Jessie Wallace wants to return to EastEnders

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
Forum Member
✭✭
EastEnders favourite Jessie Wallace is to make a sensational return to Albert Square.

The actress, who played feisty barmaid Kat Slater in the soap, has told friends she is heading back to Walford in the role that made her famous.

A BBC source revealed: “Jessie is very excited about playing Kat again. She’s been off screen for a few years and a lot has happened since she was last in the show.

“She feels the time is right for a return and says she can’t wait to get back into the Square and stuck into some meaty storylines.”

Former make-up artist Jessie shot to fame after winning the EastEnders role in 2000. She was one of four unknowns chosen to play the warring Slater sisters.

Kat became a huge hit with fans, winning a string of awards and becoming involved in several big storylines – most famously confessing to being the real mum of sister Zoe, played by Michelle Ryan.

Offscreen Jessie has had a turbulent personal life, including battles with drink and drugs, and quit the show in 2006. Her character Kat was last seen leaving for America with hubby Alfie Moon.

Earlier this week Jessie, 37, – who recently split from fiancé Tommy O’Neil, 25 – told GMTV’s Lorraine Kelly: “They’ve left the door open and I would go back. It’s a great show and I do miss it.”

Last night an EastEnders spokeswoman said there were no “immediate” plans to get Kat back but added: “Where big favourites like Kat are concerned, we would never say never.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/03/28/jessie-wallace-to-return-to-eastenders-115875-21234863/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah run out of money and realised she's not actually very good as anything other than Kat has she?
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see the slaters return - Kat, Lynne, Zoe, Mo etc
  • Virtual PaulVirtual Paul Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Zoe will come back too (assuming she wasn't bumped off, can't remember how she left if I even saw it), seeing as that Bionic Woman show she was in in the USA bombed after about 6 episodes.

Alfie's not too convincing as the new Minder either, though no-one could really fill Arthur Daley's shoes, so get em all back!
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see her return.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely she is far too busy with other projects:confused:
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    No No No No No No No No
  • GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she run out of money to maintain those big flabby BINGO WINGS?!

(I'm sorry I couldn't resist!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she run out of money to maintain those big flabby BINGO WINGS?!

(I'm sorry I couldn't resist!)

Was that really necessary? :rolleyes::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, hope its true.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    They all believe they're larger than the show...
  • GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    They all believe they're larger than the show...

But her arms were.:o
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    So she said she's going back in it, yet then it's a case of she wants to. Confusing much?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see her return.
    I don't think she's been unsuccessful after leaving at all, she's done plenty of stage work, a couple of one off dramas (Including the Marie Lloyd one, which she was brilliant in), and wasn't she in Wild at Heart for a bit?
    It doesn't matter how good someone is, acting is a pretty unstable job. Jessie Wallace has got a young child, and Eastenders is a stable job, so I think it makes sense for her to return, and I, for one, would like to see her back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    So she said she's going back in it, yet then it's a case of she wants to. Confusing much?
    Very confusing - she's told her friends she's on the way back ??
    I don't think she's been unsuccessful after leaving at all, she's done plenty of stage work, a couple of one off dramas (Including the Marie Lloyd one, which she was brilliant in), and wasn't she in Wild at Heart for a bit?
    Both times playing Kat ;)
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For God sake NO MORE returns
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    ah run out of money and realised she's not actually very good as anything other than Kat has she?

Ha, there's only one thing more predictable than ex-soap stars returning to their roles and that's these kind of cynical responses posted on the net when they do :yawn:

(Meant in the best of humour :D).
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I disliked her more than I've ever disliked any other soap character, I could not stomach 'Jelly Wallace's" return.

Bruce is a legend for calling her that. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    She joins the list of people who have returned to a soap because they cant find work anywhere else. She left to "try new things", except there were no new things and now she is back to where she started.
  • JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could cope with Kat but please god not Alfie. There are rumors about Shane Richie as well and I really don't ever want to see Alfie back in the Square again.
    Forum Member
    JoanneK wrote: »
    I could cope with Kat but please god not Alfie. There are rumors about Shane Richie as well and I really don't ever want to see Alfie back in the Square again.

Ugh GOD!

Noooooooooooo. He was good for like an episode, then his act got tired.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    What I don't get is forum posters getting all high and mighty because actors are returning to soaps and their careers didn't pan out the way they thought.:confused: Sad or what.:rolleyes: Good on them I say. :)
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    What I don't get is forum posters getting all high and mighty because actors are returning to soaps and their careers didn't pan out the way they thought.:confused: Sad or what.:rolleyes: Good on them I say. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with people returning to what they do best. Soaps are notoriously difficult for an actor to shake off, over here anyway. Australian soap stars seem to have no problem in getting huge roles.
  • susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that it will matter one bit to EE, but if this woman returns, I will switch off - and I've watched since episode one. Jessie Wallace only has herself to blame for needing to return to this soap because of her behaviour. She has her chances, but messed up.

I hated the Slater era, when they totally took over the show, to the extent where nobody else had storylines and most people lost interest in EE. For me, they were responsible for the 2004 rubbish. Mo, Charlie, Jean and Stacey are enough now and work well. Wallace has nothing to offer EE and her character is not needed. It will only be the same old Kat getting drunk and sleeping with anything with a pulse. No way. She sorted her life out and went off with Alfie, leave it at that.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Kat never really left 3 years ago. She just changed her name to Stacey. ;) There would be no point in a Kat return.
  • donovan graciedonovan gracie Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoanneK wrote: »
    I agree but believe me if things dont pan out with minder he'll be back too