Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't someone realise all this back in the 90's when Liverpool were crap?

If only we realised it was Hansen's fault.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Talkman wrote: »
    When watching sky's Liverpool v man city game I was angry and disappointed at carragher,
    He was saying the way to STOP Liverpool is to press gerrard as he doesn't like it,
    He pointed out the villa game were gerrard played poorly and said it was because
    Villa pressed him every time he had the ball.

Considering we are only a few games away from winning the premier league title
    He shouldn't be giving our opponents tips on how to stop us,
    I wouldnt be surprised if Norwich Try this tactic on Sunday.

I doubt Neil Adams was sitting there thinking "OMG yes! We need to stop Gerrard dictating the play by putting him under pressure! We were just gonna not bother and let him run the show. Why didn't I think of this?! Cheers, Jamie!"
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    I think this is very dangerous ground to be treading and for the record I think you are wrong to say it.

It is not acceptable to use a disaster like Hillsborough as way to elevate the club or community above others. The way the club, the families and the city as a whole has managed the aftermath of the disaster for the past 25 years has been exemplary. That is all that needs to be said, nothing else.

I hope that as a fellow Liverpool fan you may give my response more consideration than you will the others.

Every club is special to it's fans. There is no grade of 'special'.

Quite, I posted something which touched on this on the guardian - Hillsborough was bigger than one club - it was the apotheoses of 25-30 years of shocking failure with regard to the safety of the football public. Taking ownership of what happened has been part of the problem - its became a stick to beat the club and City with. When every supporter should be been aware it could have been them (something that has only more recently been understood) .
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    I doubt Neil Adams was sitting there thinking "OMG yes! We need to stop Gerrard dictating the play by putting him under pressure! We were just gonna not bother and let him run the show. Why didn't I think of this?! Cheers, Jamie!"

I can Picture it! :D
  • TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carragher knows gerrard game inside out and everyone knows that
    if he says gerrard doesn't like getting pressed I believe future opponents will take note of that.
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    if he says gerrard doesn't like getting pressed I believe future opponents will take note of that.

If we all say we don't like your posts will you take note of that to?
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course it comes as a huge shock that Gerrard plays better when allowed space.

Not exactly observation of the year is it.
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member

If other teams start actually trying to tackle our players we'll be right in the shit...
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I hope teams don't figure out that to defeat us you need to outscore us.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remind me to pull my pants down when I next go for a shite.

Failing which perhaps someone on SSN can remind me on their sports ticker.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

Can you name me a player that likes getting pressed as opposed to having lots of space?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point carragher was making was in the last few months when Liverpool
    Have won ten games in a row gerrard has not been pressed enough,
    Villa did that as carragher pointed out and gerrard had poor game and Liverpool dropped points,
    So I fully expect teams will pick up on what carragher said and press him whenever
    He has the ball from now on.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    damn those pundits trying to be impartial
    Forum Member
    Villa did that as carragher pointed out and gerrard had poor game,
    So I fully expect teams will pick up on what carragher said and press him whenever

So you seriously think a butt load of PL managers won't have thought of trying to tackle Gerrard until they saw it on Sky?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Premier league managers KNOW that carragher knows gerrards game inside out
    So yes I believe a lot of them will take note of what carragher said on sky.
    Forum Member
    That explains Man United's season, then. Gary Neville has said too much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David moyes said too much :D
    Forum Member
    So, basically, the inside information you think that Carra has given away is that Gerrard doesn't like it when people try to tackle him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember Gerrard has been playing much deeper and because of this
    He has had more freedom to play his passes but not anymore thanks to carra.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Villa did that as carragher pointed out and gerrard had poor game and Liverpool dropped points,

Yes and whilst they are doing that, the rest of the midfield and attack will have free reign of the park!

Listen to what people are telling you for gods sake! If it were that easy to stop Liverpool, every single team would have been doing it. It's not bloody rocket science to suggest that a player is not going to enjoy being pressed. The problem teams face with us, is that actually there are players that can be far more dangerous than Gerrard to try and contain and there are a number of them!

I say bring back imonfire at least she lived in the real world, she may have been wrong most of the time, but even she wouldn't come up with this bullshit!
  • shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    Yes and whilst they are doing that, the rest of the midfield and attack will have free reign of the park!

Listen to what people are telling you for gods sake! If it were that easy to stop Liverpool, every single team would have been doing it. It's not bloody rocket science to suggest that a player is not going to enjoy being pressed. The problem teams face with us, is that actually there are players that can be far more dangerous than Gerrard to try and contain and there are a number of them!

I say bring back imonfire at least she lived in the real world, she may have been wrong most of the time, but even she wouldn't come up with this bullshit!

Nothing should ever make you want imonfire back ha ha!!!!:). She was a deluded, negative poster. Yes so is talkman but come on to want imonfire back is taking it to the extreme.:);-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope the pundits on at the weekend are not praising Norwich Players for taking points
    Off Liverpool on sunday by pressing gerrard whenever he had the ball,
    If they are we know why.
    Forum Member
    Ok. Seriously. Do you actually hear what you are saying???

You think that Carra has given away a secret by saying that a player doesn't like being tackled??

Seriously?

I don't like being kicked in the nuts, but keep it under your hat as I don't think anyone knows...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not tackled pressed
    Forum Member
    It's as if you're making up for lost time...
This discussion has been closed.