Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 55)

Comments

• Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I quite like Belgium.
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTU is the sort of song that will work the new ranking system. I highly doubt it will be towards the end of the majority of lists and it will probably add together well enough to score points decently. I would say Undo does share this aspect in some respects. In all respect to COTU this system looks for something inoffensively bland that ticks boxes.

Ooh err. I think it's honestly quite hard to define when this system has been used all but once. Margaret Berger still managed forth with the system, and Ukraine third in a scoring that apparently rewards the inoffensively bland. We shall most definitely see if your theory is right if any of the Scandinavia countries win.

As for terms of the strength of this years contest. I don't think it's very strong at all, however there's a lot of songs of the same quality which can be argued makes it stronger, or blander. I think I might go for the latter, but it's definitely not as weak as I first thought. I feel I will be inevitability disappointed with the winner no matter what though.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wilkimania wrote: »
    Ok for the countries themselves and not the entries are there any countries you wouldn't want to be hosting next year? I'm considering going next year and so suddenly find myself thinking 'oh god, I don't want them to win'.

Azerbaijan >:(
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Samo Shampioni. Love. It.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone's Molly preorder changed to today? I just got an email.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Has anyone's Molly preorder changed to today? I just got an email.

So have I! And it says 25 April on the receipt when I thought it was the 28th! Or is that just the video?

Mind you, they may as well release it now. Since the album has come out, all the songs have already being released on itunes anyway.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a non-sequitur, this, but I'm glad I decided to watch the 2005 Contest tonight because it's reminded me how fantastic a song 'Cool Vibes' was.

It does make you make feel rather old, though, to watch something that's still relatively recent in the memory and realise that it took place a full nine years ago.

That female host with her roller-coaster intonation is bloody annoying, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby2 wrote: »
    So have I! And it says 25 April on the receipt when I thought it was the 28th! Or is that just the video?

Mind you, they may as well release it now. Since the album has come out, all the songs have already being released on itunes anyway.

I know I'm very confused! I thought it was 28 also :confused:

Not complaining mind. Perhaps they decided to bring it out early to seize the Eurovision album release.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    184-Sweden
    206-UK
    394-Norway

Molly slaying... a tiny bit :D
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Poland are going the right way with the staging, I mean the video did get close to 44 million youtube hits, so it would be silly not to incorporate it somehow - I just wish there had been two more dancers for the instrumental bit, it seems a bit bare to me :(
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 25th seems a very stupid date I means its a Friday and you get 2 days of sales before the chart.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been having a look at how many songs this year are at least partly Swedish-written or produced and unless I'm missing any out, I get 5 (Sweden, UK, Ireland, Azerbaijan and Ukraine). Does anyone know how that stacks up to last year? I know 2012 had about twice that.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish Israel chose 'Be Proud'. I like Same Heart, but Be Proud will be one of my favourites, where I think Same Heart lands around middle of the road for me (although I feel bad, as I love Mei!)
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I really wish Israel chose 'Be Proud'. I like Same Heart, but Be Proud will be one of my favourites, where I think Same Heart lands around middle of the road for me (although I feel bad, as I love Mei!)

I agree with the Israeli's on this one.

1. Same Heart
    2. Nish'eret iti
    3. Be Proud
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a lot this year, but I don't love many. I don't find my self actively listening to much this year
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    I like a lot this year, but I don't love many. I don't find my self actively listening to much this year

Agree, I'm the same. I think I would only really listen to about 4 out of choice. I listened to the 2012 songs this afternoon and I remembered how much I loved that year, Sweden, Cyprus, Iceland, Denmark, Spain, France and many more I would easily listen to still now.
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Mikay wrote: »
    :D

Seriously, I think Believe gets such a bad rap around here though.. I think the song itself is really great, and sung by anyone else people I think would like it :p

O/T - Dance remix of What If We just came on ESC Radio, I think I've died and gone to heaven.

Always loved that song for a special reason and thought it would win. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Linda's London interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOs77VfiiZk

"The gift that keeps on giving!" No Linda, that's clearly you dear! :D

Jeez... I don't think Ovi's in any danger of being replaced! :o:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UikEkjeLMK0
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/04/15/lithuania-wiwi-jury-reviews-vilija-mataciunaite-attention/44534/ Wiwi reviews Lithuania.

I'm sorry but how can anyone put Greece above beauties such as Georgia and Lithuania?

easily... Greece will sail into the final and the Georgians and Lithuanians will be getting early flights home....
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greece is brilliant!!! Really gets the crowd going, just hope they convince the juries. The studio version of Lithuania is even worse than the live one if that is possible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    The 25th seems a very stupid date I means its a Friday and you get 2 days of sales before the chart.

Just to confirm it http://imgur.com/psrEZ1M

It's becoming a bit more of the norm releasing midweek as the mass downloads can thus contribute to the chart placing but with Molly I'm not sure the reasoning for that. Perhaps it denotes the video release or something of that nature to get people buying. However that seems to be all out the window :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    easily... Greece will sail into the final and the Georgians and Lithuanians will be getting early flights home....

I agree . my bottom 4 are those two plus Greece and the horrible Germany. (blows chunks sorry)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still this for me

Austria/UK
    Israel
    Azerbjahn
    Albania
    Slovenia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree . my bottom 4 are those two plus Greece and the horrible Germany. (blows chunks sorry)

Germany's an interesting one, because I absolutely slaughtered it during USFD and then somehow during the reprise something clicked and I liked it and then it found its way inside my top 15! It's the mystical power of the accordion, I'm sure of it. :p
This discussion has been closed.