Options

When have you cried at a soap?

Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
Forum Member
So we follow soaps, the storylines, get emotionally invested with the characters, and when emotional incidents such as deaths, weddings or births occur it can draw the odd tear. Not for everyone, but occasionally theres just that incident where you begin to well up and let flow the tears, so this thread is effectively: when have you cried at a soap? mind they can range from a few wee tears to a bucketload :D

Heres mine in no perticular order:
  • The episode where Jase died. not when he died, although that was sad, but moreso when Jay learnt his father has died and later when he wept over his dads body. i rarely get that teary but these scenes really got to me, especially since i loved (and love) both jase and jay as characters.
  • Nana Moon: both the normandy episode with alfie (atill one of my fave soap episodes of all time) i found the whole air of that episode incrediably sad, and of course her quiet death. very emotional, and i defintely shed a few tears for these episodes!
  • I liked the Millers in EE, and therefore liked the miller episodes where they returned to their council estate, back when eastenders could do runnign storylines without dragging them out immesley and adding in idiotic slapstick, you mind? anyway, when demi found leo dead, that just REALLY got to me. again, a wee tear was shed here.
  • Dennis EE is effectively my fave character ever, so his death, and the aftermath got me very emotional. a few tears.
  • The moment Paul was driven off in EE, and seemed to know what was coming: struck me as a very sad moment, and brought out a few tears.
  • Its not often i get emotional in hollyoaks, but i shed a few tears each when Max died on his wedding day, and nearly, i think, when Kieron was poisoned. it was Nial and Kierons acting that nailed it for me here.
  • Never cried at any corrie scenes, got emotional certainly, especially during Mike Baldwins death scene, and also when Sarah lost her and todd's wee baby son., also today when i found out Tully the Tit was sticking around for at least another year.
  • For Emmerdale, again, there wasnt an incident where i sobbed or anything like that, but when Max King died, i felt quite emotional and sad, i really liked the character.
  • Saved the best for last, or worst techncially: I have never EVER got so emotional or cried so much during a soap scene that i have with this classic EE moment: the whole Ethel/Dot euthernesia incident , how Ethel just died, with dot by her side, got to me a lot, and now i cant watch that whole episode without balling.

Agreements? disagreements? what are yourse? come on, dont be afraid to admit it :p

Comments

• Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not many i can think off. Most memorable was when baby Daniel in emmerdale died. That was just heartbreaking and the acting by everyone in the episode was fantastic and seemed soooo real.

Also cried when max died in hollyoaks, and when steph was singing at his funeral.

I never actually saw the ep when Nana Moon died, but watched it later online and cried at that.

Also today with the debbie/jasmine bit i teared up a little.

I'm sure there have been other bits as well, i'm sure when i read other peoples posts i will remember
  • Options
    Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everytime Shirley has a close up in EE.
  • Options
    x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE when Jamie, Jase & Dennis died, and Hollyoaks where Max died, it was Tom that got me going :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I might have sniffled when Jamie Mitchell died in Eastenders and I got a bit of a lump in my throat today when
    Jasmine and Debbie said goodbye in Emmerdale
    (just in case people didn't see it yet). Oh and when Shane Parrish died in Home and Away all those years ago... I don't do crying in real life but give me a nice juicy bit of fiction and I love a good old sob fest!!!! Hehe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never :( The closest I came to crying was probably when Leo died in EE- I liked his character (and his storyline) and back then I decided to stop reading spoilers so had no idea what was going to happen! But even then I didn't actually cry, I think it was shock more than anything!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I creid at Max's Funreal in Hollyoaks, it was Steph singing that got me, not because she couldn't sing, but she how she started off :(

I cried when Wellard died (I cried for ages after that episode :o)

I cried when Nana Moon died, the Ethel/Dot storyline. Erm I think thats it. I didn't cry when Jamie Mitchell died, I laughed because I knew all the girls at me school fancied him and would be crying :D
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I cried when Max died and when it was his funeral in Hollyoaks. I cried yesterday at Neighbours when Susan and Karl were upset over Zeke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    The only time that I have cried at a soap was whilst watching Jack's funeral in Emmerdale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    The only time I ever cried was when Vera died in corrie, still makes me sad thinking about it (*sob*)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    I creid at Max's Funreal in Hollyoaks, it was Steph singing that got me, not because she couldn't sing, but she how she started off :(

I cried when Wellard died (I cried for ages after that episode :o)

I cried when Nana Moon died, the Ethel/Dot storyline. Erm I think thats it. I didn't cry when Jamie Mitchell died, I laughed because I knew all the girls at me school fancied him and would be crying :D

I found the nana moon and ethel deaths amazingly emotional, especially ethel: what added to that was how frail looking the actress was, just such a sad scene. June Brown is without a doubt Eastenders most reliable waterworks inducer!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've probably cried loads at certain episodes because I'm a total softy at heart, but the ones were I can remember actually sobbing as if it were happening to people I knew was....

