The Voice UK 2014 - Series 3 - Finale - 5 April 2014 - 7pm

1515253545557»

Comments

• Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it does! They did it for the first time last series, it was on the red button.

You would think someone who works for BBC would know that.

Can't see Jermain doing well after the show. What's his target audience?
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think someone who works for BBC would know that.

Can't see Jermain doing well after the show. What's his target audience?

More stage musical than recording artist
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jermain singing And I'm Telling You probably won it for him. Very pleased for him even though I was backing Christina Marie to win. It will be interesting to see whether or not he'll have more success than Andrea and Leanne.
  • ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,468
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    YeeeeeeeeeeeSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!

excellent choice
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Yes!

The right result.

All hail the genius that is WillIam,

completely agree, Jermain was always my favourite and Will's my favourite coach .... so pleased for them both :)

always good to hear Tom sing and he looked great too, really enjoyed the final show
  • DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Jermaine won it with his last performance in an otherwise disappointing final. I thought he was lucky to stay in ahead of Jamie but in the end deserved to pip the girls, both of whom made entirely the wrong song choice, with his final performance of the night.

Wills impassioned plea at the end didn't harm things either. Besides which he should have won it last year anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    My Vote goes to Jamie but tbh anyone of them can win and really make a go of it I reckon.

Jamie or Christina being the ones that could be bigger though.

Really ?

Who would either of them appeal to even if they HAD amazing voices ?
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic: Does anyone ever make a post stating their opinion, leave the thread then come back and look at the thread and go to quote their earlier post to say "I agree" then notice that you where the initial person to post it? :p
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the impression Sally was very surprised by the result going off the look on her face.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Final being shown again?
    Can't see any Times?
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getzls wrote: »
    Is the Final being shown again?
    Can't see any Times?

Tonight bbc three
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I got the impression Sally was very surprised by the result going off the look on her face.

good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight bbc three

Hopefully , Sally will win in tonight's showing ;)
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    N8t to be confused with Tesco Mary who could have been Christina Maries mother.

Like the humour ;-)
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've re watched the Willy Wonka duet and actually I now think it was a clever choice. Will was pushing Jermain as a young man with an ambition to help his community and that song plugged right into that. Plus it was very restrained in delivery, so when Jermain came out and delivered a show stopper in the third song it gave it more impact. Well played, Will!
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    I've watched every series and this was by far the best. The judges looked like they actually enjoyed it and there was none of the false arguing that you get with the X Factor.

As far as the final is concerned I thought it would be between Jamie, Jermain and Christina. Sally had a lovely calming voice but I couldn't see her winning it. Once Jamie was out of the running then those that voted for him probably opted for Jermain. I think he was a worthy winner but didn't like his first two songs particularly - even though I love Willy Wonka - but his finale was a show-stopper and a brilliant choice. He has an unusual voice, very versatile, and I hope he does well.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jammoon1 wrote: »
    I've watched every series and this was by far the best. The judges looked like they actually enjoyed it and there was none of the false arguing that you get with the X Factor.

As far as the final is concerned I thought it would be between Jamie, Jermain and Christina. Sally had a lovely calming voice but I couldn't see her winning it. Once Jamie was out of the running then those that voted for him probably opted for Jermain. I think he was a worthy winner but didn't like his first two songs particularly - even though I love Willy Wonka - but his finale was a show-stopper and a brilliant choice. He has an unusual voice, very versatile, and I hope he does well.

Jamie ?

What did he bring to the party apart from being a real nice guy ?
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Dalwhat wrote: »
    Jermaine won it with his last performance in an otherwise disappointing final. I thought he was lucky to stay in ahead of Jamie but in the end deserved to pip the girls, both of whom made entirely the wrong song choice, with his final performance of the night.

Wills impassioned plea at the end didn't harm things either. Besides which he should have won it last year anyway.

I don't think jermain will make any real progress now the voice has ended and am supporting the other posters that he is more stage musical material rather than a recording artist. It's pretty obvious BBC didn't want another female winner as they thought Christina or sally maybe had an unfair advantage and they like an even playing field so they got equal coverage. Charlotte Moore needs to make a lot of adjustments along with the production team and executive producer to freshen up the format as its looking very stale currently. I believe that's why the ratings haven't been all that successful. :(
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will we ever see Jermaine again ? Because if past winners are anything to go by they will fall by the wayside because the BBC don`t market or promote them after the series has finished . They just dwindle away which is really sad when they have been on our screens every week for a couple of months.
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Jamie ?

What did he bring to the party apart from being a real nice guy ?

I personally thought he had a good voice and nice personality - though I preferred Lee and thought he should have gone through to the final.
  • Steve1977Steve1977 Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the version on the iplayer and really enjoyed it. However it did feel weird when near the end of Germain singing again - this time cowned winner - with ticker tape flying and everyone dancing with him, the credits suddenly replaced what was on the screen (red background).

Seemed a little abrubt!