice by having two at least vaguely similar to each other face off just like a boxing match to determine the better fighter or singer in this instance, that is better and more interesting than bootcamp IMO

Agree with you totally.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the week where they all sing something beautiful and gentle, where all the tricks are banned out of respect for the song, and when they are judged only on singing in tune, voice production, breath control, clarity of diction and musicality.
    Sick of over emotional belters.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will I Am is too smart for this show. He should be on the production team he's what we Americans call a Creative Genius.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think the UK version is bad... you should try the Irish version.

I prefer the UK Voice to X Factor... especially now that the talentless Cheryl is back judging people who CAN sing.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    If you think the UK version is bad... you should try the Irish version.

I prefer the UK Voice to X Factor... especially now that the talentless Cheryl is back judging people who CAN sing.
    I think Cheryl and Kylie are at the same level
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »

Kylie has been far more successful in everyway compared to the talentless Miss Cole. Why they are having back on Fix Factor i will never know.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No just no tob. You can't even begin to compare Kylie to Cheryl.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe height wise. You can only mean that. :D
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the UK contestants have to sign the same kind of contract as the US contestants

reading the story about the US version shows just how much these kind of contests are fixed
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I agree. They have both achieved a deal of success that has little if anything to do with singing talent.
  • Options
    Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Kylie has been far more successful in everyway compared to the talentless Miss Cole. Why they are having back on Fix Factor i will never know.

A kylie fan calling someone else talentless. the irony of that made me genuinly laugh.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am thoroughly enjoying the series and must admit the singers tonight, all of them have delivered and glad I am not choosing who goes through. Wish them luck and all the best in their future careers, if they do or do not go through to the next round.