Tiffany's funeral in Eastenders. When her brother gave that speech in the church I was in bits.

When baby Billy Grimshaw was buried in Corrie, and Todd talked to him at the graveside and said through tears something along the lines of "Hiya Billy, it's your Daddy..." I was gone. Like a sobbing wreck.

When baby Daniel died in Emmerdale. I think that might be the most I've cried at anything. Ever.

I was pretty embarrasingly bad tonight when Debbie and Jasmine were saying their goodbyes in the prision.

Basically if it's a death or a love-story it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be in a corner in convulsions of tears.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    When Tiffany died in Eastenders, I was young at the time so it's understandable. :o

I also forgot when Wellard died recently, so I don't have the young excuse. Everytime I hear that East17 song I am reminded.
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Refusion wrote: »
    The only time that I have cried at a soap was whilst watching Jack's funeral in Emmerdale.

I knew i'd forgotten something.

Yes i cried during Jacks funeral. Or more so after when they were standing around his grave :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I found the nana moon and ethel deaths amazingly emotional, especially ethel: what added to that was how frail looking the actress was, just such a sad scene. June Brown is without a doubt Eastenders most reliable waterworks inducer!

Yep. June Brown was outstanding. She is one of the best actresses ever in soap, IMO. Brilliant episode that was, one of the best. So well acted by the two. and so sad :(
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cried
    when tina died in hollyoaks
    when nana and alfie went awa on novemebr 11 2005 ( how sad to know date)normandy

tricia died in emmerdale
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    The first time I cried at a soap was when Tiffany died in EE and most recently was when jim appeared at dots for christmas, but that was because it was such a sweet moment.

i vagualy remember a scene in EE with alfie driving his car away from kat, with her crying and whispering "please come back" or something like that which i found quite emotional
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep. June Brown was outstanding. She is one of the best actresses ever in soap, IMO. Brilliant episode that was, one of the best. So well acted by the two. and so sad :(

I think easties is good at the moment, got some rgeat characters, but there is justa bit to much forced slapstick and drawn out storylines, it doesnt quite feel as gritty or emotional as it once did, i actually find myself hoping santer will move on soon, the show badly needs a shake up imo.

off topic, i know, but i wanted to get that off my chest for ages! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When Tiffany died in Eastenders, I was young at the time so it's understandable. :o

I also forgot when Wellard died recently, so I don't have the young excuse. Everytime I hear that East17 song I am reminded.

Same, I have to turn over if I hear that song, EE have scared me for life lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cry everytime Anthony Cotton acts (With laughter).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

Same, I have to turn over if I hear that song, EE have scared me for life lol

I turn over when I hear that song, for completely diff reasons like it being rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    tricia died in emmerdale

Oh my God Tricia!!!

I'd forgotten all about her. Add that to my list I'm nearly crying just now remembering Marlon turning off the life support.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I think I actually found Wellards death more sad that Jase's, mainly coz of that song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max's death in Hollyoaks and his funeral - never cried so much at a soap/tv programme!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Also Nana Moon's death.
  • Options
    smelly jemsmelly jem Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've probably cried loads at certain episodes because I'm a total softy at heart, but the ones were I can remember actually sobbing as if it were happening to people I knew was....

Tiffany's funeral in Eastenders. When her brother gave that speech in the church I was in bits.

When baby Billy Grimshaw was buried in Corrie, and Todd talked to him at the graveside and said through tears something along the lines of "Hiya Billy, it's your Daddy..." I was gone. Like a sobbing wreck.

When baby Daniel died in Emmerdale. I think that might be the most I've cried at anything. Ever.

I was pretty embarrasingly bad tonight when Debbie and Jasmine were saying their goodbyes in the prision.

Basically if it's a death or a love-story it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be in a corner in convulsions of tears.

When baby Daniel died in Emmerdale I was in floods of tears , my little girl was only tiny at the time and I remember going in to check on her in her sleep so much more in the following weeks.

I also cried when Ashley and Laurel took custody of baby Arther and Mel broke down. It was so hard to watch. Poor Mel. Poor Laurel. It was an unthinkable situation.

Dennis Rickman's death in EE was a very teary thing too. Sharon was having his baby , and he loved her so much. Dennis was fit too:D

ps- I know soaps are not real. Honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    Jamies funeral - i dont know why but it is when sonia started playing evergreen at the end and it showed you phil crying that always made me cry.

And most recent one was when Steph sang at Max's funeral - it was brilliant acting and writing.