Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

123457»

Comments

• the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Some of the cassette tapes I listened to are disturbing... the camp is more sinister than it looks.

I just have a couple of niggles with the controls...

I think the quick dive mechanic could have been added to the crouch/crawl button so it can take on more context sensitive actions. I just think it's a waste having just one button for a largely pointless action.

Why does the reload button also have to be used to pick up bodies and guns/ammo? It's a bit jarring. It's annoying for instance when you want to pick up the downed enemy's gun and run away but you pick up his body. I think the Action button should be used to pick all items, the quick dive button to pick up bodies and the reload button... just for reloading.

MGS4 was the worst game in the series imo but on the plus side it had the best controls. Don't know why GZ couldn't have been the same, apart from the new uses for the shoulders and triggers.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I think we can expect some changes to the Phantom Pain with Controls I do like then new dive technique it helped me out a few times in GZ when your about to be spotted.
    Forum Member
    Safe to say fro me anyway I have for sure got my moneys worth 4 playthroughs of the main mission now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    So would you guys say it is reasonably priced, or to high etc? What would you think a good price would be if not?
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So would you guys say it is reasonably priced, or to high etc? What would you think a good price would be if not?

It all depends how you approach the game, if your one for flying through a game as quick as possible with no interest in reply values, then yes the price would be to high.

Like DEADLY 17 above has stated, completed the main mission 4 times, I've done about the same and achieved RANK S!

You get from the game what you put in, and there is nothing more satisfying completeing the entire mission without being seen or alerting anybody!!! There is no 'high' like it in gaming. Lol
    Forum Member
    Any word on sales yet?
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Playing this reminded me how much I enjoy the MGS series & that I never actually ever got round to playing through MGS2/3 or Peace Walker so I ended up actually getting round to playing the MGS HD collection.

Played through MGS2/3 over the past 2 weeks & am just starting Peace Walker. Once I've finished that I'll replay MGS4 before moving back to play through Ground Zeroes some more.
  • the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    The original MGS is my favourite... MGS3 would come a close second.

The series seems to be taking a turn for the better now. I felt that MGS lost the plot with MGS4, which consisted of very bloated storytelling, and it's become obvious that the MGS games no longer have an unmatched narrative prowess and other games have caught up. But the gameplay of MGS games has always been fun, and with PW and MGS5 they've gone back to focusing more on that.

Gameplay wise GZ is probably the best yet, but they need to sort out the controls. The producer of TPP Ken Imaizumi was on Twitter a few days collecting feedback on the controls of GZ and luckily most of the issues were brought up.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I ended up getting this, even though I said there was no way I was for a demo. But what I want to know is, where is snakes bloody cardboard box??? You know the one that fools 99% of soldiers. Must admit I did enjoy it, took me a while to het used to it, not played mgs since mgs3. Just cant wait for phantom pain now.
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »
    Well I ended up getting this, even though I said there was no way I was for a demo. But what I want to know is, where is snakes bloody cardboard box??? You know the one that fools 99% of soldiers. Must admit I did enjoy it, took me a while to het used to it, not played mgs since mgs3. Just cant wait for phantom pain now.

They took away all of that stuff cause they wanted to make the game more serious :( but the whole point of the MGS franchise is that it has these odd funny silly moments. Hopefully they bring that stuff back in the Phantom Pain I read that they are actually listening to feedback from fans so who knows.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got this in the PSN sale (only £11.99) and while I would have felt short-changed at £24.99, I must say it is excellent value with the discount.

Yes, the main mission is relatively short (I think I clocked in around 2 hours), but the additional missions look to add enough replayability to bring it up to a reasonable length for the price.

I'm very impressed by the overall gameplay mechanics though. An improvement over MGS4 and very smooth. Getting rid of the health bar, alert countdowns etc. was well overdue. Graphics are impressive although not staggering in the same way MGS4 was on release.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I've just bought this off PSN for £7.99 (PS3 version) and waiting for it to finish downloading. I'm hoping it'll be worth the money.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wash wrote: »
    I've just bought this off PSN for £7.99 (PS3 version) and waiting for it to finish downloading. I'm hoping it'll be worth the money.

Noticed last night that it's half price on X1 (£12.50). Wonder if it's discounts all around?
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I checked on the 360, it's not cheap on there.